Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
HOW TO MAKE SUBFORUM? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iiPinkStar

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:53 pm
i said:

a friend of mine here in gaia started a guild..
i am the vice captain.. i want to help her in making forums..
but i really dont know how..
heart heart heart

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:19 pm

First, click on the tab at the top that says "Moderator Panel". Then, go to edit forums (it's under Captain controls).

You'll see a little thing on the right that says "purchase subforum" if you want to buy one (it takes money out the guild account...btw, the only way guild funds can be used is for making subforums and sending announcements). You can also change the name of subforums and designate them as crew only or not.

Paradoxismminant

iiPinkStar

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:53 pm
i said:

thank you!!! n_n..
heart heart heart

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:59 pm
Paradoxismminant

First, click on the tab at the top that says "Moderator Panel". Then, go to edit forums (it's under Captain controls).

You'll see a little thing on the right that says "purchase subforum" if you want to buy one (it takes money out the guild account...btw, the only way guild funds can be used is for making subforums and sending announcements). You can also change the name of subforums and designate them as crew only or not.

i said:

how can a guild earn money? i mean.. except.. from donations and fee... is there any other way?
heart heart heart

iiPinkStar

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:52 am
ii_hilda_ii

how can a guild earn money? i mean.. except.. from donations and fee... is there any other way?
heart heart heart
Fees and donations are the two ways to put money into the guild account.
So you have to "donate" your own gold, wait for other people to donate or make an entry fee to join.

Just as Paradox said, the gold in the guild account is only for announcements and subforums. You can't take gold out of that account for any other reason. So be careful. Don't donate all of your gold. You will not get your gold back.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:03 am
ii_hilda_ii
Paradoxismminant

i said:

heart heart heart

No, those are the only way. Don't donate a whole lot, or make the entry fee high--you cannot use the money for contests or anything like that, as sdrawkcab said.

Paradoxismminant

iiPinkStar

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:45 pm
i said:

can the president withdraw the money in the forum?!?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:05 pm
Well that depends on what you mean. If you mean withdraw gold from the guild itself, then yes, I suppose thats true. But like the others said, it can only be spent on sending out guild announcements and purchasing new subforums. You can't just take it from the guild and use it on whatever you want. So, once gold is donated, it can't be withdrawn for personal purposes, only guild-related activities. This is why its advised that you don't donate a lot unless you're willing to give up a lot of gold and are going MAJOR guild renovations. Plus, any member of the guild can donate gold, so I doubt you'll be the only one providing ^-^

I do hope thats what you meant -.- otherwise, I apologize for making you read my rant xD

asmindys

Sparkly Phantom

iiPinkStar

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
The Zexy Log
Well that depends on what you mean. If you mean withdraw gold from the guild itself, then yes, I suppose thats true. But like the others said, it can only be spent on sending out guild announcements and purchasing new subforums. You can't just take it from the guild and use it on whatever you want. So, once gold is donated, it can't be withdrawn for personal purposes, only guild-related activities. This is why its advised that you don't donate a lot unless you're willing to give up a lot of gold and are going MAJOR guild renovations. Plus, any member of the guild can donate gold, so I doubt you'll be the only one providing ^-^

I do hope thats what you meant -.- otherwise, I apologize for making you read my rant xD

i said:

no... it helps.. thanks!

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces