Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Art Teachers & Presents!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bubblegum_Paint

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:49 pm
So I am graduating from high school soon and I really want to give something to my art teacher before I leave. He has been super helpful with my college portfolio and he has been my teacher for four years. The problem is I have no idea what to give him and I do not have that much money. I do not want to seem cheesy and give him an art work of mine, but I dont know what to do! (plus how do you even draw a thank you?)

What have you guys done? What should I do? If you have any ideas please feel free to share them. It would be very apreciated.  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:40 pm
HHmmm.... I would draw something just for him! Just whatever he loves, or what inspires you. :3 I think that's a good way to thank him. Or write a letter, even if it sounds funny.That's what I'd do. Hope that helps!  

ShiftyCheese

Lupine Entrepreneur

Syrella
Crew

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:45 pm
I say draw or paint something for him. It may sound cheesy, but it's probably one of the more "heart-felt" things you could do.

If that's not up your alley, then yes, a thank-you note would work.

If none of the above is sounding good, then get him a gift certificate for an art supply store. If he's an artist, which I'm going to assume he is, that would be something he'd appreciate greatly. Artists always need supplies. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:23 am
Sugar Mizu
HHmmm.... I would draw something just for him! Just whatever he loves, or what inspires you. :3 I think that's a good way to thank him. Or write a letter, even if it sounds funny.That's what I'd do. Hope that helps!

agreed. Preferably something embarrassing for them to carry around or wear. Like their mugshot on a xmas sweater x3  

Ig-Knighted

10,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Look

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:46 pm
Could make him a hard portfolio holder with hardboard and duct tapes. You can get the ampersand hardboard pretty cheap from here. or check your local art stores, they may have something similar.
And here's the image on how mine looks like once it's done:
http://www.jia-art.com/misc/portfolio.jpg

You can tape strings on the opening sides so they can be tied and keep the portfolio closed. The paper flaps on the inside will prevent drawings from sliding out when portfolio is closed.

Then you can use a marker or acrylic paint to paint something on the outside of the portfolio to make it look all nice and personal.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games