Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
zOMG mistake - no rings (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purplehez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:33 pm
OK, so I made a silly n00b mistake on zOMG. I salvaged my one and only ring (Guns Guns Guns), thinking that to salvage a ring probably meant to salvage some OTHER ring and have it replace the one you had. Yep, should have actually read the instructions. redface

So now what do I do? Obviously, without a ring, I can't kill Animated in the hope of getting another ring as a drop. And with less than 4000 gold it's going to be a l-o-n-g time before I can buy one in the marketplace - the lowest priced Guns Guns Guns ring is 237000!

Is there a quick way to make that amount of gold? Obviously NOT by playing zOMG! rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:07 pm
You have a few options.

One: Find a friend nice enough to let you party with them. With no rings, you can't attack enemies. However, your friend can. You'd want your friend to use buffs that increase your luck, then you'd follow your friend around and hope you get rings as a drop.
Yeahhhh... that would probably take longer than buying a new ring.

Two: It's not necessary that you have a gunsx3 ring to complete your quests. You just need an attack ring in general. Eventually, you'll obtain another gunsx3 ring as a random drop.
Looking through the marketplace, Hornet's Nest is currently the cheapest attack ring at 57k. It's weak and annoying though.
Hot Foot is 64k. It's an okay ring, but it attacks by Damage over Time.
Bump is 65k. I think you should opt for that one. It's a close range ring and will knock your enemies away from you. However, it has a decent attack. You'd at least be able to complete your first few tasks and then choose a new ring after that.
(I recommend getting a healing ring as your second ring. Then after that, if you reallly realllly really miss gunsx3, get it. Another one will eventually drop at random though.)

So, you really only need about 65k ish. :3
As to gold, your best bet will be by playing Booty Grab. You'll earn an average of 1k per minute, so it'll probably take you about an hour and a half to earn the 65k. If you have a fast computer, it might not even take you that long.

To play BG:

*editing*  

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:17 pm
<.<; Okay, I was just going to post that and edit in the instructions on how to play Booty Grab (BG) but the "edit post" button is missing at the moment. u .u;

1. Click on the Gaia Aquarium forum:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/f.393/

2. Click on any thread with a name that has the word "Glow" or "Glowing" in the title.

3. There will be aquariums located in people's signatures. One of the first few aquariums is likely to be "glowing." Click on any tank that says something like, "click to play booty grab"

4. A game will open in a new pop up window. You have about one minute to move your person side to side and collect as much coins as possible. Wait for the timer to run out. Wait for the game to save, close the pop up.

5. Search the main forum for more glow threads and tanks until you have the amount of gold you want.

It's boring, but it'll probably be the fastest and easiest way to earn the amount of gold you need. There's a small bit of strategy to the BG games, but not much. You'll see the pattern as you play them. Avoid power downs and hit the power ups to gather more gold per game. Tanks with dolphins, water meats, lawn sharks, wolves, (and more) will give you the most gold. Tanks with common fish like cuttle fish and hermit crabs will get you much less possible gold.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:34 pm
Thanks so much for your help. heart heart

I'll get looking for glowing aquariums! smile  

purplehez

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out