Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
RP Notes-- Revival of Medallions (Suspended)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:11 am
A while back, I started an RP called "Secret of the Medallions." While it didn't survive, I'm going to try to revive it. It won't be here, it'll be in IRC, but the notes will be put here for easy access.

It's not starting yet, but it will be sometime soon. A few notes for people to take into consideration:

Obviously, you must be able to get on IRC to participate.

You don't show up when a session starts, you don't RP. Simple as that. Show up later, and I may work you in, depending on how flexible I've left the story.

For those of you that were in the old RP, you may NOT use your old character. VERY few exceptions will be taken here, contact me if you have a question regarding this part.

This will be a multi session RP. I have a plot that I want to complete, but the characters will be doing a lot of "mission RPs". By this, I mean a bunch of little stories that are related to the main plot. These may last 1-2 sessions.

More info to follow, I'm working on setting up right now. Please do NOT post here.

EDIT: Can't focus on this right now, I have too much going on. Trying to get my house cleaned, mod duties in another guild, trying to learn a new tabletop RP system... do you really need more excuses? At any rate, Every time I try to think about this RP, my mind strays to something else or I just hit a mental wall.

I'm going to mess around with my Serenity RPG system a bit, then try coming back to this at a later time when I can think up better material for it. Sorry for the delay, but... trying to RP something where the GM fails miserably... well, you all remember my first run on Medallions. I don't want that to happen again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:13 am
The story

The year is 2257. Earth, now peaceful, is a utopia. No disease, no fighting. Human life is perfected, everyone is happy.

Though peaceful, the countries still ruled themselves. Some were more paranoid than others, and began secretly training some people in the ways of combat, usually from a very young age. These people would defend their country, if ever a time came for war.

The coming of age test for these men and women was a simple concept: The day they were capable of defeating their teacher in battle, they were awarded a medallion to symbolize their passage to adulthood. The test could be taken any time they chose, and could only be tried once a year.

The medallions themselves were ancient relics. No one has successfully duplicated one, nor been able to make a new one from scratch. They have mysterious powers, and these powers are directly tied to the medallions themselves. No medallion, no power. The medallions are engraved with a single word that describes their power. (For example, a medallion that gave its wielder elemental control over fire would be engraved with the word "Fire")

Though the story starts before all this, a great war does eventually break out, and the medallion wielders are blamed for it and shunned. Having no where else to turn, they stayed together and formed their own group of outcasts.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200