Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Tutorials
Corsets & Chest-Binders - Oh, my! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:00 am
For those of you males who are curious about binding your family jewels for a tight cosplay, I bought the Champs brand compression shorts (two of them, since they ran a size larger than I use), and they worked well for binding me while wearing a morphsuit and leotard for bomnberman!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:44 am
I think that your bust size somewhat dictates which route you want to go in when it comes to binding vs compression.

Personally, I've used binding many times in the past, simply because it was available... and it never occurred to be that there might be compression tops out there.

I've used a layering method, which works pretty well. First I put on one of my tighter sports bras, then bind (using the ACE bandages for knees. They're wider, so it's easier to deal with), and then use a sports top (long version of a sports bra) over top to further press myself down and to keep things in place.

You'd probably think I'm rather busty by my precautions... That's not true at all. I'm just one of those people who really prefers it being as tightly wrapped as possible while still being able to comfortably breathe. This year though, I am getting a compression top. This is mostly due to the fact that I have problems with my upper spine that don't mix well with the ACE bandages.  

Son Goshi-kun

Distinct Hunter

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:47 pm
unfortunately I wouldn't need to bind my chest to cross-play, just wear a sports bra. gonk

What corsets would be suggested to start off waist training? I've worn corsets before but none steel boned, does it have to be steel boned for best waist training? (I'm curious) I want my waist 1-3 inches smaller.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:53 pm
Quote:
1: Do any of you like to wear corsets when you cosplay?

I haven't yet. However, I will be wearing my corset, which I bought at an anime convention last year, with an outfit of mine to the same said anime convention this year. My corset is mostly purple with black trimming and golden holes (where the string goes through). It's my only corset.

Quote:
2: Do any of you wear them when you are out and about in regular clothing?

I have only worn my corset once to a birthday/graduation party last year. I wore it with a plain black shirt and jeans.

Quote:
3: Have any great finds you'd like to share?

I don't have any great finds. D:

As for chest binding, I haven't done it before, but I've been thinking of using it for future cosplays of L from Death Note and of Akito Sohma (in a casual black outfit) from Fruits Basket.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

yukia-fujiyuki

Thieving Rogue

5,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:27 pm
I haven't tried wearing a corset.... Must definitely try it out one day >]

I chest bind with a sports bra and bandages too - not very comfortable, and I have to make sure not to move too much for fear of loosening up the bandages. so I double layer just in case XD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:33 pm
I'm sure someone already said this, but, chest binding can very easily turn out very badly if you don't do it right!

so, anyone planning on doing such should do their research and/or ask for help with the binding.
The safer way to go is to get a binder. [I'm aware that they are not always an option, but, there are a few places that you can get them for cheaper. Just be careful]  

Chalked-Equality

Liberal Werewolf

6,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
Tutorials

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers