Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
I have bad luck dating on gaia Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dexigone

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:38 am
emo
I have gone though two boyfriends on this website

My first boyfriend, kept asking me for money, I gave him the money, he broke up with me, never giving the money back. What an a**, my account never recovered.

My second boyfriend, oh when he kisses me, it is like I am getting more adrenaline that I can handle, i felt so good when I am with him. Unfortunately, he left gaia because someone hacked him. I miss him.

I really have bad luck. Both boyfriends never lasted a week.
Moving on is hard
emo  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, just be careful. Don't share your personal information with anyone on Gaia Online.

Also, if you meet these kids in questionable roleplays or in Rally, you're pretty much in Cybersex City, where boys (and sometimes girls) are just looking for someone to write naughty things to them and send them naughty pictures.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

iRetaliate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:51 am
Why don't you try dating in real life...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:56 am
iRetaliate
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That was rude. It's her life. We're here to create a safe and educational environment for members to learn and grow; what she's doing is not unsafe as long as she doesn't share her personal information or pictures with anyone. Dating and making friends on Gaia is a challenge that many of our members face, and they need to know how to go about it safely.

No one is to post anything that is in any way rude or judgmental of her choices. I will not tolerate it.

Edit: Suzy, if you ever need to talk about this, you can PM me at any time.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

asmindys

Sparkly Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:22 pm
I agree with Ebony. As long as you're doing it safely.

But just remember that it is and internet relationship, and those can be quite unpredictable. So just remember to be careful, mmkay? ^-^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:23 pm
Ebony the Peacian
iRetaliate

That was rude. It's her life. We're here to create a safe and educational environment for members to learn and grow; what she's doing is not unsafe as long as she doesn't share her personal information or pictures with anyone. Dating and making friends on Gaia is a challenge that many of our members face, and they need to know how to go about it safely.

No one is to post anything that is in any way rude or judgmental of her choices. I will not tolerate it.

I meant like... a real face to face relationship can be much more fulfilling smile  

iRetaliate

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:26 pm

It ultimately depends on the relationship. But I agree -- there are important aspects of a face-to-face relationship that online relationships should one day strive to achieve (i.e. meeting for the first time).

But that's for serious relationships that have existed for years, where the two people involved perfectly and totally know each other. For the kind of dating that Suzy is describing, I strongly recommend keeping one's private information ... private.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:07 pm
I completely agree with Ebony. It is your choice and no others, but i do suggest not to get TOO close to someone on here. Internet relationships aren't very fulfilling as said before, and also more effective. A lot of people on here are self centered and use their dating rights to manipulate people for money, so its more likely to lead to depression.
So what I'm meaning is, be safe honey.

Rennity

Witty Dabbler

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:43 pm
Ebony the Peacian
iRetaliate

I think it was just a suggestion...
Anyway, although I personally don't date on Gaia, you can.
Just be careful, don't be too attached, and don't expect much to come of it.
And never let them take advantage of you for gold.
You could also try real life relationships, they normally work out better.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:12 pm
Life Hath Immortality
I think it was just a suggestion...
Anyway, although I personally don't date on Gaia, you can.
Just be careful, don't be too attached, and don't expect much to come of it.
And never let them take advantage of you for gold.
You could also try real life relationships, they normally work out better.

It was still rude.

For the record, online relationships can succeed. I've seen them do so. However, like I said before, I don't think that Suzy's looking for anything that serious right now.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

HEYIQUITTHISSITESUCKS

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:08 pm
I was once married on gaia, i got to attached and nearly lost sight of the real world. I personally never dated again after that but still...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 pm
I "date" on gaia for lulz. IDK about other people.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ChimeBell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 am
lulz???  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:42 am
people just date on here for the fun of it
nothing serious
its just that one friend on your friendlist whom you've come attached to is all 3nodding  

horny on main

Consumer

ShiftyCheese

Lupine Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:21 pm
I used to date people on Gaia in my early Gaian Life. xD Mostly these were people I had met in towns and thought were cute, asked to date me so i was like SURE! xD Never really knew them. lol Now it's like no one WANTS to date me, but I'm off that Gaian love boat, cause... well, I don't feel as safe, and you don't really get to know them. Yeah, it's possible, but they can keep stuff from you, they really didn't want you to know. And, you prolly do the same thing.

But, just be careful hun. There's some messed up people who are out there to do terrible things to children (and even some non-childrens lol)... Be careful what you give out to other people, it may seem like nothing, but it may make a big difference in the end. Hope it all works for you and I'm gunna sum up my little novel here. ;D  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff