Reply Japanese culture
Cherry Blossom Festival

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CutePokemon101

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:52 pm
The cherry blossom festival is a tradition in Japan. The cherry blossom festival is a time to watch the blossoms and more.

http://gojapan.about.com/cs/cherryblossoms/a/sakuraviewing.htm

These events take place in Spring. This event is a time to have fun and spend time with family. Japan is famous for cherry trees. They have lots of kinds in Japan. Thats why the like cherry blossoms so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:34 pm
I have to agree with you... cherry blossoms are indeed beautiful. I just hope that when I go to Japan I can actually go to a hanami and enjoy the picturesque landscape clad in a gentle pink.  

kuroikappa

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 am
They're gorgeous, I really want to go to the festival but I'm going to visit in winter or summer most likely.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:16 pm
^.^ last time I went was about 10 years ago and it was really fun if any of you has the chance to go to japan the cherry blossom festival is really enjoyable and you won't forget about it trust me it's been 10 years since i last went to a festival and i still remember it sad but sadly not in depth cuz I was a little toddler....i know surprisingly is still remember it.  

ayah712

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:51 am
Hello fellow Gaians...

I'm actually at the airport waiting for my flight to go to Japan for Hanami. I wasn't sure if people would be interested or not. I'm glad someone made a post. I have a livejournal set-up. The users name is "sams03." I'll try to keep updated as much as I can. In it I'll also link to pictures via photobucket. What would we do without the internet? I'll talk to you all from the other side of the world.

EDIT 9:32am: I just saw a guy walking by with a cooler, that had a LIVE SHELLFISH label/ sticker on the side. That's a new randomness.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:30 pm
Hanami starts in January down in Okinawa. Here in southern Kyushu it was about 2 weeks ago... and it is slowly making its way north. Have fun! heart

It was horridly windy the entire time and ashy thanks to the volcano down here. It is aptly named "sakurajima" (桜島). whee

Also: most of the sakura are white-ish... if you want some really awesome pink ones go to Okinawa in January-February. It is already warm down there and the species of Sakura is hot pink. I actually kind of prefer Ume (Plum) which bloom in Kyushu around Early March. (They bloom earlier and come in a veriety of colors and smell LOVELY -- Sakura don't have a smell.)  

CaffineFreek

kissing_rain_03

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:15 pm
This is diffentely on my to-dolist when i get the chance to go to Japan!!! mrgreen  
Japanese culture

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games