Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
copy images (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JaneStarwind

3,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:47 pm
I found a funny captcha image while i was about to post in the forums and i wanna copy it and put it in my signature because it is just that funny. How do I do this?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:10 pm
I have the IMG code but for some odd reason even though I am placing the img brackets, the image won't appear in my signature. I need help. I tried asking Gaia Online's Question & Assistance forum and I am still having trouble.  

JaneStarwind

3,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hmmm. I grabbed the url of a random captcha image just to test it out for myself. This test worked for me. So it should be possible...

Do you see the above image as a picture or as text?

If it's text, then you have the Whitelisted Images account setting. With that setting, you can only see images from photobucket, tektek and Gaiaonline images.
You either have to make a photobucket account and upload the image to photobucket...
or
change your account preferences so that you can see all images. The option is located on the bottom left corner of the account settings page under Image Display. http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/settings

If you can see the above image as a picture and not text, then I'm not sure what's up. Post the url of the captcha image so we can test it out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:19 am

The easiest way to get the actual picture from a captcha, especially if you're including any sort of witty commentary in the input box below, is to get a screenshot by pressing the PrintScreen/SysRq key on your keyboard. It's usually up towards the top on the right-hand side :3 Pressing it will take an image of everything up on your computer screen at the moment.

Then you can open any paint program on your computer (MS paint will do) and press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot in, and then select the portion of the image you want (The captcha) and delete everything else. Once it's cropped down to size, save it to your computer, upload it, get the URL, put it in the IMG brackets, and you're good to go ;3

Daypaw

Hardened Member

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces