Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Suites, I got stranded!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crack into a slim jim!
  Uh, it's not what it looks like, officer.
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:58 pm
So like... my mom and I were on our way to watch an international kiteboarding tournament, and we stopped for gas. I always lock the door when I get out of the car, but this time... the keys were inside. And there we were. Without enough money for a locksmith. For one hour we just called various locksmiths and begged people for coat hangers or slim jims.

We'd JUST about decided to walk home and break into the apartment to get my keys, when a cable guy took pity on us and used a metal bar and some copper wire to try to get in. And then his friend drove up and they both started trying. And then a girl came and got involved, too. It took another hour.

Our car door is pretty much totaled, but we got in! surprised But there was NO wind, so they had to postpone the tournament another day.

So, uh... adventure?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:29 pm
Oh i got a story for you xD

I went to watch a roller derby bout last weekend in Brisbane (which is a major city for those who don't know.)

Those of us who went up are from the suburbs ie...nowhere near as big.

Anyway we got lost (several times xD ) and somehow ended up driving down a one way street (Brissie is full of them ) THE WRONG WAY!!! The poor girl driving almost died when we realised xP

Eventually we made it to the convention centre (after parking the car and getting lost again while walking the rest of the way and having to ask a couple of police officers for help xP )

Yet we had no issues getting home lol  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:17 pm
Man that sucks. D:
I haven't had a car where it was possible to lock the keys inside. XD

And. After I read this, it reminded me of something but it was just a vague memory. I was like ...did I help someone get into their car? I don't think so... Did I dream it? Did I see it in a movie? D8 Now I'm pretty sure it was a story on This American Life. There's something wrong with me. o_o  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:13 pm
last time that happened to someone I know they was near a firestation so lucky for them they got the firefighters to help with on of their handy unlock tools.  

wo_nyrmo

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:59 am
I don't get how people do this. How did you lock the door if your keys where inside?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 am
scrub
I don't get how people do this. How did you lock the door if your keys where inside?

Simple! You press the little doohickey button on the door that says "Lock". And then proceed to leave the keys in the car and Presto! You're magically locked out of your car wink

My mom did this way too often when I was growing up, so I'm pretty paranoid about that sweatdrop  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:42 pm
I have never seen a car that you could lock from the outside without keys or one of those electric things that goes "doop doop"
There are things on the door but they're on the inside to...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:14 pm
I've never owned a car where it was possible to do. XD But I have known others who did. There was even one idiotic design that automatically locked the doors for you when you closed the door. Wow, that's a great idea. rolleyes  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:28 pm
scrub

Like Juni said - this car has a device that prevents the doors from locking if the keys are in the ignition and the doors are open. But if you take the keys out of the ignition and drop them into your purse, the car doesn't know, and it lets you lock the doors with a push-button. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:53 pm
Like Szen, I've never owned a car where that was possible. Never known anyone it happened to either.

*hug* Will it cost much to repair the door?  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:22 pm
Eh.... the way money is in our family, the door just won't be repaired. We'll put towels on the seats when it rains. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:40 pm
Want a sympathy hug? *holds our arms*  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:28 pm
Wow, where you're all from must have serious security issues. All of the cars I have had have not had a security system so, you push the lock down then close the door. Bam, keys locked in the car. I don't know any Australian who does not know how to open the lock with packing tape. C:

So the situation of keys in car is all too familiar... that and forgetting where you parked it. I hope the damage on your door is not expensive to fix. :/  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games