Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:52 pm
The Players

Crab Clan
Kaiu Kagae, Kaiu Engineer (Mongooseh) * ** ** * **
Higher Purpose; Anti-social x2
Kuni Kaori (F), Kuni Shugenja *
Bad Health; Anti-social
Hida Hogai (M), Hida Bushi * **
Large; Missing Limb (Left Hand)

Crane Clan
Kakita Zanzen, Kakita Bushi (Raganui Minamoto) * * *
Bad Fortune (Mismatched eyes); Brash
Doji Koan (M), Doji Courtier ** ** **
Voice; Benten's Blessing
Asahina Kenichi (M), Kakita Bushi **
Dangerous Beauty

Dragon Clan
Mirumoto Sozen (M), Mirumoto Bushi
Tamori Makoto (M), Tamori Shugenja * * *
Kitsuki Wazuka (F), Kitsuki Courtier **
Benten's Curse

Lion Clan
Kitsu Kyumi, Kitsu Shugenja (Agent Sinistra) **
Personal Attendant; Friendly Kami; Gullible; Haunted x2; Idealistic; Spoiled
Matsu Seichiro, Akodo Bushi (Keith Valken Lionheart) ** * **
Death Trance; Heartless; Large; Can't Lie; Idealistic; Missing Eye; Soft-Hearted

Mantis Clan
Yoritomo Hisashi (Sutiiven) * **
Yoritomo Susumu (M), Yoritomo Bushi ** ** *
Bad Reputation

Phoenix Clan
Isawa Toyoko (F), Isawa Shugenja *
Isawa Sosuke (M), Shiba Bushi *
Asako Sumi (F), Asako Courtier ** ** *
Gaijin Gear: Glasses; Small; Bad Health

Scorpion Clan
Bayushi Kojiro, Bayushi Bushi (Plainsfox) ** **
Bland; Dangerous Beauty; Bitter Betrothal; Driven; Forsaken; Lost Love; Obligation; Phobia (Ocean); Wrath of the Kami (Water)
Soshi Maru (F), Soshi Shugenja * *
Dangerous Beauty
Shosuro Naizen (M), Shosuro Shinobi *
Bland

Unicorn Clan
Horiuchi Sayoko (F), Moto Bushi * *
Social Disadvantage
Ide Jiro (M), Ide Emissary * *
Voice
Shinjo Gemmei (F), Iuchi Shugenja * *
Wary

Other Guests
Ujina Denbe, (Psychofish) ** ** ** *
Clear Thinker; Bad Fortune (Allergy); Sworn Enemy; Unlucky x2
Kan (M), Order of the Four Temples * * **
Lost Love

Your Gracious Hosts
Doji Kita (F), Jade Magistrate
Voice; Benten's Blessing; lots of Personal Attendants
Seppun Benjiro (M), Jade Magistrate
Personal Attendant
Kuni Raicho (F), Jade Magistrate
Eta Servant
Daidoji Gennai (M), Daidoji Chui/Lieutenant

Red = Day 1 results, pages 1-24
Blue = Day 2 results, pages 25-42
Green = Day 3 results, pages 43-77
Orange = Day 4 results, pages 78-135
Purple = Day 5 results, pages 136-157
Gold = Bonus!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:55 pm
Year 1151, 10th Day of the Month of the Dragon

Before you stands the Daidoji Training Grounds of the Crane Clan. As you approached the gates of this walled complex, you are unsure what to expect, let alone if this is the right place. A lone man, dressed in a yellow kimono embroidered with green kanji, would await you at the gate. In his late thirties, his shoulder-length black hair was starting to gray. His face was definitely weathered by experience, but he did not come off as unfriendly. Just unwavering.

"Welcome, traveler. I am Seppun Benjiro, Jade Magistrate to Emperor Toturi. I take it that if you've come all the way out here, then you are a new initiate sent by your Clan to compete in the competitions sponsored by the Jade Champion, Kuni Utagu. If so, you have come to the right place. The competition won't begin for several hours, so do make yourself comfortable as the rest of the competitors arrive. I'm afraid that I must ask for your name and rank within your Clan, however. We'll need it for purposes of the tournament's records."

Upon your approach, he gestures over a peasant scribe, a young man of humble roots and utterly remarkable. Upon giving your information, Seppun Benjiro dictates to him what to inscribe upon the scroll in his hands. Afterwards, he bids you entrance into the dojo.

There is a large clearing typically used for large-scale training exercises, though most of it has been taken up by numerous tents of various colorations and, often, Clan insignia. There are some buildings not far beyond them, but rope has been tied between several trees, several parchments hanging from the long divider indicating the buildings are off limits.

All around the perimeter of the dojo are numerous areas of mixed terrain, obviously grown or put there artificially; however, they are, in no doubt, the battlefields of many of the Daidoji Harriers in which they train to hone their skills.

Now, you merely wait for the Hour of the Akodo to approach, when the sun is highest in the sky. Within a matter of hours, you will, perhaps, have some of the answers you have come all this way to seek.

You may begin. The Tournament specifics will be explained sometime on Tuesday. You can filter in any time between the night before and the morning of the Tournament day. Several Daidoji often patrol the grounds; though much of their force is not here presently, these few look like they will be more than capable of handling anyone who gets out of line.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:57 pm
Bayushi Kojiro arrived early. The nondescript samurai absentmindedly traced the wrappings of the hilt of his katana while he waited his turn to give his information to the Magistrate. Even mere scribes are more noticeable than I Kojiro thought bitterly. No matter. I will succeed here. Then maybe Koyuki will give me a night's worth of peace.

Kojiro was jostled out of his revery as a samurai bumped him. The Scorpion bushi took the apology other samurai offered in good spirits. Inwardly, the young Bayushi glowered. My family's greatest asset, and yet our greatest curse. It doesn't matter. Neither standing nor fame will give me what I truly want. Perhaps if I win at this tournament, I'll be a step closer to my desire.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:29 am
The young Crane strode forward carefully, attempting to stay calm. Only his right eye was open, a clear blue. As he stopped before the man, he bowed. "Kakita Zanzen of the Koriyuka." And proceeded to give the indicated information, leaving when dismissed.

Ah the Daidoji grounds, always a lovely place. Though he never did train here, he saw it a few times during travel. The place was well kept and, moving to a wall, he leaned on it to observe the ground, and more importantly, anyone else entering.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:52 am
It was with great exuberance and excitement that Kitsu Kyumi, accompanied by her attendant, came to the entrance of the Daidoji Training grounds. Her emotions are obvious, although a light tug on the sleeve of her golden colored kimono from her attendant prompts her to make herself look more composed.

With a polite bow from both women, the bright red haired woman began her introduction. “I am Kitsu Kyumi, and this is my attendant Omi.” At being mentioned, the plainer looking of the two women gave another bow. Kyumi continued on to provide the requested information. After that, the two left after they were dismissed and began to make their way towards the Lion Clan tent.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:31 am
Seichiro stood a few feet past the gate, looking down at the ground with his single eye. He was lost in thought, and excited. But feelings wanted to burst out of him, but he was nonetheless keeping his cool. He looked up a few times, blinking as his eye adjusted the amount of light going into his iris. He smiled, then sighed. A tournament! A chance to prove oneself worthy and to bring honor to one's family! He adjusted his eyepatch, then walked around, getting a feel of the battlefield. This felt just like back when he was a warlord; it was both exciting and unnerving.

He adjusted his belt and armor straps, then walked to the golden-colored Lion tent, the emblem of the clan proudly facing everyone who stared at the tent. He walked in, to see if there was anyone he knew. In a way, he was hoping there wasn't, because he was not a social man. He was a man of battle.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:27 am
As Lord Sun rose over the eastern horizon and proceeded to journey across the sky, the hour of the tournament by hand. More and more samurai filtered into the Training Grounds. Some came as individuals, while others came with their own posses and troupes, be them onlookers, guards, or personal attendants.

The designated time would approach, and some samurai began to instinctively gather at a clearing near the tents, unsure of where to meet. Whether you join them is up to you, but eventually, an older woman in blue robes (marked by the same green insignia as Seppun Benjiro) would approach the crowd, clearing her throat. The few nearest her would quiet and turn to her, and eventually silence would overtake the gathered mob.

"Greetings, one and all. I am Doji Kita, Jade Magistrate. The Jade Champion, Kuni Utagu, has sent us a message; he regrettably informs us that he will not be able to attend the competitions to take place at this tournament. He has left myself, Seppun Benjiro, and Kuni Raicho in charge of overseeing the events."

Kita, though her voice was innocent sounding by nature, spoke firmly and without any doubts in her voice. Her gentile eyes contrasted with her assertive posture. Gesturing behind her, another larger, heavily-robed woman, in assorted greens and grays, would stand quietly and patiently, unmoving. Her face, painted in a macabre dance of black and white paints, would only somewhat mask the look of disinterest on her face.

"The Tournament itself will begin shortly. They will proceed thusly: For the next five days, there will be three competitions held, and you are limited to participating in at most, one of the three. Starting at midday, a competition to measure physical prowess will occur first. In the afternoons, a social competition will happen next, where you will be judged by your interactions with your fellow samurai. In the evenings, a measure of your intellectual fortitude will conclude the day's events."

"Seppun Benjiro has been logging in various contenders as you have arrived, and the information given will be used by us to help keep records for scoring purposes. Anyone who wins the competition for that day gets two marks after their name; the runner up will receive a single mark. The eight top-scoring contenders will compete in an Iaijutsu tournament on the sixth day, to determine the over-all winner of the tournament. Those who do not carry a katana can elect another willing samurai to champion them for this tournament, as normal."

"The physical competition for today will be a Martial Duel. Weapons of any melee caliber will be permitted. The winner will be determined by whomever strikes the most blows to their opponent, or whomever forces their opponent to submit. However, if you take the life of your opponent, you will be immediately disqualified from this tournament."

"The social competition for today is a Court Debate. Those who participate will attempt to discuss and argue various points on Rokugani culture and history. Remember; if you lose face, you also lose the debate."

"The mental competition will probably delight a good number of you. To close the competition for today, we will end with a light-hearted Go Tournament. May the best man or woman win!"

"Those that wish to compete in the Martial Duel, please report to Seppun Benjiro. Those that are interested in the Court Debate, please see me. Those that will participate in the Go Tournament, please see Kuni Raicho. That is all."
She would simply turn and head towards the gates where you were greeted, the Kuni magistrate hot on her heels.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:30 am
GM Clarification: Once all active players have signed up for their respective competition for the day, I will post a list of who is involved in which game. Any competition without any PCs will be passed, though the winner/runner-up will be mentioned and any highlights discussed.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:59 pm
Kagae arrived at the Daidoji training grounds of the Crane earlier than expected. He was hoping that his diversions on the way there would help him avoid the event entirely. Luckily or unluckily for him he arrived on time just as the event was about to go under way.

"Um... Greetings... I am Kaiu Kagae a bushi of the Crab clan... Can I go in now? Thanks" he told this to a man to register for the tournament.

When he got further in he heard a call to remind people of the competitions going on.

'A duel? I'd be okay at that but there is certain to be people better than me at it... Social comepti- NO. A game of go? Never played it.' He sighed while he thought to himself and resigned himself to the duel.

He then reported to Seppun Benjiro to sign up for the martial duel before retreating to the Crab clan tent to ready for said duel.

When he reached the tent he immediately sat down on an available seat and pulled out a immaculate suit of heavy armour which of course was his own. He had worked on this during his travels here to get it to a suitable level of craftsmanship of which he was satisfied.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:16 pm
Kojiro stopped trying to get the attention of his fellow Scorpion participant. He had hoped to discuss the other participants with her, but the Soshi simply was not paying attention. Kojiro shrugged and signed up for the martial event. He wasn't much of a courtier.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:37 pm
After the woman finished speaking, he did what she said: she walked towards where Seppun Benjiro was, after asking around. He registered for the martial duel, and then proceeded to go back to the Lion tent, where he would practice his kata, before the tournament would start.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:16 pm
"Tch... the duel is for me." The Crane turned, noting a few of the other samurai there, especially marking out any of the Lion and in turn, if they wore a house insignia, the Matsu. Heading to sign up for the martial duel, he wondered how many would participate.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 pm
Kyumi had just about gotten up the courage to approach the large samurai that she was currently sharing the Lion Clan tent with when it became clear that the festivities were about to begin. Perhaps she would speak to him after the day’s competitions were over. After all, on the slim chance that she made it to the tournament’s finals, she’d need to find a champion. It’d be an insult to the Lion Clan on the whole if she didn’t seek the assistance of one of her own over one from another clan…

But that was something for her to think about later. For now, it was best to focus to the events at hand. From the explanations that the Jade Magistrate provided, it was obvious she had two choices- Either she took part in the debate or joined the Go tournament. The more she thought about it, the more appealing the game began to sound. Certainly, it might not be her best subject, but… She knew the game somewhat. Besides, considering how competitive the tournament would likely become, it might be a good idea to enjoy things while she still could…

Her mind made up, Kyumi went off to find Kuni Raicho. Once she had signed up, she retired to the Lion Clan tent, where she watched her fellow clan member as he practiced with some interest.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:16 am
Kojiro rummaged through his sack, pulling out many things, like his piece of jade and his battered copy of Lies to reveal his Kusarigama. He set the weapon down and then repacked his possessions.

Kojiro stood up straight and gave the chain portion of the kusarigama a few practice swings, careful not to get out of control and either clonk himself on the head or send the weighted end through the tent.

After Kojiro finished, he wrapped the chain into a coil and fixed the kusarigama across from his daisho.

"Tell me, Lady Soshi, will you be joining me in the test of arms? Or will you be attending the other two events?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:51 am
Seichiro would keep this up for quite a few minutes, doing gentle, quick strokes with his Katana, and would've kept it up if he didn't notice the woman watching him. He choked, and almost tripped and fell down. He put his katana back in the scabbard, and bowed down to her.

"I am sorry. I didn't know you were here, ma'am." He said this words with a serious, yet gentle and serene tone, one that didn't really fit a man that tall or a Matsu.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff