Welcome to Gaia! ::

~In His World~ A Sonic Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild for Sonic Fans and Sonic Roleplayers. 

Tags: Sonic, Roleplay, Hedgehog, Role, Play 

Reply ◊Sonic Discussion◊
Which Sonic Char gets the boot? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-Spike-Sonic
Vice Captain

Invisible Raider

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:41 am
User Image
•.¸¸.•яεη† ħé Ħéđġéħσġ•.¸¸.•

"A wandering soul searching for the answer."

"A certain shade of green,
tell me, is that what you need?
All signs around say move ahead."

User Image

Okay, it's been a while since I posted anything in this section of the guild, so here's something to ponder the members. If you could choose any Sonic char to never have existed, who would it be and why?? XDD My personal choice is Elise because; 1. She kissed Sonic and pissed off many SonAmy fans. 2. If she wasn't in Sonic 2006, the storyline would've been pretty much like the Sonic Adventure titles and 3, in the game, the memories get erased and they never officially meet, so it's POINTLESS.

User Image

"Could someone please explain to me your ever present lack of speed?
What are you waiting for,
A certain shade of green? "
scream  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:38 am
For the record, I'd have to agree with your choice DarkSpike.
1. Elise has NO goddamn point in the game other than the fact that she has the flames of Iblis inside her, which only destroyed Silver's world and there could be many more ways Iblis could've gone into play.
2. This COMPLETELY reminds of those crappy kinds of "Damsel in Distress" princess fairy tales and it's so RIDICULOUS
3. Yes, the fact that Sonic was KISSED by that LOSER is just majorly DISGUSTING for one thing and another.... I'M ONE OF THOSE SONAMY FANS! scream
4. Sega, why did you have to make this bimbo princess human when blaze is a more better princess than her? stare You could have just stuck it at that thank you.

AgentRhodeIsland
Vice Captain

Dangerous Shapeshifter

10,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

XMajestic_Dreaming_AngelX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:50 pm
I'll have to agree, for all of the reasons posted, That I can live without Elise. xDD

Hmm... Another character that I wouldn't mind gone would be,
well, trying to not piss off a lot of fans, but Shadow.
>.>
<.<
For the following reasons;
1) FUNFACT: Did you know that Shadow was supposed to be a one-time deal only? His first debute was supposed to be his last. In other words, Shadow was supposed to die in SA2(b), which not only made a great emotional twist at the end of the game, but also Let Shadow have his happy ending with Maria.
2) He reminds me of Sasuke from Naruto. XP In other words, he's like the emo kid who has all of the girls after him and has all of the power. I typically find it unorigional.
3) WHO AM I?!?!?!? WHO ARE YOU?!?!?!?! ((Never liked the case of amisa...))
4) I AM TEH ULTIMETE BASASSS!!!!!

And the list can go on xDD However, I prefer Shadow as if he were dead, like he was supposed to be in sa2(b).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:14 pm
The two characters posted have very valid points. I wasn't too big with Elise as a character, but surprisingly, she didn't bother me as much as some other characters I could list. I think it was because she wasn't a b***h and that she was calm and collected.

I'm personally not a fan of Shadow, and like Heartless stated, he was only supposed to be a one-shot character (one that would just appear for that game/series and then would be recycled or thrown away). Bringing Shadow back was just because of the mere fan-service he tagged along with him. He had no purpose to be brought back into the Sonic games. They even had to think of BS reasons to bring him back (such as him having "amnesia" and not recalling how he survived the ark). BUT I enjoyed and liked his part in Sonic Adventure 2, so I wouldn't want to remove him completely from all of Sonic History. I really liked his role in that game.

If I HAD to pick someone to wipe out of the series completely, it would most likely be any fan-characters or Mary sues and stus that pair themselves up with canons well I can't think of anyone. Probably Shadow if I had to pick someone.  

Scars-of-an-Undead
Crew

Friendly Camper

Dark-Spike-Sonic
Vice Captain

Invisible Raider

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:48 pm
Wow, 2 for Elise, I understand, but 2 for Shadow? That's a shocker in my book, but Heartless does state a very good point. He was supposed to be one-time only. The reason why he came back was because he received so many positive comments unlike the other one time chars.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:23 pm
I agree on the Elise complitle but not on the shadow thing.....but one creacter who was pointless was Big....do I relly need to go into why he is point less.  

Doom55555

Invisible Hunter

8,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

Scars-of-an-Undead
Crew

Friendly Camper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:33 pm
Doom55555
I agree on the Elise complitle but not on the shadow thing.....but one creacter who was pointless was Big....do I relly need to go into why he is point less.

Yeah, Big was a rather pointless character - but he's one of my favourites so I can't help but not give him the boot. xd
I personally like him because he was a relaxed and chill character. Not ALL characters should have a "OMG IM BADASS RAWR!" personality or abilities. I like Big because he's got flaws, but can also lighten the mood in a series.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:55 pm
Doom55555

-is slightly offended, because I like Big-

Whats so wrong with Big? |(

Quote:
Wow, 2 for Elise, I understand, but 2 for Shadow? That's a shocker in my book, but Heartless does state a very good point. He was supposed to be one-time only. The reason why he came back was because he received so many positive comments unlike the other one time chars.

Fan servicing, my friend. |D Sega Is very bad with that....

Quote:
If I HAD to pick someone to wipe out of the series completely, it would most likely be any fan-characters or Mary sues and stus that pair themselves up with canons well I can't think of anyone. Probably Shadow if I had to pick someone.

FFFFFFFFFF--------- -Nodds in agreement.-  

Crew

Doom55555

Invisible Hunter

8,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:15 pm
Your takeing the side of a fat cat who only fishes and looks for a frog. He dosint do much in the games....outher then sonic heros but thats it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:21 pm
Doom55555
Your takeing the side of a fat cat who only fishes and looks for a frog. He dosint do much in the games....outher then sonic heros but thats it.

I'm taking the side of a character who enjoys fishing as a side hobby and actually does a lot more then you give him credit for. :/ He may not be as interesting as other characters, or COMPLETELY AND TOTAWWY BADASS like shadow, but He has more character development then most characters combined. -_-  

Crew

Scars-of-an-Undead
Crew

Friendly Camper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:07 pm
Doom55555

And your point with siding with a fat cat? XD I honestly like characters with quirks or little odd things about them. The thing with Big was that he was a large, lovable fella that tried his best to find his best friend (Froggy). Not that I wanna change your opinion or anything, but it's just it kinda bothers me when people dislike characters because they're not "badass" enough or they're "ugly" or "retarded".

Xx_HeartlessXLoveless_xX
He may not be as interesting as other characters, or COMPLETELY AND TOTAWWY BADASS like shadow, but He has more character development then most characters combined. -_-

PFFFFT! Sorry for laughing Heartless, but I couldn't help it xd I personally don't think any of the Sonic characters have character development. They have PERSONALITY, but that's different from character development. Character development are characters that learn and change personalities as they travel through a story. None of the Sonic characters have deep character development, just solid, quirky personalities.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:01 am
Quote:
PFFFFT! Sorry for laughing Heartless, but I couldn't help it xd I personally don't think any of the Sonic characters have character development. They have PERSONALITY, but that's different from character development. Character development are characters that learn and change personalities as they travel through a story. None of the Sonic characters have deep character development, just solid, quirky personalities.

Umm... My bad... I just mean that Big has a bit more... Well how can I explain it? xD His personality and character has a certain feel that makes him much more lively and easier to connect to him... I guess It's harder to explain then I thought. xD Ermm... Just ignore me for now;;;; -emocorner-  

Crew

Tspuun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:36 am
Scars-of-an-Undead

Actually, Tails had some character development in SA1. And then they kind of ignored it after that.

Also Big was awesome in Sonic Chronicles. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:55 pm
Hmm. Its a little tough to decide on which character to get booted off.  

Superonimalco

Scars-of-an-Undead
Crew

Friendly Camper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:54 am
Xx_HeartlessXLoveless_xX
Umm... My bad... I just mean that Big has a bit more... Well how can I explain it? xD His personality and character has a certain feel that makes him much more lively and easier to connect to him... I guess It's harder to explain then I thought. xD Ermm... Just ignore me for now;;;; -emocorner-

Don't be emo about it! D: The definition of character development gets juggled a lot all the time. I THINK I know what you're saying about Big. Is it the fact that he seems like such a normal kind of guy compared to the other Sonic members? It's true to easily relate him to others like that smile

Tspuun
Actually, Tails had some character development in SA1. And then they kind of ignored it after that.

Also Big was awesome in Sonic Chronicles. :3

Now when I think about it, Tails DID have a bit of character development. Trying to be independent without Sonic right and become brave? (ex: the last boss battle in Tails' storyline). It was development but when I think about it it wasn't too noticeable. :S Kinda sucked how they didn't go farther with it. I can see it going well.

And I never played Sonic Chronicles gonk But I was glad Big was in it anyway. He's considered a badass in my book >:U  
◊Sonic Discussion◊

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff