Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Should I Make A Website For the Guild Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I Make A Website For the Guild
Yea
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

LightNinja97

450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:01 pm
I think the guild should have their own website. What do u guys think  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:04 pm
if u can do it.no one can stop you  

bk phenox

4,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:17 pm
User Image

All official NSTG projects have to be endorsed and established by the Captain herself. Though your intentions may be good, you can't create an official website of something you don't own - especially with the Gaian Terms of Service in place.

Besides - why would we need another website? Everything we need is right here! wink

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:42 am
Maybe to better host our events? IDK but yeah. It would be a hell of a lot of work to do. Unless you have experience with website security, be prepared to have your site DoSd, spammed, injected with code, etc. In short you have your work cut out for you.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

LS95

Beloved Rogue

7,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 am
If she does say its ok, can u include to link in my sig for protoman's theme[full](It's really cool cool its from megaman 3 not megaman 5)  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:45 am
User Image

I'll send her a PM, but the answer is probably going to be "no." You can't create an official website for something you don't own.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:48 am
maui boy no ka oi
Maybe to better host our events? IDK but yeah. It would be a hell of a lot of work to do. Unless you have experience with website security, be prepared to have your site DoSd, spammed, injected with code, etc. In short you have your work cut out for you.
User Image

... We already host events here. neutral And another website is completely unnecessary, for one thing; secondly, I strongly doubt Kitty is going to support this. I certainly don't.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:26 am
Hi LightNinja, Johor, Ls95, and Maui,

Ebony contacted me about this suggestion. We certainly appreciate your feedback, but I just want to let you know what my line of thought is concerning a guild website.

Really, there is no point in creating a website for the guild. Our guild is only useful for those already using Gaia, so the best venue for its content is where it currently is.

I also would not endorse the establishment of a website not created and regulated by my own crew. The crew members are on the NSTG Crew because they are literate, organized and capable. It would be irresponsible of me as captain to allow someone whose credentials I do not know and who does not have an extensive history with this guild to create a website representing this guild and its administration.

I speak from experience, too -- before Gaia created guild newsletters, we had a guild Yahoo! Groups page (which I personally established and managed), and it was rarely used by our members. It became a chore to keep up with a feature that was infrequently utilized.

We have enough going on in this guild that could use more participation, such as guild events. If we moved some of our operations offsite, it would decrease the use of the guild itself, which certainly is something I would not want.

I hope I have adequately explained my reasoning, and I do genuinely thank you for taking such an interest in the guild to propose this idea. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Kitty
NSTG Captain  

KittyKat62

Elemental Doll

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:27 am
Ebony the Peacian
maui boy no ka oi
User Image

... We already host events here. neutral And another website is completely unnecessary, for one thing; secondly, I strongly doubt Kitty is going to support this. I certainly don't.

I have to agree. I also doubt she would allow this, and isn't Gaia enough?
It would be understandable if Gaia was closing down, but right now I don't see why we would need a website.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:40 am

@ Elemental: If Gaia closed down, this guild would be unnecessary and there would be no need to move its contents elsewhere. Why supply resources and events for a defunct website?

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:49 pm
User Image

That's what I was thinking, too. What's the point of another website if all of the events, guides, resources, and fun is right here? Even if the Gaia apocalypse were at hand (I can imagine the chaos that would ensue), what would be the purpose of a Newbie Supporting and Training Guild?  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:38 am
We could rename the site using the same abbr. like the Neo-Stegano of Twelve Gaians (considering there are 12 active crew members by my count). Still IDK if there would be a common agreement upon the group (or if we could even get in touch with each other if gaia goes down) so yeah.

Coincidentally this happens to be the 12th post in the thread.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:23 pm
maui boy no ka oi
We could rename the site using the same abbr. like the Neo-Stegano of Twelve Gaians (considering there are 12 active crew members by my count). Still IDK if there would be a common agreement upon the group (or if we could even get in touch with each other if gaia goes down) so yeah.

Coincidentally this happens to be the 12th post in the thread.
User Image

I'm not sure if you're joking here, but I have to say I lol'd at the "Neo-Segano of the Twelve Gaians."  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:30 pm
Daypaw

@ Elemental: If Gaia closed down, this guild would be unnecessary and there would be no need to move its contents elsewhere. Why supply resources and events for a defunct website?

I understand what you mean, but I meant like maybe a website to find all of the great people here in the guild. ^^ If Gaia is ever closed down (which I am not saying it is or will be), then wouldn't it be nice to get to talk to your friends in the guild once again?

Elemental Doll

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces