Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Hey there.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:34 am
So, I'm Zach. I've been on Gaia for about five and a half years. In that time I've mainly stuck around the music section of Gaia, primarily in the Metal forum. There I'm known as 'the progfag' or, that guy who likes Progressive Rock a whole lot.

Which I do. As well as Jazz and Blues, with a little Hip-Hop on the side.

Either way, I'm 21, going to be 22 in December.

Oh, and for any interested in what I listen to, the link to my last.fm is the Yes logo in my signature. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:46 am
Hi there! Welcome to the guild.  

Sephiroth_2000

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:49 am
Hey, thanks.

Oh, and I like your sig. It's true, fat people kick more a** than skinny people, that's why nobody bothers to kidnap 'em. dramallama

Either way, I figured I'd join the guild to contribute at least a little bit. I never joined this guild when I first started using Gaia, and I want people to end up better off than I was.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:41 am
Mhmm. I joined the guild for the same reason. When I first started Gaia, the GGN did not even exist, so help like this was limited to the Q&F Forum (now the Q&A).

Of course, back then, the site was just a forum and avatars. There were no games or comics, and only three stores. I suppose it was probably much easier to navigate. I dread to think how overwelming Gaia must be to new users now.  

Sephiroth_2000

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:40 am
So you've been around for about a year and a half longer than I have. Looks like you joined more or less right when operations were starting up. Nice.

Bet that must feel good to have all those items you bought for really cheap that skyrocketed in value as time went on. dramallama

I joined Gaia right as the Go-Gaia thing was ending.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:43 am
Ah, "Go-Gaia". That brings back memories. The site was so unstable when I first joined. It was not uncommon for Gaia to go down for days at a time, with no advanced warning from the Admins. Good times.

As for the items, I suppose I am grateful now that I got them when they first came out. It's not like I have any intension of selling them, but Donation Items (the old name for Monthly Collectables) sold in the Exchange (no Marketplace back then) for 2.5k or so.

Still, you've been on for quite some time. You must have seen your fair share of dramatic site changes.  

Sephiroth_2000

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:01 am
Not that I really care to remember them. xd

I do remember a time before the Gaia Cash Shop, when the marketplace was a good place and people became wealthy the old-fashioned way.

I'm not really much one for questing though. As you can tell I like to keep my avi simple. I've got my share of items but I never use them.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:16 am
I think the Cash Shop is the one addition to Gaia I can say I actually hate. I preferred when the only items people paid real money for were Donation Items, as that was used to keep Gaia running. The Cash Shop, on the other hand, is clearly for profit. But, I suppose that's due to a radical change in Gaia's leadership, rather than the Cash Shop itself.

But, I can hate the Cash Shop for one reason; it gets the majority of the new items. When was the last time there was a store update?  

Sephiroth_2000

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 am
Heh, couldn't tell you. I honestly don't pay attention to that stuff. razz  
☆ Introductions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out