Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
What is booty grab and how does it work? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neaca

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:39 am
Well... I've been going around to earn gold and many people has suggested booty grab works well. What exactly is it and how does it work? It's all so confusing. :s  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm
Booty Grab is a little minigame that you are able to play when visiting someone profile and clicking in the booty grab button on their aquarium.You collect coins that the fish drop,and by doing so you and the aquarium owner gets some gold.Play at my aquarium if you want =D =>http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/26090323?_gaia_t_=612&mygntcid=41823  

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:42 pm
Here is a very good resource: Booty Grab Ultimate Guide.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:18 pm
I think i will have a look at it myself.  

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:20 pm
JoyRose posted a good guide that will explain the basics.

Many people have aquariums in their signature. Signatures are found under people's posts. Those aquariums will "glow" at random times. When an aquarium glows, you can click on it to play Booty Grab. A "game" will open up in a new window. All you do is move the cursor back and forth to collect gold.

You can't do anything to make a tank glow. You have to search for tanks that are glowing. The best place to find glowing tanks is in Gaia's Aquarium Forum.
-or-
DolpinMania is a website where you can see information about many tanks without having to load up the tanks. Here's the thread for it: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/dolphin-mania-v2-official-page/t.57354599/
The link to the actual website is at the bottom of the first post. You just skim the pages for tanks that are glowing, then hit the "[play]" button. Remember that you must be logged into Gaia for it to work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:35 pm
Booty Grab is a game you play in peoples aquariums. You can find many threads in the forums made specifically for this game if you just search "bootygrab" . Search through these threads until you find an aquarium in someone's signature that is glowing. Click on it, and the game will open in another window. You will have 5 seconds to get ready. When it starts, you'll see your character at the bottom of the screen, with a sell on its head. There will be fish up above who will drop coins. Move your avatar from side to side to catch coins. You will have 60 seconds to play. Periodically, items will float by from either side of the screen. Blue items with a picture of gold will multiply your gold for a short time. Blue stop watches will increase your time, and blue arrows will increase your speed. Likewise, each item has a red counter part, which will do the opposite. When the timer runs out, it will calculate your gold.

Hope I helped :3  

Red RRabbit

Friendly Gekko

Miumarie

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:22 pm
sdrawkcab
JoyRose posted a good guide that will explain the basics.

Many people have aquariums in their signature. Signatures are found under people's posts. Those aquariums will "glow" at random times. When an aquarium glows, you can click on it to play Booty Grab. A "game" will open up in a new window. All you do is move the cursor back and forth to collect gold.

You can't do anything to make a tank glow. You have to search for tanks that are glowing. The best place to find glowing tanks is in Gaia's Aquarium Forum.
-or-
DolpinMania is a website where you can see information about many tanks without having to load up the tanks. Here's the thread for it: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/dolphin-mania-v2-official-page/t.57354599/
The link to the actual website is at the bottom of the first post. You just skim the pages for tanks that are glowing, then hit the "[play]" button. Remember that you must be logged into Gaia for it to work.

I don't recommend using DolphinMania, because the use of that is what caused Gaia to nerf our tanks last time, the less people that use DolphinMania, the less chance Gaia won't have to nerf our tanks again. There's a Gaia subforum for fish tanks and Booty Grabbing and stuff like that. People post "Glowing tank!" When their tank is glowing and their tank is right in their signature ready to be played.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games