Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:18 am
Avatars. It's the mini version of yourself that walks around Gaia since we can't shrink ourselves down and hop into our computers (yet). Avatars are a way of showing off aspects of your personality to people who don't really know you.

However, I noticed something about my own avatar recently. xd I haven't the foggiest clue why, but I have a tendancy to dress my avatar in somewhat revealing clothes. Very often I use the black genie vest underneath another top to make it look like Kyla's wearing a top that juuuust barely blocks her boobs from view. This is ENTIRELY contrary to my own dressing style. xd I would never ever in a million years even WANT to leave the house in something that just baaaaarely covered me. And yet, when I'm dressing up Kyla, and I find a combo I like, I go, "Oooh! Sexy! I likes it!" lol It makes me wonder if people ever get the wrong impression about me as a person, based on my avatar.

So ATG, how does your avatar differ from you, or how is it the same? And I'm not really talking about stuff like "Well obviously I'm not half cat and I don't have blue skin or lightning comming out of my eyeballs." I mean more like...styles of clothing, favorite colors, and such.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:27 am
I dress fancy and crazy on gaia, and casual irl. Therefore, I don't judge people based on their avi.  

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:37 am
I do it too. Half the things Rica on Gaia wears I'd NEVER wear...at least in public. XD

Maybe around certain people though. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:45 am
My avatar does not resemble real-life me at all! I do not have buck teeth! I also never wear gold in real life, but my avatar does all the time. And I usually have her hair be curly, whereas my actual hair is very straight. And, you know, the wacky outfits....

My avatar's look varies quite often, so I don't really know if I ever go for a consistent look. I tend to just try out different color combos based on new items and poses I get. Like, what my avatar currently looks like is because I liked this hat from the Dappy Dandy and tried to match around it.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:04 am
My avi looks nothing like me. For starters I have mid length curl/wavy brown hair not the massive length of blue-black ringlets Elci has. Also I have brown not gray eyes. (and obviously no elf ears in RL)

Clothing wise though I do dress Elci how I think it would be fun to dress up if I had nothing better to spend loads of money on. But she does end up in a larger number of short skirts than I do.
So I guess my love of costuming and dressing up all fancy come through more on Elcia than it does in real life. But dressing up is a time consuming expensive hassle in real life, on gaia it's relatively simple.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:21 pm
If only it were socially acceptable to wear some of our Gaia items out into the real world. But gosh durn it...people think you're a weirdo for some reason if you run around in public with a giant red scarf tied over your face xd

((Although, I do have a real OMFG and I do wear that in public sometimes....screw the "norm" xd ))  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:11 pm
I wish I was a classy enough mother ******** in real life to wear a suit and top hat everywhere, but alas, I am not :/  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:33 pm
It'd be awesome if you did tho. I think there should be international tuxedo day, where it is socially acceptable for all guys to just run around in tuxes all day. I've yet to see a guy who didn't look awesome in a tuxedo.

...kilts too for that matter... ninja  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:48 pm
Man should all have to wear snazzy suits and tuxedos every day.

I would die of happy.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:24 pm
wakusei
Man should all have to wear snazzy suits and tuxedos every day.

I would die of happy.

Yush~

In terms of physical appearance, the main one is the hair. I love my avi's hair, but IRL, I'm rather attached to my long hair (not as long as Chex's of course, but it's a fair bit past my shoulders). Clothing-wise, I'm more casual than my avi (Yaaaaay for being fairly low-maintenance!). Also, I've been putting her in skirts and heels a lot lately; IRL, I'm more of a pants and sneakers kind of person. Also, hats don't seem to work for me as well as they do for her. I'm only a little jealous.

invisible-weirdo

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:32 pm
Well, I don't have blue hair, and I don't wander around in bikini bottoms, tights, and galoshes. blaugh I look absolutely nothing like my avatar.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:29 pm
Well, I do have brown hair and blue eyes. But other than that, my avi is nothing like me. It rarely looks like anything I wear, although at times they are things that I would want to.  

pickle relish

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:41 pm
...yeah, I don't even have white hair either...

so yeah, my avi is nothing like me.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:22 pm
If I had a nice suit and top hat, and cane, and pocket watch, and pipe, and cane... I'd totally where it EVERY DAY. Wash that s**t every night and be ready to rock in the morning. I'd be pimp as hell walking around my city and introducing myself as Count HugeBalls McIronShaft the Third. I'd also tell everyone I could about my VERY curvy p***s. I'm delightful, you're welcome.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:45 am
Well my Avatar is a girl with saurai swords, fox ears and an octopus on its head. Certainly not how I dress normally xD  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff