Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Too much at once?/rant

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll?
  yessir
  =]
View Results

MsBritt

Conservative Millionaire

6,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:03 pm
I'm 19 and have been out of school for almost a year now and I'm now just getting on track with things.I go to school for STNA in June ( it's only a two week course but pays more than minimum wage.)Not my true passion but aside from Criminal Justice I wanted to go in the nursing field.But I don't have time to go to school for Criminal Justice because I have my own stuff
to pay and since I no longer live with my dad,I'm on my own.So I decided to do the 3rd thingI've wanted to do. (Business is my second passion)And on top of things I am probably going to get thisjob at a Shell gas station.Which I mean is nice and after the two week STNA course, they hook me up with a temp job for experience.So I'll have two jobs.Im going to try my best to handle two.With what I want to do by a certain time I'll need two jobs.It irritates me that it took this long to find a job
( and really my sister in law asked for a favor she knows the manager at shell) And everything is happening so close. But I mean I got to take what I can get. Because my friend in California and I have decided to Move to Las Vegas.I told her it can't be now,and even though Vegas's rent and stuff is kinda cheap that we still got to save up.I was born and partially
raised in Vegas. So It's going back to home really. But I'm so stressed out that in two years I wont be able to save up all the money I want to so I am secure when I move back.I'm also just scared about moving in general. Idk It's a fear of leaving my family from my dads side ( though I no longer speak to my dad ) I've grown so attached in some of their lives. Like my cousins kids ( I call her my second mom,) and they have anger issues and such due to traumatic issues that happened when they were like 5 and 3.And I am very close in their lives. I'm like a sister to them. I'll miss them to death. But when I move back to vegas It'll be my first time technically being on my own, even though my mom will move in with me so I can takecare of her. But It's just scary. I really want to save a set amount and have everything planned but nothing always goes according to plan.Two years seems like forever, but its not.and I'm not really good at saving money. And thats the only thing that holds me back of moving.But I can't stay in Ohio. I hate it here. And it's just too much nonsense and drama with my dad up here to deal with.He even manages to get to me without seeing him in person! I want this Vegas thing to work.. I really do. But I'm so afraid being an STNA only cant get me really far in Vegas and I want to do other mini college courses things to be certified in other things as backup.And I miss Vegas I really do.But the thought to move once again and leave everything again that I've grown attached to..and money the most important thing needed for a successful move.I don't see why I'd be scared to move back to my hometown...I'm planning and planning things even though it's two years away, but you need that type of planning,and as I plan I stress out about the money and when
and where with who etc... I'm glad I'll be getting a job at Shell and a temp job for STNA ( then finding a perm.job right after) and have two jobs. But I've been trying all this since I got out of highs school so it wouldnt be so bunched up at once.And now I'm stressed about something
two years away...
(Sorry about the stretch I can't seem to fix it :/ )  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:22 am
Don't beat yourself up about only getting established now. The average American changes their career seven times. So, chances are what you begin with will be significantly different that what you "end up" doing. So expect that it will take some time to sort out your direction.

Moving to another state is scary. Especially when you're young but don't let your fear of it prevent you from living your dreams. And, money may get tight but, if you're clever with it you might come up short some weeks and, ahead the others. Just remember to save when you're in front. C:  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

[ s e m p e r ]

Distinct Explorer

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:02 am
That was quite the long read, maybe next a tl;dr version at the bottom? razz

I'm not really a giant risk taker so moving to somewhere with such an unstable economy like Vegas sounds like a bad idea to me, but people, anyone can make it anywhere with enough hard work and some luck.

Since you are on the younger side of adulthood, from my experience, Mezri has a good point, we change careers lots of times so, yes, don't beat yourself up over finding the perfect one now.

I'd like to also add though, the nursing field is an excellent option these days. There are shortages of nurses, ST, PA, etc all over America. And schooling for some of these programs can be as little as 2 years.

I stepped away from my computer for a moment and I have totally forgotten what else I wanted to add. *le sigh*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:45 am
Mezri& semper-Yeah it's kinda long. xD

I actually think Vegas isn't an unstable economy. They didn't need bailout money they were stable. But thats not that recent. I havn't looked much into it since.

It's not that I want to change careers. I just want multiple, and I really wanted to do Criminal Justice right off the bat.

Yeah the nursing field is an excellent field.Thats another reason why I am glad I kinda got in the nursing field now, in case I didnt fall through down the road, it's always a job that you'd more than likely be bale to find easier than any other career.I'm hoping to become and LPN or something to that extent but I don't know if I want to start it now, or after I move.

@Mezri- I just don't want to move down there with not enough money. I plan on shortly before I move, fly to vegas and go through a process of having a job when I move down there. Or else I won't move until I do. I'm the type to plan out every detail and gets stressed when something,anything happens that isnt in the plan. I'm just cautious.

And I'm not good with saving money. Im going to do my best to put money away and not touch it. Or at least find someone to hold onto my money and not let me touch it.  

MsBritt

Conservative Millionaire

6,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items