Need help with leading RAWR Events.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:26 am
Hey guys and gals, RAWR is awesome. I love you so much. We have taken off and are on the right track - leaving only rubber, smoke, and some burnt out guilds in our tracks. I think its safe to say we are the strongest most vibrant guild of our class - and we are only getting better.

Right now, we are doing 2 or 3 events a week, with several hundred in attendance for each. The flow of creativity is good. Seems theres usually a new idea popping up, or always someone online willing to critique me as I/we set up the layout of the event.

The problem is: I am hosting all the events - setting up, troubleshooting, hosting, and tearing down. I mean, I'm ok with that, but I can only do so much. I want RAWR to be bigger and badder than I can do on my own.

My greatest need is for someone located outside the United States to host events relevant to European and Australian time zones. Currently, those time zones are in a total blackout for RAWR Events.

Bottom line: I'm looking for a few people (inside or outside of the US) who want to put on the helmet, get in the driver's seat, and take RAWR for a drive. If this is you, fill out the form and send it to me.

~raisedpassion

Name:
How long you have been with RAWR:
Leadership experience (online or in rl):
Favorite type of event? ("all" or "any" is not an acceptable answer):
What would be your strong point in leading a RAWR event?
What about your weakest point?
Give me an example of a creative idea for a new type of event that hasn't been done yet:
If a tree falls in a forest and the cartoonist who drew it isn't there, does it make a sound?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:48 pm
i might do it but am not shure cause i dont eat sleep and breath gaia and it woul be a bit of a pain cause of school but ill se what i can do  

lost and forgoton

Enkeri
Crew

O.G. Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:46 pm
i would but im starting work soon... srry  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:20 pm
if my opinion here matters... you should slow down on events until summer again. you'll have a lot more people not only willing but ABLE to help out. or two weeks before christmas.  

CatEaterr

tha things

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:26 am
now that school, work and so on start i think we maybe should do them mostly in the weekends... but thats just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 am
CatEaterr
if my opinion here matters... you should slow down on events until summer again. you'll have a lot more people not only willing but ABLE to help out. or two weeks before christmas.
noted.

RAWR seems to function better during the school year actually.

In the summer, things are really random. It was a hard adjustment for RAWR. People go on vacation, camping, doing summer activities, the list goes on and on. It's like trying to run on 3 cylinders.

During school, after everyone gets settled down again, you've typically got lower activity thru the week with high activity on weekends. Our good events happen on the weekends with one or two easy events happening during the week.

Thank you so much for your help with the party last night cat. I know you feel like you failed, but there wouldn't have BEEN an event if you hadn't stepped up to the plate like that.  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:39 am
still looking for ppl.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:40 pm
CatEaterr

I agree.  

abysmal-dismal

Informer

Capn Agonys

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:17 pm
Name: Capn A.
How long you have been with RAWR: Give me a break xD
Leadership experience (online or in rl): Please. I do this shite all the time. <3
Favorite type of event? ("all" or "any" is not an acceptable answer): Raves
What would be your strong point in leading a RAWR event?: I've done it before, plus I'm very good at throwing RAWR parties <:
What about your weakest point?: I tend to forget to add where it is >>;;
Give me an example of a creative idea for a new type of event that hasn't been done yet: multi server party
If a tree falls in a forest and the cartoonist who drew it isn't there, does it make a sound?: No. <:

So here's the sitch. my birthday is coming up, and we're having the BIRTHDAY BASH OF THE CENTURY. End of story <3

I'm reserving the weekend before the 19, or the one after. It's going to be a two day thing, being a raid friday night in our birthday suits (wearing nothing at all), and then semi formal for the rave at Hollywood on saturday.
If I can't do two days, this will all happen on the friday before or after the 19th.
C:  
Research and Development of the Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff