Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
What Do You Guys Think?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elemental Doll

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:09 am
I'm not sure if I put this in the wrong place or not, forgive me if I did. sweatdrop
Anyway, I need a little help with my avatar. I'm not asking for donations are anything, just your opinion. 3nodding

What do you guys think of this avatar?
User Image

And this one..
User Image

I'm a big fan of elegant and simple avatars, so what do you think? Should I add more, take some stuff off, etc. ?
Also, any ideas with new avatars? I would like to change mine soon. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:34 am
I love the second one ^-^

asmindys

Sparkly Phantom

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:45 am
I'm a fan of creativity. I love the style of the second outfit. I think it would be better if you tried to recreate an outfit like that using poses that come from different items. The second one just looks... unoriginal. It doesn't take much thought to make a whole outfit from Noel's Gift items.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:32 pm

I agree with Cabbi. It's easy to make an outfit using poses from the same item- try to create something original using different items and items from different sets.

If you took the second avatar and put it in the arenas, or asked for votes from Avatar Talk regulars, you would unfortunately get an endless stream of flames from people saying that it's uncreative because it's just a set even though it looks nice- because sets are designed to look nice together.

Try, instead, keeping one pose of the Noel (two tops) and then finding other similar colors to build from.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:42 pm

The first one is nice.
As for the second, I dislike sets. They take away from the originality of the avi.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:37 am
I prefer the first avatar, too. I don't mind, that the second one is a set, I just love the dress.

As for small changes: I would get rid of the yellow ribbon on the second avi. I think it would be better without it.  

ChimeBell

Woutan Kuunsuru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:39 am
I agree with Chaim on the ribbon thing.  
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out