Submit

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:03 pm
So, I made an important discovery today. I don't know why it wasn't obvious before, but it became clear to me today.

There IS a Hell, and it IS hot. It also goes by another name: New Mexico.

The temperature right now is 87 degrees Fahrenheit. It has cooled down considerably since earlier today, but it's still hot. And I spent most of my day outside.

I used to be able to deal with weather like this with no problem, my heat resistance seems to have disappeared.

Time to spoonfeed: Weather! Everyone's favorite small talk conversation, right? How's the weather in your area? Is your normal climate warm, cold, just right? Oh, and does someone perhaps have a freezer I can go lock myself in?  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:31 pm
Is it really only 87 in NM right now? It's 93 degrees where I am in Texas and I've heard AZ's been in the mid-90s all week.

Also, I'm very glad that I'm a recluse, where there's nice air conditioning =D

Texas weather is very very strange and almost bipolar. In January, one week was absolutely freezing (I wasn't there for that week =P), the next was in the 60s, and the next was back in the 30-40s. And in the summer it gets hot. Hot and humid (I hate humidity. I really, really do.)

AZ weather is not as batshit insane, but it is at this time that it starts getting horribly hot. Because it is a desert. And desert heat sucks, as you probably know.

invisible-weirdo

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:32 pm
it's nice 22 degrees Celsius here...kinda breezy too...

But the weather here is so random...  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:41 pm
Oh no... hotter weather on both sides... I'm being flanked! gonk  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:23 pm
It has been nice but from here on out I start to concoct ways to migrate away from the heat. -_-  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:34 pm
Heat? What heat? It got to a balmy 48 F (or 9 C) today in Calgary. xD  

Kerrigan_dragon

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Awe! Too bad Roland can't mail you hot weather Kerri.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:12 pm
Might be a bit more tempted to mail myself, Elcia.

HOSHIT. eek If it was legal, I'd totally do it.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 pm
That's t-shirt weather.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:49 pm
Pay a visit to the outback on geological study in dead summer (Winter in the north). No where else is too hot again.  

Oddplume

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:29 am
If I have done my Fahrenheit to Celsius calculations correctly, 87F (30-31C) is hot sure, but it sure ain't hell. If anything, that is in my comfort zone. Your heat resistance has indeed disappeared. If it were more like 40C (104F) then sure, that's kind of hellish.

In contrast, I have little to no tolerance for the cold. It's heading towards winter here and the temps are in the low 20s (degrees C). It makes me sad.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:26 am
It's 42 F.....in May. I swear I hate Michigan weather sometimes. It's been pretty gloomy for the past two days or so too so I haven't been walking either. Cause I don't want it to randomly rain on my face when I don't have a umbrella.

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:54 am
[ Terra ]
If I have done my Fahrenheit to Celsius calculations correctly, 87F (30-31C) is hot sure, but it sure ain't hell. If anything, that is in my comfort zone. Your heat resistance has indeed disappeared. If it were more like 40C (104F) then sure, that's kind of hellish.

D: How can 30C be your COMFORT ZONE? You people are strange. crying 30C is the point where I am sticking my bedding in the freezer so I can sleep for the first five minutes of the night. Where I absolutely refuse to go outside because I feel like I'm gonna melt.

40C is right out. I refuse to exist in that temperature. >_>

Also, your calculations are correct. :3

[ Terra ]
In contrast, I have little to no tolerance for the cold. It's heading towards winter here and the temps are in the low 20s (degrees C). It makes me sad.

Now the low 20s, that's closer to my comfort zone. Closer, but not quite. I like things around 15-20C, 59-68F. Or even down to freezing. I like the air with a bit of chill sometimes. That's perfect weather for a light jacket and some hot chocolate, right there.

When it's the dead of winter and I'm more used to the cold, -10C (14F) is a lovely temperature. smile In the dead of winter, that's t-shirt weather.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 am
My body cannot handle anything below 58 degrees F. =[

I need to be baked by the sun.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200