Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
McDonalds after 10 weeks. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:51 am
This is not for anyone with a weak stomach.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1029858/mcdonalds_food_the_truth/

10 Weeks and the fries look BRAND NEW?! Thats not right man! I mean given the fact everything else like the sandwiches and hamburgers actually degraded says atleast McDonalds is using SOMETHING organic in the food, which I strongly empthasize that word "something." Oh and as for they're famous ice cream? It's actually another biproduct from the plastic/rubber industries apparantly.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:58 am
a lot of food is made from really horrible things. You want fast food? You have to eat junk basically. :/  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

No Sex For You

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:13 am
I don't eat fast food... and now I'm very glad I don't. D:

THOSE FRIES. THEY JUST WON'T DIE.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:20 am
I... try to keep the fast food down. Especially after tonight. I had three slices of pizza for dinner, and nightmares all night! And woke up sick once! crying  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:33 am
Oh wow that's really terrible. D:  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:35 am
Thank god I've stopped eating McDonalds years ago.

I still eat fast food though...just Jack In The Box like, once every 2 months.

Khraleon

Demonic Hero

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:46 am
yup seen said movie when it was on... ugh i think comedy central? idk.. but man he sure got a gut after doing the whole McDonalds food only thing for however long it was.

It was pretting intresting to see how the different foods degraded too...  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:42 am
I've seen Supersize Me and I don't remember that clip. Gross mad
Makes me glad I don't eat fast food.  

scrub
Crew

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:17 am
It took the guy several months after the supersize me movie to go back to being in relatively healthy shape too. During the show he rapidly began to lose fitness and the food was making him depressed and soon enough he was sexually disfunctional too.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:22 am
scrub
I've seen Supersize Me and I don't remember that clip. Gross mad
Makes me glad I don't eat fast food.
how can you not remember that clip =o

I mean that is the most memerable part of it to me... well that and him throwing up a few times after some meals ^.^;  

wo_nyrmo

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:16 pm
Am I the only one who thought that was cool?  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:42 pm
Um, guys... It's really not that hard to figure out why the fries end up like that. Doesn't your usual food bacteria & mold need a supply of air and water to grow? McDonald's fries are very small compared to the regular fries, and are deep fried to s**t, drying out their innards and saturating their surface with oil. Oil is not something mold can grow in easily unless there's enough water and nutrients sitting in there to sustain it. If you see mold in a vat of dirty oil, it's not the oil growing the mold, it's the remnants of food and water left in the used oil because they're floating at the oil surface exposed to the air.

There's a high probability that those small cut fries are really saturated with the oil which acts like a preservative against growth and decomposition. The burger's have no such luck since they weren't deep fried. Stuck in a clean jar like that with nothing else to go against it, those fries ain't goin' nowhere.

I mean it's still a pretty gross notion, but some of you act like they're injecting creepy anti-death preservatives into those fries when for the most part it's really just how they cook it.

@Omega Llemur: I thought it was pretty hilarious, myself.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Adorky
Crew

Eloquent Demigod

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:43 pm
A jar of enclosed air for a few months doesn't account for your stomach acids actually breaking food down. They are two different process. ^^

That being said, Margarine isn't really butter. It's basically plastic in essence. American cheese isn't yellow. Butter isn't yellow, either.

What about gum? People swallow that all the time and it looks the same after YEARS of being out in the open, let alone in jars.

Eating Mcdonalds daily (which is what the man did) is bad for you, which is why 90% of people only eat it from time to time. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:41 pm
Adorky
Butter isn't yellow, either.

Except when they start throwing in the food dye to make it "look" tasty. But that's a whole 'nother can o' worms right there xD  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:48 pm
~*~

Thank you, Juni and Krissy.

Fast food isn't anywhere near healthy, but really? Nipping at a Happy Meal once in a while isn't going to make you keel over.

~*~

The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces