Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
what is tektek (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crazy yaqui

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 pm
I know I'm computer challanged, but I keep seeing it in games, contests and in polls. I'd like to know so I can see if I like that type of games and maybe start to play them. so what is tekteking  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:47 pm
im not sure how you explain it...buts its a site where you can make your dream avatar and to win contest....its like dressing up and planning for your future avatar...

this the website~http://www.tektek.org/index.php

check it out...if you still have some question feel free to ask~

not just to dress up your avatar...tektek is also used to find items and check the prices and compare an item to another item...

tektek is also used to edit and change your profile themes~  

SoulRIZer

Chatty Regular

9,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:19 pm
Tektek is a resource site for Gaia. It stores all sorts of information about Gaia's items. It also has various tools that make your life on Gaia easier.
See SoulRIZer's post for the link.

"Tekteking" is the act of using Tektek's Dream Avatar Creator tool and dressing a fake Gaia avatar. The avatar you make on the Tektek site is often referred to as a "tektek."
It's not really a game. It's just dressing up an avatar base. People often plan out their "dream avatars" on Tektek since they can see all the items in one place.

The Tektek website isn't a game and doesn't have games. You can't earn gold or Gaia items or anything from tektek itself.
Gaians who make up games will often ask you to use tektek in order to participate. All you'd do is create an avatar using the Dream Avatar tool .... but make sure you follow the rules of the person's game. The hardest part about those games is sticking to themes or making an outfit that's deemed to be awesome or stylish.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:33 am

A word of caution though- if you're using the dream avatar tool on TekTek, the layering is not the same as it is on Gaia. You can create something totally awesome there that won't work here but you'll also find free layering contests where people encourage you to implement this aspect of tektek and come up with interesting avatars that can't exist anywhere other than on tektek's bases.

(For example, on TekTek you can equip four pairs of shoes. On Gaia, this obviously doesn't work.)

Daypaw

Hardened Member

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces