Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Tutorials
Corsets & Chest-Binders - Oh, my! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:06 pm
Hypocritical Persecution
For Christmas this year I asked for a chest binder from I think Underworks, so I could crossplay, but also for casual wear, because I cannot for the life me get comfortable wearing a bra, or even find a bra in the correct size. My mom told me no, that they didn't work, she'd tried them when she was younger, she wasn't going to buy one for me, especially sicne they are pricey.

I still need one, because I'm a 34DD, and ace bandage binding ain't gonna cut it D:

Being a DD myself, I can say that Underworks works wonders on my twinsies-- It doesn't get me completely flat, but since I've been crossplaying for years now, I go to the extremes and wrap around the compression shirt either with ace bandages/adhesive sports tape-- or in the few extreme extreme times, ducttape-- and with the wrapping over the shirt, I have a guy's chest :'D

I dunno how much longer I'll have to do all of that though since I'm looking into breast reduction surgery (it's not just because of the crossplays people, lol!) so if I go through with it, I'll probably end up getting a smaller compression shirt and not have to worry about wrapping over that P:

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:37 pm
My bra size is a 38B. Should I bind my chest? I'm a first time cosplayer and I wanted to know what someone thought... sweatdrop  

AshleyCarnival

FreakingCosmicKid

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:45 pm
XxLovely-SinnerxX
My bra size is a 38B. Should I bind my chest? I'm a first time cosplayer and I wanted to know what someone thought... sweatdrop

I'd say: If you have boobs, bind them down. Doesn't matter if they're small, just makes it easier for you! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:55 pm
User Image
When I did my cross play I used ace bandages.
They worked really well, the only problem I had was that they slid a bit. If using them make sure not to put them on too tight, or over exert yourself, it's really easy to lose your breath.
Note: I have a small bust size.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageBeeMovieSuits 5053/ಠ 3ಠ

Bee Movie Suit

Hoarding Hoarder

A Blue-Eyed Monster

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:53 pm
Same with my corset, I've got to invest in a steel-boned one - the plastic ribs don't cut it.

On a side note, I've been wearing it more and more everyday to get accustomed to it as summer progresses. I have a convention coming up in the dead of summer, and I'm afraid I won't be able to wear it without sweating all my make-up off or passing out.

Southern summers kill me every year.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:04 pm
I love love LOVE corsets. Too bad I don't have any.
But I do remember when I tried helping my friend bind with duct tape. We saw a tutorial where duct tape it used and the person doing it was very good at it--but we completely did it wrong. XD Needless to say, Sasuke went to the con with boobs.  

Strawberry Skank

AshleyCarnival

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:18 pm
DattebayoPrincess
XxLovely-SinnerxX

I'd say: If you have boobs, bind them down. Doesn't matter if they're small, just makes it easier for you! 3nodding

Thank you for your oopinion! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:50 pm
You have a lovely avatar, Sinner. ♥  

A Blue-Eyed Monster

Dapper Dabbler

ghosteroni

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:33 pm
I bind sometimes, although if you don't use thick enough bandages you're in for some paiiin~ 8D
I've done vests, corsets and plain ol' duct tape... the duct tape really hurts when taking it off and leaves skin feeling really raw.. Vests can be hard to breathe in when wearing em' at first... corsets are fun and i've tried pulling mine up to my boobs, making em' look a little more flat...pain...
I wonder if a combo of some of these would work o3o..
Dedicated cross-player =J

Oh, some advice I have... Stock up on lotion xD
*edit If you've got a larger chest, I've heard that binding may not be the most efficient..
Make sure you bind it super tight, and i've found if you have them slightly wet, it's a little easier.
You don't really have to use a bra unless you want to hurt yourself...
There are dozens of ways, just be careful to not hurt yourself x3  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:42 pm
salsababy2889
Hypocritical Persecution
For Christmas this year I asked for a chest binder from I think Underworks, so I could crossplay, but also for casual wear, because I cannot for the life me get comfortable wearing a bra, or even find a bra in the correct size. My mom told me no, that they didn't work, she'd tried them when she was younger, she wasn't going to buy one for me, especially sicne they are pricey.

I still need one, because I'm a 34DD, and ace bandage binding ain't gonna cut it D:

Being a DD myself, I can say that Underworks works wonders on my twinsies-- It doesn't get me completely flat, but since I've been crossplaying for years now, I go to the extremes and wrap around the compression shirt either with ace bandages/adhesive sports tape-- or in the few extreme extreme times, ducttape-- and with the wrapping over the shirt, I have a guy's chest :'D

I dunno how much longer I'll have to do all of that though since I'm looking into breast reduction surgery (it's not just because of the crossplays people, lol!) so if I go through with it, I'll probably end up getting a smaller compression shirt and not have to worry about wrapping over that P:

I've been looking into breast reduction surgery since I was 11, and I'm not sure if I want it. Some days I'd like smaller breasts, sometimes none at all. Since I'm a swimmer, I'd end up missing a lot of swimming in recovery, I probably won't.

I was looking at the ones from T-Kingdom, but now I've heard that they're really made for asians, who have shorter torsos, I'm looking more at Underworks. Less expensive there too.

Which binder do you use?  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

AshleyCarnival

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:25 pm
A Blue-Eyed Monster
You have a lovely avatar, Sinner. ♥

Why thank you! 3nodding
I love yours to!~  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:38 am
I've decided if I ever crossplay it will be with a custom corset for accuracy. I'm one of those people that'll either go all out on a cosplay, or not cosplay at all. I'm actually planning to get a special one made for a cosplay I'm doing with my brother, but I have to wait until my waist is a little more manageable.

I've heard using control top pantyhose with the legs cut off works really well with some ace bandages, for smoothing and security.

nadaniasang

Sugar Pucks

Indulgent Demigod

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:37 am
I love my corset. heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I wear it for period cosplay (Like Emma, Victorian Romance) and for Steampunk, but in the long run it really works wonders for the body when worn and trained properly.

I also love making them, so if anyone would ever be interested...(Shameless self-promotion ninja )

Though, I don't see how those who want to crossplay FtoM would use one. A corset is made to enhance the female figure, and with long-term use or tight-lacing (which I would never recommend) you will actually train your body into hourglass proportions. Definitely not masculine. confused  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:35 am
Well, hey, I'd totally be interested in what your price ranges are. Finding a place to buy a real corset in my state is like digging for gold. At least half of it's gonna be fool's.

Hit me up in a PM sometime. biggrin

nadaniasang

Jacky Strider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:41 pm
1: Do any of you bind your chests?
I do! biggrin I only cosplay as one girl, and all of the rest of mine are guys, so I prefer to do it. I use a single 2 or 3 inch Ace bandage wrapped around my torso a few times, which works well for me. Then again, I have a smaller chest.

2: Have any tips or tricks you'd like to share?
Be aware of how much you're going to walk around when you have it on. Your arms will rub against the wrap, and your breathing expands it, so it *will* slip. Just make sure to check it and adjust it every few hours. smile

Also, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but you can also do open-chest binding. It works well if you're doing a character with an open shirt. All you need is a roll of 1-inch medical tape. Tape one piece vertically over your nipples, and then go from one to the other around your back. Use multiple strips if necessary. Make sure it's loose enough that you can breathe, but tight enough that they won't fall out. You may need some lingere tape (also known as titty tape) to keep your shirt from flying open and showing your chest, though. smile

Hope that helped. biggrin  
Tutorials

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces