40%  [ 13 ]
GOLD.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

Meriru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:45 am
User Image

Does anyone else here make onigiri? I need filling suggestions. So far I've only done crab and egg, salmon and egg, and tuna and egg.

Anyone else have creative fillings for onigiri? whee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:25 am
Meriru
User Image

Does anyone else here make onigiri? I need filling suggestions. So far I've only done crab and egg, salmon and egg, and tuna and egg.

I don't make Onigiri all that often as I really prefer Spam Musubi over it but all I do is make it salty and that's pretty much it. I can't stand egg, crab, or tuna with that anyway. sweatdrop  

Shimakuwa

Meriru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:23 am
iPono
Meriru
User Image

I don't make Onigiri all that often as I really prefer Spam Musubi over it but all I do is make it salty and that's pretty much it. I can't stand egg, crab, or tuna with that anyway. sweatdrop

Lol. I haven't tried Spam Musubi yet. I'll try making some if ever. XD
I also have one of those furikake (rice seasonings) though. But it would be nice to be able to use other stuff to flavor it.

I made this thread a long time ago and only one person answered it only now! DX I guess not many here make their own onigiri. Or not many people have seen this thread. Lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:20 am
Well, I had a friend teach me ho to make onigiri and she said that you can pretty much put any kind of meat in there: We've done chicken, beef, pork and she said that sausage is good in onigiri as well. We also did pickled plum.  

KitsukoTenbei

Dedicated Informer

Shimakuwa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:19 pm
Meriru
iPono
Meriru
User Image

Lol. I haven't tried Spam Musubi yet. I'll try making some if ever. XD
I also have one of those furikake (rice seasonings) though. But it would be nice to be able to use other stuff to flavor it.

I made this thread a long time ago and only one person answered it only now! DX I guess not many here make their own onigiri. Or not many people have seen this thread. Lol

A good amount of people voted though.

I know what Furikake is. I live for it.. it would be awful and sad if I did not. Furikake is probably the only thing I'll allow on any Onigiri.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 pm
How exactly do you put things inside an onigiri? Also, what types of things may be put inside?  

Nekoyomi

Meriru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:03 am
Nekoyomi
How exactly do you put things inside an onigiri? Also, what types of things may be put inside?

There are a lot of sites that can teach you how to make onigiri. That's how I learned. ^^

I use a shaper so it's really easy to put in the fillings. It's not difficult to do it by hand, but in my case, I can't make that triangle shape without the shaper. Lol.

Onigiri usually contained salty fillings. Salmon, bonito, etc. I usually put crab and tamagoyaki in mine. Sometimes I put tuna.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 pm
Cassandra Reign
I made Onigiri wrong once because I see most people use plastic to make the balls and I didn't :p
I've used potatoes to make onigiri. And I've wanted to try fruits like strawberry

.. that sounds gross. I'm sorry.

I would never eat strawberries with salty rice/nori. gonk  

Shimakuwa

Meriru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:51 pm
iPono
Cassandra Reign
I made Onigiri wrong once because I see most people use plastic to make the balls and I didn't :p
I've used potatoes to make onigiri. And I've wanted to try fruits like strawberry

Lol. The only fruit I've tried with rice is banana. I have yet to try strawberries with it. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 pm
iPono
Cassandra Reign

I agree.
But sometimes if you combine sweet and salty, it's quite nice~  

Nekoyomi

Shimakuwa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 pm
Nekoyomi
iPono
Cassandra Reign

I agree.
But sometimes if you combine sweet and salty, it's quite nice~

Not for I. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:53 pm
I really want to make an onigiri!! However I really don't know how to make it...I did try once but I kinda failed..like REALLY failed... sweatdrop I need hints and clues to how to make one...mostly the shape...  

Hime83

Shimakuwa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:11 am
Hime83
I really want to make an onigiri!! However I really don't know how to make it...I did try once but I kinda failed..like REALLY failed... sweatdrop I need hints and clues to how to make one...mostly the shape...

They have the plastic shapes. Otherwise, get your hands wet so that you can roll the rice into a ball, or at least I roll mine into a ball when it's hand made, put salt on your hands too than wrap it up with nori.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:38 am
Never had it, but i have had sushi.  

killerqueen121

3,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Japanese culture

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash