Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
~ How to change font!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nadira Szpirglas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:59 pm
~ Here's some advice for when you don't see a color/size changer, when you sending or typing some thing on Gaia.

~Color: To Change the color of your font you have to choose a color. click here... http://www.w3schools.com/Html/html_colornames.asp . when you go to this site you choose a Color or an HTML number. ( I would use the HTML number because it's more likely to work!). Once you have the Color or your HTML code you use it in your writing! An example? Well... here: At the start you have to put the strait parenthesize < [ ] >. you need to place the color inside < >.(you ALWAYS have to put the score sign < # >.) In my case i choose : . At the end of all you writing you have to finish it off. Example: that was the starting. and now the end...

~ Size: To change the size, you practically the same as changing the color! Example:
then you type...

~ BOLD : you put a " b " in between " [ ] " like so... ... then...

~ underline : you have to put a "u" inside "[ ]" ( ) and then ( )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:58 pm
HTML number? I think you mean hex codes. Hex codes are used for much more than HTML. Anyone who uses photoshop can tell you that. When used in the color context, the first 2 digits of the hex represent red levels, the 3rd and 4th represent the green levels, and the last 2 represent the blue levels. Now the thing about hex codes is that they have 256 different combinations for every 2 digits stemming from 00-FF. This means that if you were to take a constant gradient of clear-red per se, the spectrum of tones of red would be the equivalent of cutting the gradient canvas into 256 equal sized parts. This applies to green and blue as well. It is through the mixing of these different levels that give you all the possible colors of hex codes. That's how I can deduce without testing that the color you were trying to use with your hex code is some kind of sky blue (maximum blue and relatively high green makes it a bright, blue-dominant teal aka sky blue). Basically what I'm saying is that if you're not going to do things the simplest way, it's better to learn how it works so you don't have to make so many references which can really waste a lot of time going back and forth to do.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items