Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 2, 9, 10, 2 Total: 24 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:17 pm
[5k2 Damage: 3]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:38 pm
@ Iaijutsu Duel:

Susumu would go to draw his blade at the moment he saw an opening, but Denbe was already in midswing with his own. One quick flash of steel later, and a laceration would appear across Susumu's left shoulder before his own weapon had half-left the sheath.

"DAMN!" he said aloud, shoving the weapon back in completely and standing up. "That... was actually my first duel. It was kind of intense! Though I thought I had you, you were much quicker than I thought possible."

Laughing, he would do the unorthodox thing... and shake Denbe's hand firmly. "Win this one, Ujina-san. Show them what an underdog can do."

Benjiro would smile, gesturing towards Denbe. "And that is that. The winner of this match is Ujina Denbe. Next up, Kaiu Kagae and Bayushi Kojiro, it will be your turns to duel. Raicho-san, take it away." Benjiro would step back, allowing his partner to step forward.

WINNER: Ujina Denbe

"Crab versus Scorpion. Let the battle commence." she would say, seemingly a little more enthused for this match.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:46 pm
@ Killing crabs, pain explosion:

Kagae would step forward the anxiety wracking his nerves slightly but he would not falter as he walked to the middle of the dueling area. Pulling his katana (still sheathed) out of his obi he first bowed to the audience and then presented his katana to Kojiro before bowing to him.

"I hope we both do well... We haven't spoken much since the first day... Oh well..."  
Plainsfox rolled 9 10-sided dice: 2, 8, 10, 6, 7, 3, 8, 4, 7 Total: 55 (9-90)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:59 pm
@The Iaijutsu Duel

Kojiro would follow Kagae's suit and return his Katana to his obi. "Indeed, Kagae-san. I would have liked to spend more time with you and the other members of your clan, but I've been kept very busy. We'll need to rectify that soon."

Kojiro would go to the appropriate place and fall into his stance, trying to determine the Crab's weaknesses and strengths.

OOC Assessment Roll!
Awareness+Iaijutsu 6k3 w/ 3 additonal dice to handle explosions.
Attempting to learn Kagae's Iaijutsu skill, Agility, and Reflexes. (2 Raises called)
TN: 15
Results:33  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:04 pm

"That last part almost sounded like a threat..." said Kagae gravely as he returned his katana to his obi and would grip it as if he were to draw it.

Setting his feet in a wide stance he would begin staring at Kojiro.

(Assessment awareness+Iaijutsu 2k2 vs TN 5 Result: 7
Attempting to learn Kojiro's Iaijutsu ranks)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:17 pm
@The Iaijutsu Duel

"I hope my company is not so odious to be viewed that way, Kagae-san! Still, let us get past this duel first.

OOC:
Choosing Reflexes for Kagae to use as his attribute.
Ceding first Focus/ Strike roll to Kagae.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:20 pm

"Fine..."

Kagae would continue to stare at Kojiro developing small muscles twitches around his eyes to show how much he was focusing here!

(Iaijutsu 2k2 vs TN 5 Result: 3 )  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 8, 4, 7, 7 Total: 37 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:22 pm
OOC:
Reflexes/Iaijutsu
TN: 5  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:27 pm
@ Iaijutsu Shenanigans:

Rain Yupa
Speaking lowly, she would explain her alarm. "Hisashi-san, I saw something with Sayoko-san dueled just now. I don't know how the magistrates missed it, but... I think there was a little bit of blood on her sword prior to her strike. I do not know what to make of it, and Jiro-san is busy with the Kitsu."

Hisashi would be somewhat surprised by this claim, especially coming from Gemmei.

"You're suggesting Sayoko cheated? Pre-planted some blood on her blade or something like that?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:27 pm
@ Iaijutsu Duel Interruption:

Suddenly, a female voice would scream out, interrupting the duel before Kojiro could strike. Everyone would turn to look to one side, and Shosuro Naizen would be standing there, a katana protruding through his abdomen and out his back. Behind Naizen, Soshi Maru would be screaming at the sight. In front of him, a peasant man would be there, covered in blood. A man that Kojiro would recognize.

"AND THAT'S FOR MY DAUGHTER, YOU b*****d!"

It wouldn't take long before Seppun Benjiro would intervene, there with surprising speed, sword already drawn. It would be a single, clean slice that would decapitate the peasant man immediately, before he and Raicho would be at Naizen's side.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:37 pm
@The Iaijutsu Duel Interruption

Maru's scream occurred right as Kojiro had sensed an opening in the Crab's form and was about to take it. He turned his head and saw Naizen covered in blood. He rushed towards the fallen Shosuro without a second thought, a trillion questions on his face, but unable to vocalize them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:40 pm
Hisashi's attention would be drawn from Gemmei momentarily as the sight before him came to pass. With a grunt he would mutter something about "the whole world going to Jigoku in front of me" before turning back to the person speaking with him.

He would keep an ear out to the other happenings after that event, because at this point he was just about done with this tournament and all of its insanity...  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:48 pm
@ Iaijutsu Interruption:

"Naizen-san, hold still. We need to remove the sword before we can ask the kami to heal your wounds. It's going to hurt like a b***h." Kojiro would hear as he neared through the gawking crowd. Shosuro Naizen was on the ground, Maru kneeling behind him, emotionally distraught. Benjiro was crouched beside the downed Scorpion, ever so gently touching the handle of the katana.

"Raicho-san, we need to hurry. The only Daidoji guard posted at the western gate is heavily injured; he stabbed her with a knife and took her sword. Let us finish here, then you go treat her." Turning towards Naizen, he would simply asked, "Are you ready?"

Naizen would not respond, but he would simply stare at Benjiro, seemingly knowingly. Gripping the handle, Benjiro would not risk moving it slowly and sawing the Shosuro's insides further; rather, he would, almost coldly, yank it out once in one swift motion.

"YYEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!"

"Naizen-san!" Maru would cry out, holding his hand with both of hers.

"PATH TO INNER PEACE!" Raicho would call out, holding her hands just above the wound, the mystical powers of the kami undoing most of the damage that had been done.

"That should be enough to stabilize him. Please hurry, Raicho." The Kuni magistrate would stand and nod, before running off at a sprint.

"Now, if you don't want me to replace that sword with my own, tell me what in Jigoku that was about, Naizen." Benjiro would say somewhat ominously, standing above the fallen samurai, reaching for his blade.

"I don't know! He came at Maru and I, and he stabbed me! He was blabbering something about his daughter, but I've never even seen him before in my life! He probably thought I was someone else!"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:52 pm
@ Iaijutsu Shenanigans:

"No." Gemmei would frown and shake her head. "Sosuke-san was clearly wounded. He would have spoken up if he was not. I think her sword has already drawn blood today. But I don't know who's."

And then the Iaijutsu Interruption happened.

... yeeaaahhh....  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:58 pm
Hisashi would clearly see Gemmei being distracted, and would hiss to her:

"I don't know whats going on. This whole place has been quite a mess ever since we got here." he would say very much so in a serious tone. "If you can, try and figure out what's wrong and calm her before she gets herself slaughtered like that peasant. I'm going to try and figure out what in Jigoku is going on over there. I can meet up with you somewhere in 10 minutes if you think you're going to need a hand. Is that acceptable to you?"

The courtier was starting to get into damage control mode, since it appeared that there was going to be a lot of it needed very very shortly.

This was not a good day.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games