Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
communication issues (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DandyLionWine

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:48 pm
Um, um. I need some help, please. sweatdrop I dunno if it's that my screen is small or what, but I can't find where I can communicate with emicons or txts nor where I can click on to make my avatar sit. I do know that I could be able to do these things before. Because I remember figuring it out. It's just now I cant.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:49 pm

Do you mean using emoticons and sitting just on your avatar? You can go straight there by clicking your avatar in the header- it will take you to the dress-up screen. This will allow you to toggle sitting and standing, but the emoticons that users wear on their avatars are all items that must be purchased in the marketplace. They can not simply be toggled on and off- the same is true with text that appears around avatars, it all belongs to one item or another.

Are you referring to virtual worlds? It's different for each one, you'd need to specify which one you are using. Here; here are the options using towns, and here are the options using zOMG.

I've pointed out the stance toggle, emoticons, and circled the text entry on both.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

DandyLionWine

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 pm
Ok, thanx. it must just be that my screen is small which is why i cant see those icons. it's the same elsewhere too. that was helpful.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:06 am
Sepa Goth
Ok, thanx. it must just be that my screen is small which is why i cant see those icons. it's the same elsewhere too. that was helpful.

It's not the physical screen size, it's the resolution. If, when you load Gaia, it does not fit on the screen - and you use scroll bars to move to see the edges - then your resolution is off (miss set).

This is an issue with your OS.

Otherwise - it's a preference setting in Gaia.

Basilia Ann E

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items