Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:35 pm
So, sometimes we work jobs that aren't the best, but we find ways of bringing fun into it. Sometimes this comes in the form of goofy novelty items for one's desk, and other times it manifests as weird games that you play with your co-workers that customers/bosses remain oblivious to.

For me, it's drawing ducks. I can draw a little duck really really fast. So when I work at the "sandwich station" for the day, I draw ducks on a whole stack of sandwich wrappers, which are distributed to customers when they order their food. xp It amuses the heck out of me. I also end up drawing ducks on places where I have to write expiration dates, for example on the giant tubs of cream cheese. When I draw a duck on something like this, I usually give it a few extra details like: pirate accessories, Britney Spears attire, sunglasses...the list goes on and on. My co-workers always know it's me who portioned out the sausage and egg patties, when they find a duck with a mohawk or a monocle scribbled on the cover sheet.

So ATG, how do you amuse yourself whilst working for "the man"?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:53 pm
Well, when I worked at the Butcher shop, when we were cleaning up for the night, the floor was nice and slippery...we'd slide across the whole shop, and see who could go the furthest without falling over ^_^  

Arcanas

Hunter

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:19 pm
that sounds like lots of fun you guys, unfortunately I'm not in a job where I can do much in the way of fun. Most of it is rather monotonous. I don't have any co-workers, the jobs are always different, and if you "Add" something to the end product people say "WTF?" more then take it as a joke. Best I can do is bring my music to the job and hope it's not too boring.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 pm
Just talking about random stuff with my coworkers makes it better. I don't even know what we talk about half the time, but it's really funny a lot of the time. I don't know how many times I've burst into laughter at work.

I'm starting a new part-time job on Monday, so we'll see what I do for entertainment at that one~  

Kerrigan_dragon

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:20 pm
The duck doodling sounds adorable~ If my sandwich came with a little pirate duck, it'd make me smile 3nodding

As for me, I've never had an actual job before ^^; Closest thing was some volunteer work I did a few years back. I was working in one of the offices in the hospital my dad worked at and it was all very mundane. I'd either be typing something up or filing stuff or making outpatient pack things for the folks just out of surgery and to be honest after that first day I knew I'd go crazy if I didn't have something to help (I'm apparently not suited for 8 hours of primarily working in a cubicle. It's.....no. No.). So for the subsequent 'work' days, I brought in my dad's iPod to listen to while I worked (I didn't have my own at the time so I had to borrow his). I only ever put in one earbud though and I made sure it wasn't too loud so it wouldn't interfere with my duties. Sadly, my last week there they told me that new policy stated we couldn't bring in stuff like that anymore so that week was pretty long >.>

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:29 pm
I work in a call centre, so I'm a little limited as to what I can do for fun.

When I was on the phones, me and a few of my team members would sing the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song (each of us alternating a line) while the customers were on hold. If I remember correctly, Tae was involved in that one.

A few times on the weekend we brought in a Wii or a 360 and played games.

We've also set up a make-shift golf course in our row, but HR decided it was a "health and safety hazard".

Now, I can't really do that stuff, but the agents I supervise are really great at keeping things from getting too boring. They organize potlucks, and created a "birthday wall" for everyone on our team. They decorated my desk with all these paper flowers and origami, once. We're all pretty close.

PixiecuTT

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:21 am
Gawds, this just reminds me how dreadfully boring factory work is. When I worked at the local cookie factory, we weren't even allowed to have shirts that had printed logos or words on them. (The stuff could fall off into the product) No music, (The headphones could get caught in the machines) No cellphones. (Distracting. Also, the only rule that everyone (Myself included) broke) Shirts had to be tucked in... Hell, I even had to take out my earring. (My earring at the time was a stainless steel chainmaille ring, it had to be cut out.)

I didn't have anyone to talk with most of the time, I was palletizing by myself most of the time. After a bit, someone was hired to palletize with me. He quit a few days later, the same day I quit.

Before that, I worked under the table as a lot boy at a mechanic/auto dealership/car customization shop. I worked there for two weeks, cleaning the place outside, moving bumpers and crap... absolutely loved it. It was my first job, I was making money myself. I didn't need to try to make it fun, I enjoyed every second of it.

Second week on the job, I got sick and was fired because of it. gonk Since it was an under the table job, there was nothing I could do about it.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games