Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
i need help learning japanese!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miyuki The Fierce Kitty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:45 pm
i need help learning japanese! someone help me! i learn then forget very quickly. help?
i dont know how to do anything in japanese. lol. i cant read/write it. i can only speak a little of it. pm me because it doesnt tell me when sum1 posts in my post.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:53 pm
XxXMiyuki_pikachXxX
i need help learning japanese! someone help me! i learn then forget very quickly. help?

There are a lot of websites that can help you out.  

Meriru

Astrl Alchmst

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 pm
umm i just went to japan.
LEARN YOUR KANJI FIRST!!
the train stations use kanji and barely any hiragana.
learn to listen carefully to what the say.
listen to lots of dialouges when you sleep to familiarize yourself with the conversational.
i know even though i know some japanese i was completely lost in japan.
so just learn your kanji and the vocab associated with it.
i also saw a lot (i mean a alot) of katakana.
my katakana sucked before i went but it got super better when i got there.
so keep in mind kanji and katakana.
hiragana is useless if you dont know the words behind them  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:55 pm
Honestly it doesn't matter if you learn hiragana & katakana first before kanji. I'm going the kana route though first & then moving on to kanji. & hiragana is actually useful if you forget how to write the kanji form of a word. You can instead write it out in hiragana. Katakana will be extremely useful too because a lot of things in Japan are labeled in katakana. It's sometimes difficult to interpret what the word is though.

A reason why you might forget what you've learned is because you're not being repetitive with your studying. If you're doing self-study, like me, then repetition is a MUST. That's how it is with learning a language. You have to practice & practice & practice. You don't just memorize words & translate them. You have to understand it. I learned how to write & read at the same time & it's helping out a lot. I also read Japanese little childrens' books because they're written out in hiragana. Not only that, I study Japanese for three hours a day because I really, really want to learn how to speak the language.

Like I said, you need to be repetitious. If you are being repetitious, then maybe you just need to change up how you study.

I find the website http://www.JpPlaza.com to be extremely helpful because you can download lots of books for free from there & study offline if you have to. All you need is Adobe & you're good to go.

Hope that helps =]!!!  

blasted by bubbles

Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces