Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
"She was really self conscious about this little moustache." Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

diffun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:37 am

So yeah, got mine waxed (FINALLY!)
Okay, so, upper lip, not really a ‘stache... much.
Everyone I know who has done / does do it, complains about it... I felt next to nothing?
Then, I don’t seem to for waxing of any kind...

Discuss:
Pain thresholds?
Just pure awesomeness?
The fact that it doesn’t make sense, because I’m kind of a wimp?
Why I felt the need to share this info with you guys?
Something?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:36 pm
Everyone's sensitive in different areas. I know somebody who waxes her armpits. I could NOT. gonk For me, my mouth is sensitive, but I could rip my eyebrows out completely and not even wince. Arms are like... like jumping int cold water to prove your manliness. It hurts, but you still say, "Ohhhh, YEAH!" when you do it. i_i  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:24 pm
I could never wax anything because my skin is too sensitive for waxing. But, fortunately, I have no need for it. :3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:23 am
Did you do it yourself or have someone else do it? If you did it, what kind of wax did you use? And if someone else did it, keep them handy!

I've only had my eyebrows waxed, once. It didn't hurt too much, but then my skin turned bright red all around my eyebrows for two days straight. I looked like some kind of crazed clown. I've been too afraid to try to wax anything else ever since.

I'm really happy you had a happy waxing story! You never hear those.  

kim ocean
Crew

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:29 am
kim ocean
Did you do it yourself or have someone else do it? If you did it, what kind of wax did you use? And if someone else did it, keep them handy!

I've only had my eyebrows waxed, once. It didn't hurt too much, but then my skin turned bright red all around my eyebrows for two days straight. I looked like some kind of crazed clown. I've been too afraid to try to wax anything else ever since.

I'm really happy you had a happy waxing story! You never hear those.

That happened to me once, I was allergic to the wax.
I recommend a salon or professional beauty therapist 100% (:  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:11 am
haha, nah, i didn't do it myself. i went to a salon/beautician.

i only wax my legs myself, too s**t scared to do the rest on my own, particularly eyebrows... i know a girl who does her own eyebrows though.

diffun

Arianna Loves Chu

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:27 pm
I have my fiancee pluck my eyebrows......I hate wax..I'm self concoius of my stomach..Well im 6 mos. preg so..people stare.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:59 am
The only waxing I get done is my eyebrows. Mum convinced me when I was younger to get my pits done.

It hurt like hell, caused some minor bleeding and barely worked. Since then, I won't let wax touch any other part of my body.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:59 am
Honestly I'd love my eyebrows waxed again. My cousin made them look so beautiful and I'm normally very conscious of them. It only hurts for a little bit.
One time I had my eyebrows plucked to be like completely shaped nice and that was more painful.

But otherwise no wax for me. Shaving my armpits is easy as hell so yeah.

I have a little hair on my stomach and that makes me super mad. I have used hair removal cream on it before.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:56 am
I know right it annoys the s**t out of me to have hair on my "tomach" as my little brother calls it.  

Arianna Loves Chu

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

RepulsiveConchita

Fashionable Gekko

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:43 pm
I got my eyebrows waxed once. I wish nobody else was watching me (except for the salon lady of course. if im gonna pay to get my eyebrows waxed, she better not mess it up.) Anyway, it was my first time, and i didn't know how bad it hurt. So I kinda jumped and my mom made fun of me afterward... stare  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:55 pm
I know a girl with a bit of a stache. I find it kind of cute razz Also I can pull hairs on every part of my body except my legs (specifically lower legs). For some reason that part is just real damn sensitive. To this day I have no idea why. But w/e  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:04 pm
I've waxed my legs before..lol that's about it for ever waxing though and even at that I didn't find it much different than shaving my legs so I don't understand the fuss about getting any sort of waxing done sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:06 pm
Dunno about waxing, but I doubt I could do it. When I started shaving, I wanted to badass and use a straight razor. After I did, it looked like I'd visited Sweeny Todd; my scruff was replaced by a beard-shaped mass of pimples. O.o

Then, there was the time I tried nair on my naughty bits. Never again. That was the most pain in which I have ever been. xD

Nexus Carbuncle

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 am
Straight razors are awesome. Just learn how to use them. Also learn what kind of finish you are using whether it was done using diamond paste, chromium oxide, etc. and pick out which you prefer most (diamond pastes=closer shave, Crox=smoother shave)  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff