Submit

Rules?
  Heck yes.
View Results

Kai [In j00r pants]
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:09 pm
User Image

Okay so here are a couple of rules that may need to be followed. Not too many rules, but just some.
If rules aren't obeyed by members it may result as a ban from the guild, but of course we first give a warning, then it's a ban.

Threads (Allowed):

-Discussion Threads
-Quest Threads
-Charity Threads
-Random Threads
-Anything not n00bish.

Threads (Not Allowed):

Bored Threads, try not to make any of those bored threads, if you're bored, then just try to find something fun to do, but don't make any threads saying your bored.

Hunting/Sex, please none of those girls hunting guys, and guys hunting girls threads, they aren't cool. Also no sex threads, those just aren't wanted in this guild.

No advertising threads.

And NO BUMPING. You can post a funny picture or something interesting for people to look at, just anything thats more attractive and exciting then the word "bump".

ALL threads must have a poll.

Literacy Rules:
1.) Always capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence.
2.) Always use correct punctuation. This means place comma's, apostrophes, periods, etc. wherever needed.
3.) Always capitalize the 'i' when it is used as a word (ex: I went to the doctor.).
4.) Always go back and look at your post to make sure you spelled everything right and used correct grammar.
5.) There, their, and they're have different meanings. Learn them and use the correct for when necessary. Also with your and you're and so on and so forth.

So, this is what would be correct:

I went to the doctor's office yesterday to get a shot. It didn't hurt that much, but I definately thought it stung a little!

What is incorrect:

i went 2 the doctors 2day 2 get a shot. it didnt hurt tha much but i thought it definetlyy stung a little

You must use correct literacy all of the time.

Threads about literacy, complaining about literacy rules, or arguing about the literacy rules are not allowed.

Grammar:
Okay, grammar is good, if you know how to use it then use it. This is a literate guild, but if you don't know how to spell a thing or two it's okay (dictionaries = useful though). That's why I have my mods, so that they can fix posts and delete inappropriate posts.

NO Cybering:
This is part of the sex threads that aren't allowed, but if you're so desperate and just have to do it then do it over PM's but not in this guild.

No Flaming:
Please no flaming, flaming may cause a automatic ban from the guild. Also don't flame me over PM's or I'll just add you to the ignore list, and it's as easy as that.

Discrimination:
There shall be aboslutely NO discrimination against race, country, gender, sexuallity or anything of the sort WHAT SO EVER. We have already had so many fights about stupid things like this, and we have lost members for it. So none of this AT ALL.

Gaia Rules & TOS:
Yeah, follow them, you don't want to get in trouble by gaia. It's harsh. So just follow all the gaia rules, and the Terms of Service.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:10 pm
User Image

Threads:

For the crew, your guys job is to make sure all threads in this guild aren't against the thread rules and all the other rules. If you want to make a thread a sticky, then you must ask me first. If you see a thread as offensive or breaking the rules, then use your judgment to handle the situation.

Requests:

If any of you find any people in the request listing just invite them. But not just like that. Make sure they have the correct form is there and everything is answered, and if not just decline them. If somebody requests and is already a member of this guild but wants their mule to join, just make sure they have their main account name in the request.

Deleting:

If your going to delete someones thread please ask me first if you can. The only way that you can delete a thread/post is if I'm gone and the person is flaming and doing all sorts of bad stuff. If some threads are getting out of hand don't delete them, just lock them so that the thread dies. This is a spam guild so you know, they can spam.

Banning:

I know many of you want to get rid of some of the members that don't post. But if your going to ban a user first PM her/him and tell them or ask them if they're ever going to post in the guild, and if they say no, or if they just don't feel like posting in the guild, just ban them. It's as easy as that.

Polls:

Please try to make sure that every thread in this guild has a poll. Everyone likes polls, so if the person doesn't have a poll just add anything you feel like adding to the poll. But don't add something bad or anything. Just like "You forgot the Poll" or something like that. So yeah, just make sure every thread has a poll.  

Kai [In j00r pants]
Captain

The OLD Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces