Submit

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:46 am
Happy Earth Day!! 2010

User Image Welcome, since I did not see a topic forum for earth day, I made one, hope no one minds ^_^
On this glourious day of awareness we celabrate a the planet that we live on, and also need to take care of.
But for me this day is even better because it is also my boyfriends birthday!!! mrgreen

User Image
Topics to discuss:
1.) What does earth day mean to you?
2.) What do you do to celebrate earth day?
3.) Is there more you wish you could do to contribute?
4.) And anything else related to earth day. ^_^

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 am
I don't really do anything, but everytime it comes around I think about having a tree that could provide fruit. I dont have a house now, so I can't, but it's something I want to do.  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 am
Every Earth Day I go about with this song stuck in my head.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 pm
Earth day always reminds me about all the different places on the earth, the different environments, different people, cultures, customs, and it makes me wonder how those different people celebrate earth day.

It also make me miss my homeland (Canada), it just seemed more green there than where I currently live. I celebrated earth day yesterday, by appreciating nature, I took a nap outside under a huge tree, and ended up getting sun burnt in the process, but it was totally worth it. mrgreen

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:35 pm
I was thinking about something....

The earth has one day of which we celebrate it. Humans have one day in which we celebrate them....

Does that mean that today is the earth's birthday?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:04 pm
No. The Earth is a Libra.  

Kerrigan_dragon

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:08 am
What did I do...

Oh yeazh! I went for a drive, and burned an entire tank of gas, in a car that has had it's catalytic converter removed. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am
@Arc: Um... yay? confused

One year, Portland covered all the trees in the downtown core area with black plastic to show what Portland would look like without trees. I called into the local radio station to suggest in its honor, they should play Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi ("Paved paradise, put up a parking lot") ^_^ (Which they DID! mrgreen )  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:55 am
How do we know Earth is a Libra?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:57 am
aretoo
@Arc: Um... yay? confused

One year, Portland covered all the trees in the downtown core area with black plastic to show what Portland would look like without trees. I called into the local radio station to suggest in its honor, they should play Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi ("Paved paradise, put up a parking lot") ^_^ (Which they DID! mrgreen )
sure! all the car guys did it ^_^ Nothing like the smell of 91-93 Oct being burned in the air.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:33 am
God-Raped-Me
How do we know Earth is a Libra?

The Earth is a Libra because Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman said so. What more evidence do you need?

Thus reads the passage from their book "Good Omens"

Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
Archbishop James Usher (1580-1656) published Annales Veteris et Novi Testamenti in 1654, which suggested that the Heaven and the Earth were created in 4004 B.C. One of his aides took the calculation further, and was able to announce triumphantly that the Earth was created on Sunday the 21st of October, 4004 B.C., at exactly 9:00 A.M., because God liked to get work done early in the morning while he was feeling fresh.
This too was incorrect. By almost a quarter of an hour.
This proves two things.
Firstly, that God moves in extremely mysterious, not to say, circuitous ways. ...
Secondly, the Earth's a Libra.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:45 pm
1.) What does earth day mean to you?

My birthday is on that day.

2.) What do you do to celebrate earth day?

My birthday?

3.) Is there more you wish you could do to contribute?

Not sure, I was born before Earth Day was called Earth Day. I guess I could just stay indoors instead of driving around when I have Liberty.

4.) And anything else related to earth day.

So, this Earth Day...am i suppose to forget everything I know about my religion on this day and worship the earth?  

Prinniesdood

3,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items