Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
Lolitas At School Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you do anything special to get ready for school?
  Yes!
  Nope, nothing special
  I didn't, but now I'm thinking about it~
  I don't go to school C:
View Results

The World Within

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 pm
I know there were some post a while back on both Lolita Charm and Aesthetic Lolita on the subject
So if anyone can find them for me, I would very much appreciate it, as. . . I can't.

But

I decided SCREW the year off, I need to go back to school.
So I'll be starting college courses in the spring and maybe the fall.
So I was wondering: How do you as a lolita prepare for school?

Do you get cute book covers? Paper?
Do you buy whole new dresses and wear them proud on the first day, like everyone did when they were little? C:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:19 pm
I only wore lolita to days where I had exams, and nothing else, to be honest. So it was rare. I'd insert bits and pieces into regular outfits [hairbows, cute blouses and cutsews with jeans, etc.], but I rarely went all out.

I studied fine arts, however, which meant that I was in studio-based classes on a nearly daily basis, so it wasn't really a good idea to bring the precious few articles of lolita I did have into the classroom. If your major isn't nearly so dangerous to clothing [I ruined several pairs of jeans and more t-shirts than I care to count with clay, printing ink and pastels D: ], then go for it and go all out.

Do what makes you happy, if that means just dressing up, or going all out. :p

spuntino
Crew

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:02 am
I have like... 3 opinions on this. XD

#1 - High school - NO. I wore lolita once to high school and got called a "stripper maid". My friends didn't care they were used to me wearing weird things, but anyone who was out of my circle just laughed and wouldn't even let me explain myself. Though granted I was wearing a REALLY old crappy short Bodyline OP with cruddy lace. -_-

#2 - College - Yes/Maybe. I wore lolita a lot to college, people are a lot more open and caring in college... or they just don't care anymore to make fun of you. All my classes were art classes and photography classes. ^_^ I also wore more guro, punk and gothic lolita.

#3 - I don't go to school anymore. ^_^ I wear lolita whenever I want and some adults think its cool. Old people like my shoes and my modesty.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:21 pm
spuntino
I only wore lolita to days where I had exams, and nothing else, to be honest. So it was rare. I'd insert bits and pieces into regular outfits [hairbows, cute blouses and cutsews with jeans, etc.], but I rarely went all out.

I studied fine arts, however, which meant that I was in studio-based classes on a nearly daily basis, so it wasn't really a good idea to bring the precious few articles of lolita I did have into the classroom. If your major isn't nearly so dangerous to clothing [I ruined several pairs of jeans and more t-shirts than I care to count with clay, printing ink and pastels D: ], then go for it and go all out.

Do what makes you happy, if that means just dressing up, or going all out. :p

Ohhh dear D:

I'll probably take an art class, but it'll probably be just drawing.
I love to draw, so pencil is my best medium.
Not very dangerous to my dressies. :3

Besides, I think a lolita with a sketchbook balanced on her poof and pencil in hand is adorable xD

But aside from that, I do intend to go all out when I wear it.
As I don't have much (yet! haha!) to wear in the way of lolita (2 jsks and 3 skirts and 2 blouses) I don't think I could wear it every day.
Maybe save it for a special day? :3

The World Within

The World Within

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:23 pm
Alpha Drug
I have like... 3 opinions on this. XD

#1 - High school - NO. I wore lolita once to high school and got called a "stripper maid". My friends didn't care they were used to me wearing weird things, but anyone who was out of my circle just laughed and wouldn't even let me explain myself. Though granted I was wearing a REALLY old crappy short Bodyline OP with cruddy lace. -_-

#2 - College - Yes/Maybe. I wore lolita a lot to college, people are a lot more open and caring in college... or they just don't care anymore to make fun of you. All my classes were art classes and photography classes. ^_^ I also wore more guro, punk and gothic lolita.

#3 - I don't go to school anymore. ^_^ I wear lolita whenever I want and some adults think its cool. Old people like my shoes and my modesty.

Hahah I wore lolita to high school all the time. Maybe twice a week.
People knew not to mess with me, so I never got anything for it.

College will be when I stop putting limits on what I wear and toning it down.
OTT plz :3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:27 pm
The World Within

Ohhh dear D:

Besides, I think a lolita with a sketchbook balanced on her poof and pencil in hand is adorable xD

As I don't have much (yet! haha!) to wear in the way of lolita (2 jsks and 3 skirts and 2 blouses) I don't think I could wear it every day.

Beware. Most fundamentals drawing courses [drawing I through III usually] will use more than just pencils. Charcoal and pastel are typical, since they're looser and allow for faster sketching from observation. Aside from that, though, go for it. It's college. People are expected to experiment and go wild. I certainly wasn't the most colorfully dressed person on campus, even when I did wear lolita. ;p

spuntino
Crew

The World Within

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 pm
spuntino
The World Within

Ohhh dear D:

Beware. Most fundamentals drawing courses [drawing I through III usually] will use more than just pencils. Charcoal and pastel are typical, since they're looser and allow for faster sketching from observation. Aside from that, though, go for it. It's college. People are expected to experiment and go wild. I certainly wasn't the most colorfully dressed person on campus, even when I did wear lolita. ;p

I forgot about that.
In my advanced drawing class last year we used all sorts.
Maybe an illustration class? Are they a bit. . .cleaner?

And it's just a community college.
I don't think I'll find anyone crazier than me, honestly. xD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:38 am
I wore lolita every single day when i was in high school.

Im not curently attending a college but mabye when i do it would be fun to lolita it up everyday again.

The only complaint is that it is harder to fit into those desks if you have a large petticoat.  

tsuki_totoro

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:41 am
The World Within
spuntino
The World Within

Ohhh dear D:

I forgot about that.

It depends. My illustration class focused a lot on ink, watercolor and gouache because those are the things that my professor specialized in. I would imagine it depends on the instructor. So. Find out the first few days of class the level of danger you're facing. If necessary, you could always wear a large smock or apron. That'd probably keep your clothes safe. I did that for printmaking, though, and still ruined things. XD;;

Printmaking is a messy art.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:57 am
Lolita was a bozo no no in high school, was not going to walk home alone a walking target, but I did do cute book covers, binder decorations (the ones that have that clear plastic that you can slip a decorated page or photos inside) locker decoration (cover locker in paper and paste cut outs, pics, class year, etc) and cute backpacks.

For college, I usually only did lolita on fridays, even now at work, I suppose because people were more open to being more festive on fridays. For messy art classes, offbrand, washable cotton, and a hello kitty apron. Practical and cute. (But your sh*t will get destroyed eventually. don't wear your fav dress)

Currently, desk at work has cute pens and more pokemon magnets and purikura than is age appropriate and I still do lolita fridays.  

A Doll Named Mouse

cagalli1543

7,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:52 pm
I had to wear a uniform for highschool otherwise I would have worn lolita.

For college I wear it whenever I have time to get ready in the morning and it's not to cold or to hot.

I also wear it a lot to work. People seem to get upset when I don't wear it. They're all like where's your dress? You looked so cute the other day. Some people even say they come just to see what I'll be wearing. Yet others think I'm some freak who thinks I'm Alice in Wonderland. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:38 pm
spuntino
The World Within
spuntino
The World Within

Ohhh dear D:

I forgot about that.

It depends. My illustration class focused a lot on ink, watercolor and gouache because those are the things that my professor specialized in. I would imagine it depends on the instructor. So. Find out the first few days of class the level of danger you're facing. If necessary, you could always wear a large smock or apron. That'd probably keep your clothes safe. I did that for printmaking, though, and still ruined things. XD;;

Printmaking is a messy art.

Hahah but it's so much fun! x3
I really like drawing and painting myself.
I don't imagine the professor will be like "OKAY EVERYONE THROW PAINT AT EACH OTHER. . . ER. . . CREATIVELY!" on the first day of school (or I hope ever) so I feel safe xD

The World Within

The World Within

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:39 pm
cagalli1543
I had to wear a uniform for highschool otherwise I would have worn lolita.

For college I wear it whenever I have time to get ready in the morning and it's not to cold or to hot.

I also wear it a lot to work. People seem to get upset when I don't wear it. They're all like where's your dress? You looked so cute the other day. Some people even say they come just to see what I'll be wearing. Yet others think I'm some freak who thinks I'm Alice in Wonderland. lol

My only sweet dress is Sweet Ribbon by AP.
So I get called Strawberry Shortcake! :3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:44 pm
A Doll Named Mouse
Lolita was a bozo no no in high school, was not going to walk home alone a walking target, but I did do cute book covers, binder decorations (the ones that have that clear plastic that you can slip a decorated page or photos inside) locker decoration (cover locker in paper and paste cut outs, pics, class year, etc) and cute backpacks.

For college, I usually only did lolita on fridays, even now at work, I suppose because people were more open to being more festive on fridays. For messy art classes, offbrand, washable cotton, and a hello kitty apron. Practical and cute. (But your sh*t will get destroyed eventually. don't wear your fav dress)

Currently, desk at work has cute pens and more pokemon magnets and purikura than is age appropriate and I still do lolita fridays.

I'm glad my town isn't so much like that.
Or maybe it is, but I don't go out enough to know, I guess. XD

*GASP* I want a HK apron! :3

I want me some pocket monstuhs on whatever locker I am allowed xD

The World Within

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:58 pm
Well I m still in high school and I wear my lolita to school ever so often...esepecailly now that I got some actaul lolita clothes...not really but anyway...I maintain the lolita behavior unlike those annoying anime kids that say they do... I get cutesy notebooks and bags and be careful with the pencil... I had the most adorable sweet lolita outfit... I totally changed one of my classic into sweet but while changing classes the lead on my drawing got all over my baby pnk blouse and still hasn't come out  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff