Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((Full)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new picture for Gio?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one at least
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I can find a better one! *Posts an image in the OOC*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:37 am
User Image
Miya didn’t like where Kasumi and Suri were headed. On one hand, she was extremely pleased to see them experimenting with their powers and attempting to work together. This would aid everyone in the coming battles. However, forcing two opposing elements together could be extremely dangerous and she didn’t want anyone seriously injured in a simple sparing match.

Before she could become too worried, the pair was done, and no worse off. They seemed to be actually pleased with the result, and Miya felt her tense body relax. Perhaps this group would be better equipped for the challenges ahead than her old friends…

Orin thanked her for the food, to which Miya nodded politely back to him. She’d learned long ago that scholarly types need a lot more food than one would think for those brains of theirs. Like Miya, Orin selected some dried meat for breakfast. He also expressed an interest in sparring, which fairly surprised Miya. Wasn’t he still tired? She herself almost felt like she might be able to nap right there by the fire.

"I am actually quite surprised that you are not interested in teaching Gio there some fighting techniques. I would assume a warrior of your stature can teach him a lot."

The comment caught Miya a little off guard. It was true that she was skilled, between age and the culture she grew up in, she was a warrior through and through. So why hadn’t she volunteered? Maybe she still felt a little like an outsider to the younger group. Miya didn’t dwell on the topic.

“I suppose you make a good point. I’m always up for a sparring match, if someone desires it,” Miya answered simply. If someone wanted her experience, she was more than happy to help, but she wouldn’t force herself on anyone. After all, she didn’t want to be considered a boastful person.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:19 pm
Giovanni Infinito Dragoni
I just.... I just don't want to see anyone hurt because of me. I want to be able to protect them.... protect them all.

User Image Gio was made to think for a moment as he ate. He was receiving not one, not two, but three offers to spar, and it was actually starting to excite him to get to better himself. Back when he was younger, before the incident that warped his mind forever, he used to always be proving himself to the other noble Nero Angeals. They would goad him, looking down on him as they were taking part in sword training and in normal life, and in both scenarios he would try to fight them, often viciously, because he didn't want to be looked down on, he didn't want to be belittle, but seen as an equal to the other nobles. Of course, Nero Angeals are born naturally stronger than the average human, and while his old skills had been fairly good for a human, he had gotten his a** handed to him on a large amount of occasions. More often than not it would end with either him walking home with a huge collection of bruises to show for it, or his brother stepping in and protecting him. It really didn't help his goal when Rigo stepped in, but he couldn't fault his brother for wanting to help him either, so he just let him do as he pleased, trying to fight at times that he couldn't help. He had been younger and more foolish then, and now he realized why both he and Rigo had been banished from Terminus in the first place, because he had been the source of the massacre.

He cast those morbid thoughts aside as he came up with a passable solution for having three tutors, "Well, I wouldn't ask that you go easy on me. I want the best training I can get out of this. On that note, I would like to request a certain structure to this. One of you at a time can train me, but switch out with each other as often as possible to keep every situation different, and to keep me on my toes. You can switch out in whatever order you decide on, but that way I won't be overwhelmed by multiple opponents, but I'll be able to train with all of you at once. Anyone else can be free to join in the rotation, so that I can get the biggest variety." He paused and took a moments glance at Jolyre, looking away quickly. He didn't know if she noticed the glance, but he pretended it never happened and added, "Just no lethal force. I don't mind getting battered and bruised, since it has happened to me on a large number of occasions before."

He stood up from his seat, walking over to his Chocobo, and rummaging through one of the bags. This bag had come with the saddle on the Chocobo, and hadn't been one of the supplies that Jolyre and Miya had brought back with them. He had packed the two items in here away without anyone noticing, and now he drew one of them out of the bag and into the light of day once more. In his hand was the black windmill shuriken that he had created when he had fought Kai, one of the two he had created. He couldn't use the gun anymore, since it had run out of ammunition, but he wanted to learn how to use this weapon to better himself. This way, he would be capable of mid-range and short-range combat.

When he turned to face his comrades at the fire, he drew his blade as well, holding the katana in his right hand and the large shuriken in his left. He walked to a position off to the side of the camp, where there was more space and the woods lay just off to the side. He stood there for a moment, and without thinking, spun the shuriken on his finger, then threw it in front of him. The tips of the four blades of the shuriken spun and dug into the ground in a long trail in front of him before arcing up into the air and boomeranging right back at him. He caught the spiraling black star of death easily, as if it flowed into place in his hand once more, and looked at it with a mixed expression of knowing expectation and shock. He had had a feeling that he would be able to use it... that the incomplete knowledge that had poured into his mind when he had been filled with power was still there, but he knew there was still a lot more he could learn with this weapon, so he would just have to practice.

He stood there and looked to the group, ready for the first to come up and unleash their power on him, ready to fight.  

Draconia Crystalis

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:14 pm
Suri liked where this was going. Gio was thinking on his feet, taking the best he could of this situation and using it all to better himself. Suri hoped he was able to help the boy, and perhaps later on help improve himself against the others. When Gio made mention of a rotating system, he caught Miya's and Orin's eyes with his own. This would indeed be interesting.

Since he was going first, he did the initial power-checks and routine diagnostics to ensure he wouldn't slip up and burst Gio's heart with a big electric shock. He watched as Gio removed and did a few movements with that shuriken he'd used on Kai. He'd no idea Gio kept and packed the thing, it looked like he had kept the gun as well. Gio made ready with both star and katana, adding some range to his initial fighting tactics. Suri faced his opponent with only one piece of advice: "I've got a metal torso and arms, so feel free to give it your all, Gio. As long as you don't try to cut my head or legs off, you will have a hard time harming me. Just try not to expend all your energy on me, you've got Miya and Orin to contend with when I'm done." he said as he clanged his fists together and prepared to spar.

((I didn't start in with any attacks in case Gio wanted to try using the star on Suri. I'm fine with you controlling my character for this session, there's not much you could do wrong. Just as a heads up though, I've picked Orin next for the rotation.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:17 am
Orin Beleren

User Image

"Alright I shall follow after. Oh and Suri.." Orin said as he stood up and walked towards Suri before he and Gio sparred. "It does him no good if you hold back too much. However, try not to kill the boy at the same time" Orin whispered to Suri as he stood behind him. Following his words he gave Suri a tap on the shoulder then went to sit in his spot once more. This should prove interesting. I have not really seen Gio fight as himself before and I did not expect him to keep the weapons he had used in his fight against Kai... Orin thought as he sat down and kept a focused gaze on Suri and Gio. Orin wanted to study both Gio and especially Suri's fighting styles. There maybe a way that he can combo with Suri's element but he wanted to study how Suri moves so they can be in synch. Kasumi was the other element that Orin wanted to talk to about combining elements, but she will have to wait until after he can be sure with Suri.

Vizzion

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:01 am
Giovanni Infinito Dragoni
I just.... I just don't want to see anyone hurt because of me. I want to be able to protect them.... protect them all.

User Image Gio smiled as Suri took a position across from him, and Orin gave him a few friendly words of advice before moving off to the side. "Just so you all know, when I mentioned rotation, I meant a very rapid rotation. You can switch in at any time, even when I'm attempting to directly attack the current combatant. Only rule is no back attacks or ambushes while I'm attacking another combatant." He gave a cheerful grin to Suri at that, and readied himself for his training.

He closed his eyes and tried to remember what his old instructor, Lady Gelda Nebelim, had taught him. In battle, one had to put aside all secondary thoughts and focus on the moment. Any distractions could cost you your life in a real battle, so even training should be treated the same way. Focus as though your very life depends on it. Let your mind become one with the battle, and make it so you don't even have to think to react. Be enthusiastic and earnest in your desire to fight, but tread carefully away from the path of bloodlust. Those were some of the teachings his old instructor had passed on to him... and he used to have many of those things... that will to fight and enthusiasm had been long gone since two years ago, but he wanted it back so badly that he was willing to make himself believe it was there already.

Two sets of eyes gazed at him unwaveringly, watching from afar. One yellow set, the other blood red, both unblinking as they kept watch over him, wanting to see the potential of the boy as nothing more than a boy. Each gaze held a different purpose.

Gio's eyes opened, and to any observer it would almost appear that his eyes were glowing, but that is not the case. The apparent glow is only the hardened light of someone who has sunken his mind into battle. He wanted to be stronger so badly that he was ready to go all out against his opponents. After all, he was still an ordinary human, and they were all Crystal Bearers, it wasn't like he could really harm them if he tried, so he had free reign to give them everything he had.

Without a word, Gio ran forward, losing all trace of conscious thought, but retaining his sense of self as he advanced on Suri. This was the mental state his mentor had wanted him to learn and know. To be yourself, to keep your mind and your sanity, but at the same time to lose yourself in battle so that you cannot be distracted. It had happened unintentionally before when he had fought Kai, and he had retained himself enough to stop himself from killing, but now he would bring it about himself.

With barely even a grunt, Gio spun the shuriken on his finger and hurled it at Suri. However, rather than aiming directly at him, Gio had thrown it so that at the last minute, it would veer off to the side slightly and miss him completely. With his focus having been on the shuriken, that would leave him more open to a frontal attack.... but that wasn't all there was to it. Gio was right in front of Suri a moment after the shuriken left his sight, and he held his blade to his side in a readied stance. His grip on the hilt tightened as he spun the blade around with as much force as he could in a horizontal slash that would make him do a complete 360 in place due to the momentum of the blade. Unless his blade was stopped, he would be dealing two blows to whatever he hit, be it a would-be killing blow or a guard by Suri.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:17 pm
Kasumi

User Image

Kasumi sighed as she felt the effects of her and Suri 'experiment' finally leave her body. It was an interesting experiment but too much of the current and it would have killed her. She was glad Suri had more control of his power than she probably did.

She walked over to the a tree, leaning on it slightly, avoiding the training process that Gio and the others were taking part in. She had heard how Gio wanted to be trained and grew slightly worried. Fighting, training, either way, someone would have injuries and near fatal wounds.

Kasumi didn't like the thought at all but knew there was no way to prevent it. "Guess I will have my work cut out for me. They will all need to be healed after this." she said quietly. She looked back at the water and sighed. She should be training herself right now but decided to watch the fight of the others. Maybe she could pick up some things just by watching, not actually doing.

Kasumi the ocean

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:21 pm
Suri allowed himself a smile of satisfaction to see the change Gio underwent as he prepared for battle. "Now that is what people normally do." he thought to himself. He noted that Gio's eyes held the determination and fierceness that a combatant should display for battle, not the ethereal glow he'd witnessed before. Today, he'd be seeing the potential of the human called Gio, not some foreign entity hell-bent on the destruction of its foes.

Gio deftly whirled the shuriken directly at Suri, closing the distance between them in less than a second. The early morning light glinted off of the metal's keen striking surfaces, making it a shine dangerously as it came his way. Suri raised one arm to block it, and was fairly surprised when it veered off to his side, he realised it was a ruse only when he noticed Gio's swinging katana coming in from the side he'd just exposed by raising his arm to guard. He mentally commended the boy and berated himself for the success of the ruse, but he'd not score a clean hit on him this soon! Too late to drop his defending arm to block the strike, which looked to be a heavy one, Suri twisted his body toward the blade, bringing his other arm to take the brunt of the blade's bite.

So forceful was the strike that Suri could not stop the blade with his arm, which was his intention. Instead, the blade deflected off his forearm at a higher angle, still carrying alot of speed and momentum. Though only a deflection, Suri could feel the strength in the blow, for a human it was a more than decent strike and would fell and fleshed foe in one strike. On the other hand, this left Gio's back and sides exposed as the strike appeared to be turning him full circle, which would in fact allow him to have a second strike if Suri wasn't careful. Withdrawing his arms to a close-guarded stance, Suri moved in close and brought his leg forward in a sweep that Gio would turn directly into, tripping him up with the force of his rotation. Suri kept his arms at the ready to deflect the sword a second time. His leg sweep would make contact with Gio's feet at roughly the same time his blade came full-circle to strike at him again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:16 pm
The Nero Angeal had of course heard Giovanni ask as they all ate breakfast about training partners. Rigo would always be there for his brother and sparring was definitely something he would do with his younger brother to help him. Gio had never seemed quite his fighting self until maybe the day before, but what Rigo and Gio knew Rigo could tell it was coming back to Gio. Even if Gio hadn't fought for so long, his body still held the memories of the routines. However, Rigo waited this time around to see how the others would respond. Kasumi going off to train seemed to inspire example, and Suri volunteered to go with her and than spar with Gio. Next, Orin and Miya seemed interested. Actually, Miya had volunteered to spar with anyone. Rigo wasn't sure if he sensed a slight hesitation from her though. She was no doubt the most experienced in the group due to her age and Animus's designation of her as the most experienced.

At first, when Rigo saw Kasumi and Suri combine their elements, he was concerned the same way as Orin. Water and electricity did not seem to be a good combination. However, all had turned out well without too much mishap. Then Gio had begun his practice sparring. He was enthusiastic, but Rigo had a feeling, a brotherly hunch that Gio was really trying short of desperately to prove his worth and better himself so he didn't feel....to put it bluntly... so useless. The possession of his body must have had as much of a surprise impact to Gio as it had to Rigo and the others, if not more. No one would ever take well to being possessed by anything, Animus or not.

Rigo looked on, observing the battle between Suri and Gio. This would be good experience for Gio. Suri, being part metal, would be heavier and stronger. Gio hadn't encountered anyone like that in fighting before. The Dragoni noble decided to clean up while they practiced. Rigo himself would have welcomed the notion of training given the outcomes of yesterday's events, but he was reserved, as reserved as Miya was in this case. "Harrier, what is your estimation of when we should arrive at the bandits' location?"

((Hmm... Drac, which lands have Rigo and Gio been to? sweatdrop ))  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:32 am
User Image
Miya said nothing as the combatants decided rotation and began the session. She didn’t move from her spot, studying their movements. Observation was the first rule of fighting. You either saw weaknesses, openings, or flaws, or you died. This was one of the basic principles her mother had taught her.

Both men had their strengths, but in different areas. Suri, due to his metal body, was stronger and more durable. He could take hits that no one else could, and thus had a high advantage. Warriors are used to targeting vital points, herself included, and when those suddenly reduced in number, well, it made things much more difficult.

Gio on the other hand, was fast. His speed, if nurtured, could be a great strength. Avoiding hits altogether was arguably better than being hit at all. He also enjoyed versatility, switching between multiple weapons. This was similar to Miya. Miya was agile, and liked to switch up her tactics to fool her enemies. Her major weakness was that she wasn’t very good at taking hits. So, she just learned to never get hit. This tactic got harder with age…

Miya stood slowly, watching, and withdrew her whip. She would have to play defense – there was no way to make the crack of a whip any less damaging. She’d switch to a new weapon, but she liked a challenge. Now all she could do was wait for the right moment to present itself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:49 am
Orin Beleren

User Image

Similar to Miya, Orin sat on his spot unmoving and studied the sparring match between Suri and Gio with undivided attention. For Orin however, every movement seemed to slow down. Every movement, every reaction and strike, Orin studied them to find weaknesses in the opponents guards or even the strength of the combatants. He may not be a warrior like Miya but he understood how to study one's movements to spot flaws or strengths. In this case his observation would be the same as Miya's, at least he assumed. Gio was quick and his strikes were strong and efficient. Suri, could be compared to a knight clad in plate armor, strong and durable thus hard to physically injure. The two men sparring were opposites and made this match a lot more entertaining for Orin.

After what seemed like hours, Orin's attention was diverted when he heard a shuffle and what he thought was a weapon being withdrawn. He turned to see Miya standing, whip at the ready and waiting to jump in the fray. "Miya, if I may, can I go next?" Orin asked her as he too stood up slowly and patted his coat. "I have noticed, as I am sure you have too, that Gio is quite the agile fighter. I would like to see what Gio will do when his footing is not so sure. Call it an experiment if you will..." Orin said to Miya in a soft and quiet tone as he folded his arms and looked at her.

Vizzion

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:43 am
User Image

Orin seemed to also be analysing the action. Well, that was no surprise really. He was an intelligent person and was no doubt logically looking at each angle.

He proposed jumping into the battle next, and sounded as though he was going to invoke his crystall to give Gio some unique challenges. Miya nodded to him, smirking. Of all the crystal's powers, Orin's was one of the few that could be openly employed in training excersises. Her fire wasn't something that was very helpful in that respect.

Miya relaxed her stance slightly and waited for Orin to join Suri. It was an interesting morning to be sure.

<>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:40 am
Orin Beleren

User Image

"Thank you. I am quite sure that you will enjoy watching what I have planned" Orin said as he noticed Miya relaxing her stance and nodding towards him. "Now then..." Orin said as he gathered the moisture in the air around them onto his hands which were glowing the same bright bluish hue as his eyes were now emanating. Orin had anticipated that the area around them would be quite damp. He saw the morning dew still hanging around the blades of grass and then added to that Kasumi's artificial pond creating a small water cycle around them. As Orin gathered his magic around his hands he began expelling freezing air onto the ground around where Suri and Gio were fighting. The freezing air was not meant to instantaneously freeze the ground around them, rather, he meant a slow freeze so that Suri could take notice that Orin was ready switch out with him.

((Im just gonna wait until Drei gives me the go ahead to switch. Oh and Drei there's no hurry. If you still have somethings planned for your spar go ahead I wrote the slow freeze so you can take your time.))  

Vizzion

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm
Alane Shoudu- "I am but mad north-north-west: when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw."
User Image

It was bright, early early morning by the time Alane woke the next day. The sky was just starting to pinken by the time she was already outside, ready to leave. The wind blew damp morning air around, and made her shiver at the cool. Mornings were always wonderful, but over time it was something she took for granted.

Alane looked back up at the sky once more as she fixed her purple scarf around her neck, if it was cold already down here it would be freezing in the skies. She gave a sheepish smile at her father, who was standing across from her and holding the last of her bags. Maurik, behind her, shuffled his wings and nudged his rider with his narrow nose.

“Well, uh. I talked to Mr. Tircel last night and told him what you told me. He said he expected as much, with the trouble his older sons were getting at when they were Harrier's age. I really don't think he understands much of the predicament that you all are in at the moment, but the man's been known to surprise us all,” Kashmir said and rubbed the back of his head, wondering if there was anything else needed. His daughter smiled at him and opened her mouth to speak, but the wyrum behind her grew impatient once more and nudged her forcefully, seeming to say, 'Get on with it!'

“Haha,” she chuckled awkwardly and went to take the last saddlebag from her father and strapping it on, “I guess that's my que.”

She sighed and looked back at her dad, before walking over to him and exchanging a deep hug with him, “I love you.”

“Come back soon,” Kashmir nodded. Alane pulled away and walked back to the snorting dragon. She quickly pulled herself into the ornate saddle and began fastening the stirrups, firm enough so she wouldn't slip but loose enough so she could easily get out if needed.

“Here, let me help you with that,” Kashmir said and steadied her left leg and began pulling at the strips of leather.

“Thanks,” she replied and got to work on the right. It was done in a matter of seconds, but they both knew they wanted to prolong out the last few seconds.

“There's a note in one of the supply bags to another merchant in Zent, although I doubt he's there. He's a jack of all trades and owes me a few things from over the years of caravaning, me saving his skin and what-not. If you give 'em it he'll be more than happy to oblige; you can tell him by his red Chocobo at best, since he's sly with his name,” he muttered and lightly slapped her leg.

Alane looked over at him with wide eyes, he didn't know how much this would help, “Thank you, dad,” she smiled.

“Now. Then,” he coughed and backed away, “Best be off.”

Alane nodded and gave a small cluck to the dragon, who was more than ready to jump out of his stupor and take off at a run-jump-flight takeoff. The wind whipped around as the two dug out into the main canyon and Alane glanced back to give a final wave to her father, which he returned. Maurik took a sharp turn to make a quick ascend and tunnel through the main current of wind, making Alane lean forward onto the black scales and grip the reigns tight. He seemed to have only a bit of trouble with the extra weight of the bags, but still well within his carrying range. This is good, he's getting stronger, Alane noted. She leaned her weight to the right, wanting to go into a different than normal direction. Once she plotted out the coarse she would let the wyrum take wing, until them (or at least until they got out of the canyon current and rose until cloud level) she would have to be careful.

Maurik's leather wings fluttered in the wind, the noise coming from it was near silent but the air around them was loud and whooshing. Almost deafening. Alane leaned more to the right, to take another air current out of the canyon and to the plains. Up above there were some beasts roaming about, and to the right there were other wyrums in the trees. Alane stooped a little bit lower, into another current to avoid a bridge. Some passbyers were on it and gave her a wave, recognizing her. She gave a short wave back, before turning to a sharp left to follow another duct to get out of the canyon and into the fields.

She gave a sigh as she leaned back once the wind slowed. Maurik's wing beats were steady and even now, he would follow this path straight to Zent. Hopefully catching up with the rest of the group before long.

The sky above was still dark, but if she rose above the clouds she would see an already blue crystal clear. The plains below were littered with dark spots, but most of the grasses were flaxen and brown. When fall comes it will be full of reds and oranges of the season, but until then it will be the normal color of summer. Alane already was scanning the below for the group, even though it would be probably be a way's off until she spotted them.

A good hour and a half passed, the sky was already a normal blue, when she spotted them. A small patch of tents and people, with Chocobos not far off. There was a cluster of trees around, before fanning off into a thin forest. Alane gave a light tap with her calves, “Lower,” causing the wyrum to fold his wings slightly and descend like a black blurr.

There was a small 'ckshh' sound as Maurik's feet took hold of the earth, but it didn't raise much dust. Alane quickly hopped off and gave a big wave at the people around the fire, since some were there and others were a bit ways off (what looked like) sparring. Her legs were stiff from the cold of the flight, and she wobbled a bit.

“Hello sirs, ma'ams or neuters! I hope you all didn't miss me too much,” she grinned and led Maurik closer. She would keep him on the other side of the camp, seeing as the bird-brains were already giving Maurik the 'evil eye'.

“Ah, you don't know how warm it is down here! It's colder than a Mistmare's spell up there,” she said, whipping her runny nose with her sleeve.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 pm
Harrier sat back and waited, wanting to watch the group spar. This was closer to his field, and he would see what else he could teach them apart from what they already knew. One on one was more of his style, but he worked well enough in a group.

Gio was fast, as it seemed, and was working well enough with the katana. It was a small and lithe sword, something Alane could defiantly have a greater impact with opinion on. But so far all seemed like good swordsmanship. Suri also fought well, having his own countermeasures of his blade; with the help of his cyborg body.

Beside Harrier was Rigo, who had come out earlier, had asked about the approximate time until they reached the bandits. Harrier leaned back a bit, still looking at the fight but no longer thinking about it, and thought a bit, “If we leave within the hour, we will reach Zent by noon. Give an hour for rest and information of their location and I'll say we're out of the city 'fore supper. We'll just have to see how long the travel will take to actually get to them to determine the other factors.”

So probably a chime or two after the full rise of the sun, Harrier finalized in his thoughts. His eyes trailed over to Miya, who was also joining the battle. He was eager to see her battle. And then next was Orin, who he knew next to nothing about. Even his nation, Harrier was unknowledgeable about. Maybe soon he would know a bit about the other bearers.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a flash of black, and immediately went to draw his swords. He relaxed when he saw the familiar shape of a dragon about to land. It was Alane.

She walked over a little clumsily, giving a wave and shouting loudly. Ah, he expected no different.

User Image

Harrier A'Cal- "I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom."  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm
Jolyre sat alone by the fire, looking all menace and white steel. One by one her fellow group members either volunteered to spar and force some knowledge into the ragdoll boy's head, or they set themselves to cleaning up around the camp and preparing for the departure and bandit battle that would soon take place.
It didn't make sense that the others weren't sparring with each other. Jolyre could admit that she herself had never fought against a cyborg Suri's size, nor a scholar mage from Crylos. How many angeals had the others fought?
Which made her realize. Once she was out of Tylem, Jolyre Aegis could take to the skies once more. How long had it been? Two, three days since she last spread her wings? They were so close to being full and feathered. She thought she had reached her peak of skill and maturity and was very irritated by the fact they were still majorly outlined by that golden ethereal glow. Gio gave the instructions for his sparring match and gave a swift side glance to the angeal. He took it away as fast as it had been done as if willing himself to have not looked upon her at all.
"Just no lethal force. I don't mind getting battered and bruised, since it has happened to me on a large number of occasions before."
Inside, she grinned. It pleased her greatly that after gazing upon her the Dragoni boy thought of lethal force.
She stood gracefully up from the boulder that served as her seat and watched the battle take place from the sidelines.
The boy was fast. Faster than Suri anyways. Jolyre always counted on speed and agility to get her through fights. She could pack a strong enough swing to dice your spin, but say one such as Suri struck you with one of her white steel gauntlets? It would probably cut you in half, rather. There was also the lack of reach she had to make up for with swift feet and dance-like movement.
That was the first thing Alexei taught her to do. A harp-player made beautiful chords from the shadows and Alexei taught his daughter to dance.
"This," he told her, "is the most important combat lesson you will ever receive."
Suri had the advantage of a wall. A wall can't reach you as fast you can run up and tag it, but it will stand up strong and patient for much longer than you can endure. Both were admirable traits.
Her eyes traveled to Miya who was fidgeting with her whip. Jolyre's knowledge of the whip was limited having never fought one, but she could tell that if she ever fought against it, she would be at a strong disadvantage. She would have to depend on timing to stay out of the whip's reach and get close enough to strike with her gauntlets.
She knew no one wold trust her to spar with the boy and, indeed, she didn't trust herself to. Nor did she express any wish to partake in the action. Truth be told, the one was most eager to fight against was Rigo. She was naturally curious due to their natural opposition as both Angeal and Nero and light and darkness. She needed to fight him to exact her fighting protocol against Nebelim. It seemed an even batter idea for all the wielders to fight each other now that she remembered the false-bearers...they needed to sync with each other's elements and fully understand them
She winced for a moment that she considered herself part of their group for a moment. Making battle plans in accordance with her "companions"
But mostly, Jolyre wanted to experience the power of the simulcast again. Regardless of the fact that Animus had controlled their opposing elements and added his own, she longed to feel that power once more.
A shadow flitted across the sky and swiftly grew larger. Alane was back, obnoxiously happy as always.
Jolyre made no move to greet her and felt no reason to do so. Instead, she stood apart on the sidelines of the fight, observing with narrow eyes.  
Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff