User Image

"Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel
"

User Image
(1942-2010)

" Heavy metal rocker Ronnie James Dio died Sunday morning after a battle with stomach cancer, his wife announced.

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m. 16th May," Wendy Dio said in a message posted on his official website. "

Source

Seriously? What the hell is this s**t? How is life fair when someone as amazing as this dies, but trash like the Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber are allowed to continue living? We should be able to sacrifice those abominations to the music industry to bring back ******** Dio.

Discuss:
Life being unfair.
Music is never going to be the ******** RAINBOW IN THE DARK
The death of good music
Favorite songs by this awesome beast of a musician.
How much I'm hoping this is some hoax or something...  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:23 am
sad I have no idea who that is but I've youtubed some of his songs...awesome!

R.I.P. good music.

PS: We should totaly sacrifice the Jonas brothers to get all of Queen *sigh*  

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:31 am
And what type of Dark god would call the Jonas Brothers a fair trade for Dio?  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:30 am
Well, I'm sure whichever one we sacrificed them to, that they would be more than happy to torture them. Then again, that ******** is probably jamming with Dio right now and doesn't want to give him back sad  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:33 pm
AlcoholicPancake
Well, I'm sure whichever one we sacrificed them to, that they would be more than happy to torture them. Then again, that ******** is probably jamming with Dio right now and doesn't want to give him back sad

True sad  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 pm
So, apparently, the Westboro Baptist Church is planning on picketing the memorial service on May 30th.

I really wish I could go, I'd be all for beating the s**t out of some Baptists biggrin There would be more than one funeral that day if I was able to go.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:18 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
So, apparently, the Westboro Baptist Church is planning on picketing the memorial service on May 30th.

I really wish I could go, I'd be all for beating the s**t out of some Baptists biggrin There would be more than one funeral that day if I was able to go.

I'm sure he would want us to play his music as loud as possible at the protesters and possibly hire strippers for the church goers to watch with.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:24 pm
Saverio C.
0-0Roland Deschain0-0

I'm sure he would want us to play his music as loud as possible at the protesters and possibly hire strippers for the church goers to watch with.

Actually, he'd probably want us to do that, then check to see if we had any money to donate to the few charities that he was a spokes person for. Normally, donating money to a worthy cause isn't very metal, but if it's for Dio... I'd give every bit of money that I could ( if I had any ) and feel more metal than I ever had.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:26 pm
AlcoholicPancake

Seriously? What the hell is this s**t? How is life fair when someone as amazing as this dies, but trash like the Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber are allowed to continue living? We should be able to sacrifice those abominations to the music industry to bring back ******** Dio.

I feel your pain, and also share your hate for the mentioned music. But, the last few sentences are no bueno. Dude was old, it was his time. May he rest in peace. Others will continue making metal, it's not the end.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:12 pm
Xikrai the Risen
AlcoholicPancake

I feel your pain, and also share your hate for the mentioned music. But, the last few sentences are no bueno. Dude was old, it was his time. May he rest in peace. Others will continue making metal, it's not the end.

True. but it just won't be the same. Metal these days, compared to metal back then... It's just not the same. Sure, some groups are pushing out quality, but they're getting old too. I'm just dreading the day we lose someone else that made such a huge impact on the music industry. Still though, you're right about him being older.. The man was a legend and years from now people will still be inspired by him to try and make songs that the world will remember long after their dead and gone. Rock in peace Dio.

Also, @Roland: I heard about that, and I'm incredibly pissed off. The trash in that hate group has no place picketing his memorial, or ANYTHING else.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:57 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0

What. This is wrong on so many levels, even the less-than-good phrase "those crazy Baptists" is insufficient. I mean, this is just downright unchristian. What ever happened to the whole "treat others as you would yourself" thing, which is actually present in most established religions? And it's just in poor taste!
I mean, unless they're picketing the fact he's dead and want him back. Which I suppose would be the flipside of that...  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:07 pm
Erverain
0-0Roland Deschain0-0

What. This is wrong on so many levels, even the less-than-good phrase "those crazy Baptists" is insufficient. I mean, this is just downright unchristian. What ever happened to the whole "treat others as you would yourself" thing, which is actually present in most established religions? And it's just in poor taste!
I mean, unless they're picketing the fact he's dead and want him back. Which I suppose would be the flipside of that...

Nope, this is just a pure bullshit picket. Then again, these are the people that did a picket at Heath Ledger's funeral, because he acted as a gay cowboy in ONE of his many roles and possibly a few other stupid things. They are also the group that always do that whole " God hates fags " bullshit. Oh yeah, and if that's not enough to make you hate them, they seem to picket every memorial service for a soldier that they can. Yeah, that's right, they hate America, it's soldiers, and just about every. ********. thing. else.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:37 am
AlcoholicPancake
Erverain
0-0Roland Deschain0-0

Nope, this is just a pure bullshit picket. Then again, these are the people that did a picket at Heath Ledger's funeral, because he acted as a gay cowboy in ONE of his many roles and possibly a few other stupid things. They are also the group that always do that whole " God hates fags " bullshit. Oh yeah, and if that's not enough to make you hate them, they seem to picket every memorial service for a soldier that they can. Yeah, that's right, they hate America, it's soldiers, and just about every. ********. thing. else.
Yet they completely disregard the fact that they can have these protests BECAUSE of the soldiers that have died to give them that right in the first place. There's some ******** gratitude for ya. Also, I checked their website (Which, by the way, has a lovely URL. www.godhatesfags.com. Lovely message there, isn't it?) and these people are ******** busy. They have several protests a day. Why the ******** aren't these people working instead? Who the hell supports them?  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:00 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
AlcoholicPancake
Erverain
0-0Roland Deschain0-0

Yet they completely disregard the fact that they can have these protests BECAUSE of the soldiers that have died to give them that right in the first place. There's some ******** gratitude for ya. Also, I checked their website (Which, by the way, has a lovely URL. www.godhatesfags.com. Lovely message there, isn't it?) and these people are ******** busy. They have several protests a day. Why the ******** aren't these people working instead? Who the hell supports them?

Oh, they probably divvy up the money that the church gets for donations or some s**t. Oh, but don't you know Roland? They're allowed to act like this, you know, because they have an imaginary friend that tells them it's okay GOD IS ON THERE SIDE! Therefor they can be as rude as they want and hate everything. You know, because god gives them free range to do whatever they want, but all of us are going to burn in hell or some s**t.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:16 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
Also, I checked their website (Which, by the way, has a lovely URL. www.godhatesfags.com. Lovely message there, isn't it?) and these people are ******** busy. They have several protests a day. Why the ******** aren't these people working instead? Who the hell supports them?

WOW I skimmed the site and I must say I have NEVER seen such a HATEFUL and angry place. eek and I've been to 4chan! xd

Dio is an inspiration to everyone who loves the Metal. He will be missed, but above all he will be REMEMBERED!

For those about to rock in the afterlife. WE SALUTE YOU! (AC/DC ref I KNOW, but it fits. ^_^)  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games