Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 8:: I have a thought!
GUILD PODCAST? :3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Podcast, youtube, or newsletter?
  YES! Podcast!
  YES! Youtube!
  YES! Keep the newsletter!
  No to all. (Beacuse I'm a Mr./Mrs./Ms. grumpy face today.
View Results

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:08 am
Hey guys! I was thinking of an idea!*durr, its in the I have an idea forum*
Anyway, I was thinking, rather than a guild monthly newsletter, we have a guild PODCAST! That's right, where we release once a month a guild newsletter with a few tips/tricks on how to help the earth, perhaps little green challenges(another mod made a suggestion similar to this, but I'll be darned if I can't find that post again!) and such for the month. And of course, the Main Course of the podcast would be where we feature the best thread(voted so) and we interview it's creator! We will discuss what their thread is about, what makes it so great(this is stuff to do with the planet and ingenious little ways to help it, or "I wish I thought of that!" type of things!)
I thought of this, solely because I am obsessed with podcasts, but thinking this over,this could be a sort of "Guild Stimulus Package". It'll get our little members buzzing to write and such to be a guest on the podcast! Not to mention, it will also help members to keep churning out quality work! Also, you can listen to podcasts online, we will post the RSS feed if you guys like the idea!

Here is my drawing of how I think we could set up selection: clicky?

The only thing I have no clue on is whether we will have the mods select the "best thread" or if the members vote on it. If the mods vote on it, it will be a surprise to all our lovely members, if you guys vote for it yourselves, you don't get the surprise factor, but then theres the anticipation! Comment your opinions on that!

I know most of us are busy, but perhaps we could make as a guild a monthly podcast? Like have the mods take one amazing topic a member posts do a podcast on it! biggrin

We could even have the thread creator discuss it!

It could get more people posting because they wanna be in a podcast, and posting quality stuffs! :3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:28 am
This is actually a good Idea, and also very original. I'm not sure any other guilds are doing that.  

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:45 am
biggrin
and if more people are like me(as in able to listen to podcasts while at work) it could encourage them to wanna get involved at their work and at least start up a recycle bin(which my work is already on top of lol)

The question is, should we make it a normal old posting on here(like an audio version of a guild newsletter) or should we set up an RSS feed and make it available on itunes?

It's up to you if the guld even goes through with it through, you're the captain/boss/top guy. :3

Another idea is to send individual letters to active members, heck we could even set it up so each mod has a certain list of members to mail out a PM to) to let them know. Gaia's feed for new guild announcements confuses me. @_@  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:26 am
Okay, I understood about half of that.

I had a thought though, instead of Podcast, how about a youtube channel? With all of the mods? Like, all the mods would know the password, and we can all upload videos. Or, at least those of us who are comfortable posting our pretty faces on the interweb.  

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 pm
Complete_Spazz
Okay, I understood about half of that.

I had a thought though, instead of Podcast, how about a youtube channel? With all of the mods? Like, all the mods would know the password, and we can all upload videos. Or, at least those of us who are comfortable posting our pretty faces on the interweb.

That would be awesome, but I don't think all of us have a digital recorder other than cellphones. I have an extra mic if anyone wants one through! But a youtube channel sounds awesome too! We could totally post how-tos on it! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:28 am
I like the Youtube idea and the Podcast thingy. The PM thing is easier, but it's not as creative..

I've never actually uploaded a video onto my computer, much less from my computer onto Youtube. So a how-to thread would be extremely helpful if we actually follow through on the Youtube idea. I do have a video recorder though, so I could use that. I'm not really sure about posting my face all over the Web, I'll have to think about that. I don't know how to upload podcasts either... wow, I feel totally computer-illiterate right now. sweatdrop

Anyway, I guess I'm more of a fan for the Youtube Channel than the Podcasts because not everyone on the guild has an Ipod, but everyone on the guild does have internet access. Plus my Ipod only has about 0.5 gig left.

Stars Flying
Vice Captain

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:17 pm
Stars Flying
I like the Youtube idea and the Podcast thingy. The PM thing is easier, but it's not as creative..

I've never actually uploaded a video onto my computer, much less from my computer onto Youtube. So a how-to thread would be extremely helpful if we actually follow through on the Youtube idea. I do have a video recorder though, so I could use that. I'm not really sure about posting my face all over the Web, I'll have to think about that. I don't know how to upload podcasts either... wow, I feel totally computer-illiterate right now. sweatdrop

Anyway, I guess I'm more of a fan for the Youtube Channel than the Podcasts because not everyone on the guild has an Ipod, but everyone on the guild does have internet access. Plus my Ipod only has about 0.5 gig left.

A) You have too much stuff on your Ipod.

B) A am, in LOVE with the youtub idea, and I'm not so sure on how to make a podcast

C) I need a hug.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:34 am
Complete_Spazz
Stars Flying

A) You have too much stuff on your Ipod.

B) A am, in LOVE with the youtub idea, and I'm not so sure on how to make a podcast

C) I need a hug.

*hugs*
Well we could post the RSS feed, so even those w/o an ipod can listen on their computer, or download the MP3 and put it on whatever music player they happen to own. smile
(and google owns youtube, i don't trust google anymore since their deal with the CIA >_>)
I am planning on making a cycling podcast myself, but a lot of people do multi-people podcasts via skype(and set up a call recorder that way)

I DO enjoy the idea of a youtube channel, but the thing is, how would we get recordings of ourselves when we don't all own video recorders? I could personally jigrig something up with my laptop, but if our members have a wondrous idea, how would they be able to submit w/o a recorder of some kind? :/  

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:24 pm
Anyone with a web cam, or a laptop with a camera, or a camera phone, or an mp3 player with a camera, or just a plain old camera can upload it, then send it to me an I can edit and make it into one big happy youtube show. ORRR, if none of those is an option, you can wright about your topic and mail it to me, so I can talk about it. I'm so cool. cool  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:16 pm
touche. Not too many people don't have cellphones anymore. Mine dosent record videos, but i have a webcam xD  

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:07 pm
W00t. I vote youtube.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:12 pm
Complete_Spazz
W00t. I vote youtube.

Yes.  

Stars Flying
Vice Captain

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:27 pm
Stars Flying
Complete_Spazz
W00t. I vote youtube.

Yes.

Win.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:11 pm
Ahhh You're winning! D: xD
You should send out a guild announcement(I don't think i can) as an announcement to our members. If you want, I'll give you the gold for it. smile  

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:31 am
Sakakikala
Ahhh You're winning! D: xD
You should send out a guild announcement(I don't think i can) as an announcement to our members. If you want, I'll give you the gold for it. smile

You are NOT allowed to send out guild announcements. Just being clear on that.  
8:: I have a thought!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff