Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Now that its over with...what is gunna happen?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think is gonna happen?
  Nothing, Gaia is waisting there time
  this will lower prices!
  prices will get higher!
  potatos? oWo
View Results

EvilsUFO

Alien Red-Shirt

17,325 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 am
Are Things going to get cheaper? Please tell me they will!! Because I mean seriously...I want to know the science of this so called 'Deflation' We are going to be receiving!

I kinda want to know how this is gonna work but my guess is

"People will start realizing gold is not easy to get anymore so they start lowering prices...??"

To me that just means they'll start buying more cash cards.

Being a woman of deep thinking, And terrible at economics...What exactly is going to happen?

I mean if you haven't realized prices have been extremely unrealistic. 8mill for a scarf....or 10 mil for some stupid sword.

Sure some of these items have been sitting on gaia's marketplace shelves for idk the entirety of gaia's life.

But that scarf only been here for like 6 months. Is that what they were talking about? and should that bull crap go down....

I mean a million gold is bad enough! *grumbles* then these items hit 19million. or something ridonkulous.

Any way my point is does anyone know or have a guess to how it will slow down inflation....
seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 am
Nope. Inflation is eternal, Like Greed.  

Envoy of Void

Invisible Benefactor

10,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • PvP 200

Jaruga

Quotable Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 am
If the amount of money you can make with the fish drops so would the price IF it still makes enough to compensate the cash you ahve to pay for it. So unless the fish will get cheaper in the actual cash shop (phin and phangs) the fish wont get way cheaper.. maybe a little bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:35 am
that cant be right...I mean i think they will lower...how will it be fair to the noobs?  

EvilsUFO

Alien Red-Shirt

17,325 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Partygoer 500

EvilsUFO

Alien Red-Shirt

17,325 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:58 am
sheesh does anyone know economics?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:42 pm
evil-wears-a-bow
sheesh does anyone know economics?

Looking at the world economics i would say no. The economy on gaia could change a lot but it depends all on what measurements gaia Will take.  

Jaruga

Quotable Gaian

glengrin

Alien Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:22 pm
The motivation behind this is real world economics. Make it very hard to afford much of the items in the market place with gold, and people will spend more actual money to participate. They want to increase their business profits, pure and simple. It is grossly unfair to new comers, people with slow internet connections, older computers and those with little time or money, but they really don't care about that.

All that matters to them now is the bottom line.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:25 pm
glengrin
The motivation behind this is real world economics. Make it very hard to afford much of the items in the market place with gold, and people will spend more actual money to participate. They want to increase their business profits, pure and simple. It is grossly unfair to new comers, people with slow internet connections, older computers and those with little time or money, but they really don't care about that.

All that matters to them now is the bottom line.

Exactly, it wasn't a website that made the 'economy bad', it was greedy people.  

Mp3Playa

Envoy of Void

Invisible Benefactor

10,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:33 pm
*facepalm* What do you do when you don't have enough time or resources for a game? You do not play it. Life is not fair, simple as that; But we can try to make it as fair as possible. Just if you don't have time, it won't work out. Plus, Gaia can do anything it wants; Greed causes inflation and inflation is eternal because so is greed. Though inflation has different speeds and varies from item to item. So just cause its always there doesn't mean its always on the same item+Time is needed to enjoy gaia. If you don't have time, Why would you complain about that? It won't accomplish anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:58 pm
So you pounce on one word in a multifaceted post? lol

I mean, for example, I may have only 20 min a day to play booty grab; I do have a life. Also, I want to spend some of my time here doing other things too, not just earning gold. I happen to know of several other people in this predicament. It's called having a life and responsibilities.

There should be items introduced that are under 1k for newcomers if there are going to be fewer ways to earn any great amounts of gold.

I personally don't care as I have a vast inventory now and am not too interested in buying much atm. But this is not the case for so many others.

Closing DM was one thing; but they plan to make bg no more profitable than other venues; equalizing them all out. Most other venues max out at about 300g per hour if you are lucky.  

glengrin

Alien Explorer

II S n o w y II

Hygienic Fatcat

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:35 pm
evil-wears-a-bow
Are Things going to get cheaper? Please tell me they will!! Because I mean seriously...I want to know the science of this so called 'Deflation' We are going to be receiving!

"People will start realizing gold is not easy to get anymore so they start lowering prices...??"

Being a woman of deep thinking, And terrible at economics...What exactly is going to happen?

I mean if you haven't realized prices have been extremely unrealistic. 8mill for a scarf....or 10 mil for some stupid sword.

Sure some of these items have been sitting on gaia's marketplace shelves for idk the entirety of gaia's life.

But that scarf only been here for like 6 months. Is that what they were talking about? and should that bull crap go down....

I mean a million gold is bad enough! *grumbles* then these items hit 19million. or something ridonkulous.

Any way my point is does anyone know or have a guess to how it will slow down inflation....
seriously.

I hate to say it but I honestly think closing DM and nerfing booty grab was just a ploy to get people to buy more gaia cash >_> the economy wont go down enough to make a huge difference  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:36 pm
sorry for quote i meant to delete it out >w< and i cant edit my post XD  

II S n o w y II

Hygienic Fatcat

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

glengrin

Alien Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:43 pm
Dx Kiyisha xD
evil-wears-a-bow

seriously.

I hate to say it but I honestly think closing DM and nerfing booty grab was just a ploy to get people to buy more gaia cash >_> the economy wont go down enough to make a huge difference

I said pretty much the same thing about the cash.

But about inflation here; for a short time, prices will start to drop. Too many people won't be able to buy at the inflated prices in the mp, so too many items won't sell in the time allotted. This will force people to relist at lower prices and continue to do so until their items begin to sell again. At that point, prices will again begin to rise and inflation will continue. It's going to take a few weeks to see prices drop because people do have some gold right now and want to spend it and because items listed now may stay there for the full 14 days as people hope they may sell. Anyhow, that's my prediction.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games