Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 5:: Topic: Resources.
You can live comfortably without much Space

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:13 am
My boyfriend and I were just chatting on steam, discussing how one day we'd like to move to japan. And we were talking about how we'd have to cut back on a ton of STUFF to save space(such as only a toaster over, not a microwave, no useless gadgets, use a computer, dont bother with T.V.s and such, etc) And he sent me a link: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/01/watch-tiny-transformer-apartment-video.php

WARNING Video is crap in your pants awesome! It shows how we don't have to give up our luxuries to live very comfortably!

EDIT: I stuck this in resources, because space is a resource, and the smaller our homes are overall, the better it is for the environment! We cut down less trees for our homes. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:36 pm
Japanese architects have also long struggled with redesigning living space, and they're also coming up with new, innovative designs. I'd live in several of these: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128953596

This has a lot of practical application in the United States, but the big hangup is convincing Americans to drop their "larger-than-life" attitude. Many Americans choose enormous homes simply because they can, and because it gives them the feeling of "larger-than-life" that Hollywood teaches us to value.  

Hurricane Islandheart

9,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:32 pm
I know how you feel... Americans(and i am an American, but I don't share this mindset) seem to have the "Want more so you can Waste More" attitude. Ugh.

It could be great for crowded city apartments like in New york to implement, if it could be made affordable. smile

Ohhh those houses are coool! razz  
5:: Topic: Resources.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff