Welcome to Gaia! ::

::+ ::The Legends of Zelda Guild::+ ::

Back to Guilds

For fan(atic)s of The Legend of Zelda series. 

Tags: Zelda, Nintendo, Fantasy, Role-play, Link 

Reply ::+ ::The Legends of Zelda Guild::+ ::
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (*OFFICIAL THREAD*)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yes?
  YES!
  no...
View Results

The Fruity Magician
Crew

O.G. Gaian

2,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:02 pm
The new Zelda game has finally arisen!

Personally, I love the art style because it is similar to Wind Waker's.

Here's the trailer:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Do tell your thoughts on this game. 3nodding

EDIT (Mar. 3, 2011):

A new trailer of Skyward Sword has been shown at GDC yesterday. Here's the link!

The Second Trailer

EDIT (June 11, 2011):

Skyward Sword Trailer for E3 2011

E3 Trailer

EDIT (July 21, 2011):

Skyward Sword Trailer for Comic Con 2011

Comic Con Trailer
Similar to the E3 Trailer, but a few more things have been revealed. For example, what seems to be a Goron Trader, one similar to those in Wind Waker.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:48 pm
I was absolutely stunned by it. And the fact that Nintendo started their conference with it made it even sweeter. I am so excited for it.

By the way, thanks for starting the thread. ^-^  

Maniacally Melodramatic
Captain

11,275 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Piklomania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:42 pm
I was hoping for more of the Super-Realistic Graphics from Twilight Princess. It`s sort of like that, but a bit too cartoonish for my liking. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:36 am
Kirby2good4u
I was hoping for more of the Super-Realistic Graphics from Twilight Princess. It`s sort of like that, but a bit too cartoonish for my liking. confused

Hey, I dig em. I also like the fact that they gave Link PANTS again. sweatdrop The tights are wayyyyy too creepy for adult/teen Link.

Also, I am so happy with the new control scheme. using the Wii-motion plus to it's fullest, FTW. I love the fact that the wiimote controls the sword and the nunchuck controls the shield.

Anyway, amongst the items what looks like it will be the most fun for you guys? I think the whip will be awesome. Maybe some Indiana Jones-style swinging, like Spirit Tracks.  

Maniacally Melodramatic
Captain

11,275 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Hidden Moogle

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:09 am
just as expected nintendo tops themsevles once again  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:15 pm
I like Twilight Princess because it looked realistic but in Skylight Sword when you swing the wii remote Link slashes in the same direction you slash and his sword follows the wii remote.  

iCosplaySasori

The Fruity Magician
Crew

O.G. Gaian

2,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:59 pm
I think the Wii Motion Plus controls of the E3 demo were excellent/innovative. It's a new way of playing biggrin .

I personally love the beetle and the whip. I'm looking forward to the puzzles revolving around the beetle.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:30 pm
Personally, I absolutely loved the wind wakers graphics, so I think I'll love the Skyward Swords graphics too! It also looks like they added some new weapons. I think the controls look pretty fun too! heart I'm so excited for it to come out!  

SugarBelle24

5,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Piklomania

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:41 pm
I want my Hewkshawt again 3nodding It`s my most favourite weapon in the entire series. It grows! and shrinks! And grows! and shrinks! and grows! and shrinks! and grows! and shrinks! and grows! and shrinks! and grows!.......... rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:17 am
What i`ve seen, is that the gameboy zelda games had more cartoony looking graphics, and the bigger systems had the realistic graphics. This game a little bit of both!  

Piklomania

The Fruity Magician
Crew

O.G. Gaian

2,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:21 pm
Piklomania
What i`ve seen, is that the gameboy zelda games had more cartoony looking graphics, and the bigger systems had the realistic graphics. This game a little bit of both!

That's true. Well, upon closer inspection, the graphics of Skyward Sword greatly resembles that of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but more colourful.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:09 pm
The Fruity Magician
Piklomania

That's true. Well, upon closer inspection, the graphics of Skyward Sword greatly resembles that of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but more colourful.

In my opinion, Skyward Sword is that happy medium Miyamoto wanted for OoT and Majora's Mask, but the N64 didn't have the hardware to fully realize it.

Anyway, there are rumblings of a March release! Hopefully some new videos will mysteriously reveal themselves soon. Let the speculation resume!  

Maniacally Melodramatic
Captain

11,275 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

The Fruity Magician
Crew

O.G. Gaian

2,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 pm
For those who have watched the second trailer (link in first post), you probably noticed a mysterious guy in it who is presumably a main villain in the game.

Now much speculation has gone around about who this humanoid really is:

1. OMG it's a new person!
2. Vaati
3. The Gilded Sword (from Majora's Mask)

Personally, though it may sound ridiculous, I believe the guy is in fact the Gilded Sword.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I mean, if the girl from the concept art (who does appear in the trailer though on the wii mote) is thought to be the Skyward Sword/Master Sword, why couldn't this guy be the Gilded Sword?  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:59 pm
May all the minds be blown

I love Nintendo sometimes xD  

The Fruity Magician
Crew

O.G. Gaian

2,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Voter 0
::+ ::The Legends of Zelda Guild::+ ::

Manage Your Items