Reply SCA Guild
Dancers and Prancers unite! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistress_Pooky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:31 am
Are there any other dancers in the group? I am a big fan of dance. When I go to events, it is what I look forward to. I started out just dancing for fun. Then, I got recruited to compete in an A&S event. Then, before I moved, I was teaching dance classes and helping to organize dances at events. I usually teach English Country, but I do love a good Italian dance when done with the right people. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:51 am
I looove dancing! Basically every SCA dance I've ever encountered has been loads and loads of fun, and since I took formal dancing lessons (ballet, modern, and jazz) from the age of 4 until the age of 17, I'm not too bad at it. smile Sadly, my lord doesn't dance, but usually there are people who aren't paired up that I can dance with.  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Mooshakes

4,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:32 pm
I love bellydancing but I'm still too shy to do it.

Unfortunately that's the only kind of dancing I ever see at the events I go to (mostly dagohir) and it's usualy pretty bad. sad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:38 pm
@llelwyn: I'm glad you've enjoyed it! What type of dance (English Country, Italian, etc) do you enjoy most? Sorry to hear your lord won't dance. sweatdrop Any way you can try to convince him? wink

@Moonshakes: My area didn't do much bellydancing, but one person was starting to teaching around the time I left. I have noticed that it is either done really well or really poorly. But, it's a great workout!!  

Mistress_Pooky

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:31 pm
I love dance! It's my secondary activity, after rapier. I'm not a big fan of Italian dances, because I have a tendency to trip over my own feet, but other than that they're all great! I couldn't pick one style that I liked the most, really.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:38 pm
I love dancing. I tend to like Italian dances better (even though I trip on my own feet), mostly because I am Italian. But I enjoy any type of dancing I can get.  

Reijin-chan

Valynn

1,100 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:24 pm
Dancing is too fun! I'm not sure if the lord I'm dating dances as of yet. I'm gonna try and get him to dance with me at MSR(Medieval Scenarios and Recreations) St. Valentine's Day Revel  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:37 am
I do belly dancing in my shire. I even got the belly to do it with wink AND my lord does dance, just not belly dancing whee  

Styx Chick

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:53 am
I was at a Caidan dance just last night. I could count on one hand the dances I missed durring the 12-hour ball. My legs are killing me, but I have fighters in half an hour.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:30 pm
squire to fools
I was at a Caidan dance just last night. I could count on one hand the dances I missed durring the 12-hour ball. My legs are killing me, but I have fighters in half an hour.

Dancing is a great workout, isn't it? It really gets your heart moving. Many dance steps, especially in Italian, require a lot of hopping, skipping, and tip-toeing; great calf exercises!  

Mistress_Pooky

Orzhov dark scion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:59 am
Mistress_Pooky
Are there any other dancers in the group? I am a big fan of dance. When I go to events, it is what I look forward to. I started out just dancing for fun. Then, I got recruited to compete in an A&S event. Then, before I moved, I was teaching dance classes and helping to organize dances at events. I usually teach English Country, but I do love a good Italian dance when done with the right people. wink

i love to watch dancing, it is an art i do not have  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:47 am
Dancing? Well I started belly dancing when I was 10......... I can also play the dumbek......  

ticket

Aged Regular

5,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:54 am
My favorite dance is the Koracushka*

*I can spell it this way because in-period uniformity of spelling had not yet developed. Well past the Elizabethan period, people still spelled things however it best suited them  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:15 pm
I want to learn bellydancing, but, can't find a teacher.  

ShadowDruid

[Atropa Belladonna]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:24 pm
Heart's Ease and the Korabushka are my favorites. A friend of mine gets all excited because the Korabushka is done to the tetris theme song.

Posties is great too, but I can never remember the whole thing. I get lost.

Has anyone danced the Brawl Official or "Toss the Duchess"? Great fun!  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff