Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
I have bad luck dating on gaia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:19 pm
ChimeBell
lulz???
Just to have fun. Nothing serious and no matter what happens, I don't get mad. If anything, I lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:27 pm
I had dated earlier on in my career upon Gaia, though the longest "relationship" if you will, lasted a meager 9 months, though I agree with ebony, I have personally found that a Face-to-Face relationship with people who live near you or around you are often the most successful.

Though again it's a personal preference and I know a number of people who met their current Husbands, or Wives upon Gaia which is a great thing. Though you said be quite cautious on gaia as many people simply date to gain personal information or to get money from you later on. However all negatives aside, gaia relationships are like all others in the world, it's usually much better if you begin as friends, and at that point if it doesn't work out you've most likely grown a little or perhaps a lot from the experience.  

Echo of Memnoch

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:14 pm
"I say...have fun! Don't let out personal information, EVER and never give away large sums of gold at a time. Real life relationships can be fun, but they can also be way more dangerous then online ones and make you way more depressed, at least online people can't hurt you, hit you, lock you up or ruin you social life, and you can just click the 'delete' button if they try to be mean! Whicj is why I LOVE online relationships".  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:42 pm
iRetaliate
Ebony the Peacian
iRetaliate
Why don't you try dating in real life...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That was rude. It's her life. We're here to create a safe and educational environment for members to learn and grow; what she's doing is not unsafe as long as she doesn't share her personal information or pictures with anyone. Dating and making friends on Gaia is a challenge that many of our members face, and they need to know how to go about it safely.

No one is to post anything that is in any way rude or judgmental of her choices. I will not tolerate it.

Edit: Suzy, if you ever need to talk about this, you can PM me at any time.

I meant like... a real face to face relationship can be much more fulfilling smile

not to mention "on the internet all women are guys and all kids are fbi agents." ;P issa joke  

Blind Hodd

Aekea Champion

Kyss Kyss

4,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:50 am
hey your not the only one but just not in this game....
In another game ive just came from i had trouble with guys acting as if they own you.....the first one started off nice but he started dissing me infront of his friends while i was there sent me nasty in game mail and when it got to much i told him its over. the second one was sweet and silent for a lonhg time only talking in small secntences which i didnt mind but then he would log on and log back off and when he was on he avoid me as if i had hurted him which i did nothing it wasnt till one his mates pmed me and told me he wants to talk to me he told me then he didnt like or want me he was just playing me to see if i would leave first. the last one which did it enougfh for me to leave the game and come here seemed decent but the problem was when he was near me he would flirt with every other girl around and not me
and well tthere is emotes you can do in the game eg /kiss and /hug and he did them to other girls except me then he told me he hates me and i told him what i do he told me its over i logged off and have not logged back since and i dealt i will ever log back there because im sick and tired of the mind games andit still hurts atm but im geting over it slowly
I suppose it takes a sucker to fall for guys like the above coz i fell for them and i got hurt but if i ever see any guy ever again hurting a chick i think ill stand up for the girl unles the girls done something because it hurts to much to be in love with some one who never liked you in the beginning they just wentr out with ya for kicks and it surely isnt nice either talk about giving people a heart ache crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:18 pm
I never got into internet dating because how am I suppose to know that the person im talking to is even a guy, or the age he says he is. I find more comfort in dating in real life. But, its your choice and no matter how much they say they love you dont give them personal info. And if they really like you, there not going to ask for gold, and if he says you dont love him if you dont help him out thats a load of bull. Just because you dont help him out with questing or whatever doesnt mean you dont care or your a bad person. Just becareful with the pervs out there. And if i was you i wouldnt date on the internet just because there are soo many unexpected things that can go wrong online. Im sure there are some nice guys where you live, and you can get to know them better than you can online ^.^ Good luck  

HaHaHarleen

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:07 pm
Meh,thats why i don't date on the net.They are usually scammers or think since it is a internet relationship they can do whatever they want.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:23 pm
all the guys where i am dk what lolitia is so yea ... and im sweet lolitia so yea and the ones who do go after me are the creepy ones.... like the lastest one likes killing kittens =( i think im a vreep magnet crying  

Kyss Kyss

4,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Maybe fixing that crazeh smile may help you...lol