Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
I have a question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JrSuper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:49 pm
Before I ask my question, let me just say that I go around towns and I see alot of evil things and I tell ppl to not do this. And usual when i'm all alone with my friend(s), I talk about God and stuff. But today, a question appeared in my head and now the question is...

Is it good for us to talk about God? If people are sinning, should we put them down and tell them to turn around and face God?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 pm
Why not.
Edit: About "talking about God".

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

XXDemonic TwinkieXX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:52 pm
Not a good idea. It will prove that some christians are very closed minded and ignorant. And cannot accept other people's point of view.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:40 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

Never be ashamed to talk about God. But it isn't right to put people down just because they are in sin. We are suppose to love the person, hate the sin not hate both or hate on both. Leave the judgment to God and come at people with love.

We should be sharing the word of God with everyone but the way we sometimes approach people can upset them and make it so they do not want to hear what you have to say.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:38 pm
What do you mean "put down"? I spoke to a homosexual friend of mine about God in hopes of helping him see the error of his ways, but he respectfully declined. He does not see homosexuality as a seen and was not going to change his ways simply because I felt it was a sin, according to him.

This worried me at first, but I just asked God to help him out and hopefully change. I was worried he would be angry at me, but he was fine with it and understood where I was coming from.

Anywho, I think as long as your respectful of the other person, then you should talk about God if it is within your will to do so. I gotta say do, I feel more and more like an alien everyday. This world, although beautiful in is own right, is not meant for us, at least how it is now.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:12 pm
we must be subtle...like christian ninjas! if you come out and blatantly accuse out nowhere, they'll write you off as a loon. be subtle in conversation - get to know them, and then "suggest" that they aren't as right as they think they are.

CHRISTIAN NINJAS UNITE!!!  

up13stories

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:56 pm
Talk about God, in every situation possible.

However, you have to consider that other person's point of view and be respectful and considerate.

Is what you're about to say going to annoy them, or make them admire you?
You should ask yourself that first.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:35 pm
Do not fear to speak of him but choose your situation wisely.Do not impose on others unless you find it absolutely necessary.As for "putting down" people then commit no such act.People are people and the forced knowledge is one most found to be rejected and inefficient,even if it is the only one people know of which unfortunately is very common.  

psychocat Inc

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:03 am
The best way, at least or me, is to get them to talk about what they believe. If you don't agree on the subject then say something like I see where you coming from but I believe this and this is why. If you agree on a subject then say you agree and throw in a Bible verse to support why you believe it. Thus planting the seed of salvation without them knowing it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:41 am
God commanded you to preach about Him, why wouldn't you do so?  

rosadria

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:51 pm
God gave us the authority to speak His word but not condemn. He also does not want us to protect His word or coat His word for they are True! If someone persecutes you for your love of the Lord my friend, be glad. If they strike the right side of the cheek, let them strike the left also. Not talking the work of God in secret is not being ashamed of Him. Because If you I say are ashamed of Him, He shall be ashamed of you also. Speaking openly, doing Gods work plants seeds. Seeds grow in time on Gods time. Let His will be done. Amen!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:01 am
Leaf: God has allowed me to teach on Gaia for example, so therefore it is always His will, never ours. We go by Gods timing in circumstances, which could lead to prayer, letting seeds grow in peoples hearts, blessings... Etc. We must always remember, He is above all Names. It is never our own will to let a person grow in faith. There are never musts, because accepting God and believing He sent His only Son who was slayed for our sins is a choice.  

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items