Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[On Hold] Tomb of Horrors 4e (OPEN - 14 slots! 6-man!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 am
STORY

Many upon many years ago, a wizard whose name was lost to history tried to summon the balor Tarnhem. It didn't work, and in a common twist of fate, the balor devoured the inept magic-wielder and proceeded to force himself on one of the servant girls. Sheesh, balors thinking with their hormones ... The demon conceived a cambion child with this servant girl, her name also lost to history. She would try to raise the child while hiding his cambion heritage, a "gift" which allowed the child great intelligence and access to powers sorcerers can only dream about.

However, the child would find himself developing a massive psychological break. A group of villagers heard of the child's demonic heritage and sought out his mother, killing her. The child was rescued by Vecna, who raised the child as both an apprentice and comrade. Later in his life, the child became a man, seeking undeath and, eventually, demilichdom.

His tomb is legend. His name is hated. His name is Acererak.

HOUSERULES
  • Book restriction for classes, race, and attacks (next post)
  • 6-man game, however, up to 20 are allowed to apply
    • If you wish to back out mid-adventure, I will draw a new player and have them boost their character to the appropriate level.

• You are allowed to resurrect yourself if you die, but it will cost you one ability point, to be chosen by you. Please remember to update your sheet.
  • 4d6 time 9, use best 6 rolls. 22-point buy if that fails.
  • Lvl 10 start.
  • Backgrounds not necessary, but background bonuses are a good idea - please state bonus and background used in sheet
  • Myth-Weavers is the sheet I prefer. However, you can use other sites, BUT PLEASE LINK.
  • Level-appropriate gold for start (meaning 4200 GP). You will be allowed two magic items (one level 11 and one level 10) or non-magic (same levels) items outside of purchasing. Consumables are okay if you have leftover money.
    • New house rule, ONLY AVAILABLE AT CHARACTER CREATION - If you want to get a 3rd non-purchased item, you need to sacrifice an ability point.

• NO HYBRIDS.
  • 1 action point to start. Finishing blows for "bosses" will be awarded an extra action point. Available action point(s) will be reset after one day in-game.
  • CRITICAL FUMBLES are optional, primarily for story.
  • For the beginning of chapters, I will use a random number generator action to determine any essential environmental settings. This is kind of important ...
  • SHE-HULK RULE - I am a fan of breaking the fourth wall. I encourage any RPing involved to have fun with this, but follow your rolls and any leads I may give.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:04 am
Books to be used, in case there is confusion

By the players: Player's Handbook 1, 2, and 3; Player's Handbook Races - Tiefling and Dragonborn; Martial Power 1 and 2; Arcane, Divine, and Primal Power; Adventurer's Vault; Manual of the Planes. You're allowed access to Dragon for any errata or fixes, but not for character building or equipment held.

By your loving DM: The Core Books; Monster Manual 2; Adventurer's Vault; Manual of the Planes; Open Grave (Secrets of the Undead); any applicable issues of Dragon, if only for plot.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:29 pm
Our Courageous, If Not Foolhardy, Adventurers

1. Arjhan, a dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, which sounds quite redundant ... - played by Mackie the Knife
  2. Tim the Enchanter ... i mean human Summoner Wizard who knows how to make things explode - played by InfChaos
  3. Hulk Banners (otherwise known as Orilo), a goliath Wrathful Runepriest who needs a good-sized punching bag - played by Dion Necurat
  4. Belessunu, a shardmind Ardent Paladin in the service of Ioun - played by Arc Vembris
  5. Demvarwen Deadshot, an elven Double-Blade Ranger - played by MoC
  6. Eros Reese, a human Commanding Avenger under the service of Sehanine - played by Rain Yupa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:38 pm
You have my permission to build characters here. Thread is open.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE LEVEL 10 AND YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TWO ITEMS OUTSIDE OF PURCHASES.

I suggest doing 20d6 in your first post and 16d6 in the next.
I am new to DMing, so I will ask the players BE HONEST and self-audit for right now, explaining in-post as to why another character's sheet is off.

For post action dice roll, if you hold/press the TAB button for long enough, you'll manage to work around the glitch.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:38 pm
A level 10 campaign, and you're only allowed a single magic item with that money? Feel like I'm misunderstading.

And I suppose I'll consider applying, probably for a back up slot if others drop, after a work ends and I can nab a nap.  
Wrong Angles rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 5, 5, 4, 3, 6, 2, 5, 1, 2, 3, 1, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3 Total: 70 (20-120)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:43 pm
Right. Ok, rolling. mrgreen I'm willing to roll up whatever, if people start giving off ideas and whatnot.  

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:44 pm
Psychofish
A level 10 campaign, and you're only allowed a single magic item with that money? Feel like I'm misunderstading.

And I suppose I'll consider applying, probably for a back up slot if others drop, after a work ends and I can nab a nap.
You are. Only one auto-add was the original plan, but, considering how brutal this may be .... UPDATE.  
Wrong Angles rolled 16 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 2, 4, 4, 3, 2, 6, 6, 2, 1, 6, 4, 2, 2, 2 Total: 49 (16-96)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:45 pm
Other sixteen dice! Fully chosen stats will be below, edited into this post.

Final scores:

Ehhhh.... neutral That's surprisingly average... Mr. DM, do I keep these or see what else I can do elsewhere? A re-roll, perhaps, or something of the like? If not, then I can live with these, but in 4E, you really need at least one stat 15 and up pre-racially, y'know?  

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:51 pm
You're allowed 22 point-buy, as per the normal alternative.
(I was about to say your rolls sucked xP)  
Psychofish rolled 20 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 4, 2, 2, 5, 1, 3, 3, 5, 6, 3, 1, 6, 4, 1, 5, 3, 5, 2 Total: 68 (20-120)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:53 pm
Auto-add? So you mean starting gold and one magic item of what level? 10?

I think the 4e standard is starting gold of the cost of a magic item one level below your own level, a magic item one level below yours, one of your level, and one a level above you (except for level 1, which is just 100 gold). Dunno for sure, or if the changes were personal taste, or meant to make the game harder. I'm more noting as an "in case you didn't know" since you're a new GM than suggesting. 3nodding

Also, might as well start rolling.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 pm
The character builder calls adding items outside of purchasing "adding." To answer the question, if anyone was wondering what i meant, you can add two items outside of purchasing with coin.

That's what i meant. The change was to personal taste, but given what i have read, you may want two "adds."

and a copy of Tomb of Horrors 4e if you don't plan on playing this campaign. It's mean.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:00 pm
Ugh. I get to roll 4d6x9 and I end up with rolls like these. xp rofl I suppose I'll play 22 point buy then... unless I can come up with a really spiffy idea. Which, to be honest, I might.... these rolls might not be the worst in the world after all, if I stat wisely enough. We'll see on my sheet.  

Wrong Angles

Dapper Conversationalist

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:00 pm
Looking at the rolls - seems like a LOT of people may be using point-buy.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff