Welcome to Gaia! ::

Skip Beat Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

Plain and simple, this is a guild for Skip Beat fans! 

Tags: SkipBeat, Manga, Kyoko, Anime, Reino 

Reply Skip Beat Fan Guild
All good things must come to an end... [UPDATE] Petition!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rena9b

5,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:37 am

It seems that the site onemanga.com is going to be shutting down. You can go to the front page of the site or to the forums to see the announcement yourself but it is as such...

Zabi on the main page of onemanga

It pains me to announce that this is the last week of manga reading on One Manga (!!). Manga publishers have recently changed their stance on manga scanlations and made it clear that they no longer approve of it. We have decided to abide by their wishes, and remove all manga content (regardless of licensing status) from the site. The removal of content will happen gradually (so you can at least finish some of the outstanding reading you have), but we expect all content to be gone by early next week (RIP OM July '10).

So what next? We're not really sure at this point, but we have some ideas we would like to try out. Until then, the One Manga forums will remain active and we encourage all of you to continue using them. OMF has developed into a great community and it would be a shame to see that disappear.

Regardless of whether you stay with us or not, on behalf of the One Manga team, I would like to thank you all for your unwavering support over the years. Through the ups and downs you have stuck with us, and that is what kept us going.

As a certain Porky was fond of saying... That's all folks!

Time for me to go lay down and let this all sink in.

- Zabi

I for one am feeling rather depressed. Onemanga was one of the sites I actually trusted enough to stay there for hours on end (mangafox always seems to give me some kind of virus) and they seemed to care about the users by always striving to get rid of annoying ads. I'm going to really miss them. If anyone else wants to direct us to another online manga reading site please feel free to.

UPDATE

EvFaerAshlynn
A close friend of mine started a petition to ask anime/manga publishers not to shut down fan translation sites like Onemanga. I, too, was shocked and saddened by the news of Onemanga's end. Please sign this!! It may help save other sites if it moves fast enough. (And get your friends involved too!!!)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:07 am
well i dont know how itll affect your guy's computers. it was sometimes pretty slow on mine even thought i have window 7. but right now its the only one i know of.

manga123.com

then again, theres

mangavolume.com

but i havent been on that one for a while.  

ninjaclimbs

Lady Haruhi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:21 am
This is awful.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:47 am
its sad not even mangafox has skip beat anymore and i want to know what is going to happen oh well i'll just have to buy the manga in order to find out scream gonk stressed  

Ryuk the reaper

Meganekko Mari-chan

6,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 pm
i use mangareader but their starting to piss me off... i really miss onemanga...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:38 pm
I was so angry and depressed about this. One Manga was the main site I used to read manga. So sad. Now I can't read manga anymore. I literally couldn't do hw for awhile after I heard this news. scream crying  

adammanne

Dangerous Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rena9b

5,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:31 am
I've recently found a site called cloudmanga.com that I really like a lot. It reminds me of onemanga <3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:50 pm
Rena9b
I've recently found a site called cloudmanga.com that I really like a lot. It reminds me of onemanga <3

Cool. Now I have a site I can read manga again on. Thank you.  

adammanne

Dangerous Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Skip Beat Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items