Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Any Ideas for avatar clothing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jake0109

4,200 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:23 pm
I dont know any good avatar looks but i have one in mind because i dont just wanna be holding a puppy all the time mrgreen But this is one User Image Can someone else give me an idea?
And theres like no chance ill get this avatar look xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:55 pm

Topic moved.

Main Forum > Chatterbox.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Woutan Kuunsuru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm
Well, I'd advise you to get rid of those starter clothes as soon as possible. They make almost any avatars look noobish. (although I'm using a Warm Starter Ninja Shirt right now... ^-^; wink

Try browsing around the standard Gaia shops and equipping cheap stuff from there. When you gather enough gold, buy special items from the marketplace.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:26 pm
Yup,starter kits are no cool.I would go around the marketplace and look at the offers that are close to end for some nice bargains.  

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:36 pm
Starter clothing is okay if you use a couple pieces with other items. A whole set of starter clothing does label you right off the bat as a newbie. There's nothing wrong with being a newbie, but some people are rude to newbies.

Even if you got that avatar in your first post, people would still call it a nooby look. Wearing an outfit made up mostly of poses from one item is looked down upon. It's seen as being uncreative.

It'd be better if you used one or two of your favorite poses from the Inari's beads. Then, fill in the rest of the space with other black and blue items. The avatar will look better that way. And heck, it could also be cheaper. :}

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games