I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
My brain needs to stop doing this to me... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is "Be Our Guest" a little more sinister now?
  :talk2hand: THAT'S not disturbing
  Rule 34 rocks!
  I wonder if she uses Lumiere while performing her "work"
  Or the French Maid
  I said STOP IT ALREADY, brain!
  ...Er... Poll whore?
View Results

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:22 pm
So... I was washing the dishes, part of my brain spinning off onto tangents while the rest of my brain was merrily humming along, "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast in this case, when part 1 of brain said to part 2: "Wait, what was that? 'Thank goodness I've had the napkins freshly pressed?' But... aren't these all castle personnel (judging from their dancing prowess in the same number)?"

Oh Emmm Geee... Mrs. Potts is a sadist! It can't be pleasant being ironed, after all, and she had the staff *pressed*, even though they had no guests (save Maurice, whom I sincerely doubt was offered the fine linens) or likelihood of guests for the last ten years or so.

That being said, do we really want to know HOW Chip got chipped? Did France have any sort of CSD at this point? (Who am I kidding... Kids Chip's age would have been working away as boot blacks or matchstick sellers for a few years at this point.)

And... exactly how many siblings does Chip have? How long has Mrs. Potts been pumping 'em out? Is she a one-woman baby-factory, creating more staff for the castle? She'd have to be constantly pregnant, and how does she maintain her duties? And, hopefully for the staff, presumably the enchanted staff is in some sort of time stasis, otherwise Chip has been birthed since the curse. How does that even work?

And Gaston. No body, no death. And the castle was still enchanted when he took his header off the turret; I think it reached out and grabbed him on the way down and sucked him into the dungeons, where, chained to the wall, he awaits Mrs. Potts' "tender mercies".

So, yeah, brain. Stop it already. mrgreen

Discuss:
Rule 34
Disturbing thoughts
Meandering thoughts
Mental jukeboxes: do they EVER stop? :XP
Etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:24 pm
............D:  

invisible-weirdo

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:31 pm
I voted for the maid...

If the cups and tea set children ARE being created, who is the DAD?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 pm
.............. What? D:

My brain, she bleeds. D:

My childhood... crying

On another note, washing dishes does tend to let the mind wander a lot. I kinda like doing dishes for the quiet solitude of having my hands work while my brain can wander every which way. smile  

Kerrigan_dragon

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Wow Aretoo...

I don't think I've ever let my brain get that bad...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:15 am
Arcanas
Wow Aretoo...

I don't think I've ever let my brain get that bad...

Same here that's just something I never would have thought of. I do believe that those other cups were just magical and that some of the things weren't actually people. I think the spell just made everything come to life. So...

*keeps everyone childhood safe*  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 am
Mental jukeboxes: they never end.

If my brain could be readable to someone, it would be a radio station. I sh!t you not.

And...wooooooooooooow, aretoo, your brain is so meandering, it's in the Neverland now.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:46 am
Doesn't she "Thank the Lord" for the pressed napkins? That's even more extreme!

Beauty and the Beast troubles my mind often, and you bring up one reason why...Be Our Guest has a TON of inanimate objects dancing around...are there seriously THAT many people in the castle under enchantment?! I cannot fathom. I just pretend only a select few that talk and have faces are people, and the rest are just magiced into motion. Otherwise, that castle was severely lacking in appliances and kitchenware prior to the spell....

Another troubling thing.... Lumiere sings that "10 years we've been rusting..." So have they been enchanted for 10 years? Because the narration at the beginning of the movie says the spell would be permanent unless the Beast can break it before his 21st birthday. So was he 11 when he was turned into a Beast? Where were his parents?!

And more importantly.... What kind of freakish fairy punishes an 11 year old boy for turning away a stranger? Children shouldn't talk to strangers! Let alone invite them into their house! He probably just watched Snow White as a child and saw that as being a bad move! And instead he and everyone else in the surrounding area are cursed! Too cruel....

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:07 pm
My whole capstone project for college was analyzing Disney movies. I found really weird references in lots of modern movies. For example, in The Incredibles, a bunch of henchmen are playing a drinking game in an RV.

And in Monster's Inc, all the male monsters have the major jobs in the company, while the only monsters which are portrayed as female are a secretary and one that runs the child daycare. The only female monster in any "important" position is butt ugly, which insinuates that beautiful females should be assisting males or taking care of the kids. Butt ugly females can work behind a desk and have authority. Oooooh Disney.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:16 pm
Usually when I have wandering thoughts it pertains to a make-believe situation.

I'd be sitting in class bored, so I'd daydream about ninja's taking over the school! I would take out the ninjas in my classroom and lead everyone to safety, then pick out a few choice people to help me save the rest of the school... Home Alone-style. Then I'd be a hero.

And then the government would hear about my miraculous rescue mission. Thinking that my determination to overcome that which most thought to be impossible, they choose me to undergo an experiment meant to make me a superhero with a destiny to save the Earth. But, alas, one day I find that my beloved is now working for the enemy! Convinced that he is brainwashed, I join the enemy in an attempt to find out what is going on, only to find that the enemies are actually the good guys! So I once again go to the current enemy, which is now the government and pretend to be on their side. But they've figured me out! And when they took me in they put nanomachines into my body that hurt me when I defy them!

So now if I do not fight my beloved, I die! I am prepared to die, though, but I must at least let my love know of my situation. So I work for them untill I see my beloved again. Ah, my love! We begin our fight. Then as we fight I feed him information on what has happened.

Now that he is aware of my situation, I stop fighting and just stand there. Furious at my disobediance, the government throws the switch to activate the nanobots! No! My beloved cries with fury over what they have done to me. In a rage, he goes burzerk on the government, but it is too late.

I die.

But, there is hope yet! My spirit is strong and with the help of the powers I had gained I can remain on Earth as a wandering soul that fights alongside my beloved for peace and justice! But he is still determined to bring me back, so he continues to have a side-quest for bringing me back to life, so he can hold me once more. So sad! So beautiful! We have a final battle. A dangerous one.

We fight side-by-side against the government! At the end of the battle, my beloved is heavily wounded. We go on national television together, and I, in a visible form of my ghostly self, give a speech to the foolish people of the world on how they can become better. My beloved tells them that they should be strong as to not put to waste the sacrifice of himself and those like him, and then he dies.

He is dead, but now we are together to pass on to the afterlife, where we eat and play videogames for eternity.

The End! blaugh  

blue_green

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:43 am
wakusei

And more importantly.... What kind of freakish fairy punishes an 11 year old boy for turning away a stranger? Children shouldn't talk to strangers! Let alone invite them into their house! He probably just watched Snow White as a child and saw that as being a bad move! And instead he and everyone else in the surrounding area are cursed! Too cruel....

No I think he was like 20 then so that push him up to 30 which would make more sense. As the prince is usually hella older than the young girl. So yeah... it's Disney...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:41 am
Disney defensive mode...initiate!

Kyla_Ewens
My whole capstone project for college was analyzing Disney movies. I found really weird references in lots of modern movies. For example, in The Incredibles, a bunch of henchmen are playing a drinking game in an RV.

That's Brad Bird for you, though! Not one to worry about being so overly child-friendly. Not as greatly as Don Bluth, but still.

Kyla_Ewens
And in Monster's Inc, all the male monsters have the major jobs in the company, while the only monsters which are portrayed as female are a secretary and one that runs the child daycare. The only female monster in any "important" position is butt ugly, which insinuates that beautiful females should be assisting males or taking care of the kids. Butt ugly females can work behind a desk and have authority. Oooooh Disney.

To be fair, they're monsters and don't necessarily conform to our anatomy. What you perceive as being male could very well be female. Plus, very few monsters have speaking parts.

Miss-dark8607
No I think he was like 20 then so that push him up to 30 which would make more sense. As the prince is usually hella older than the young girl. So yeah... it's Disney...

But the spell makes the Beast permanently a beast when he turns 21. That's when the flower dies, so he's got to be 20 for most of the movie.
Since we rarely know the ages of both the princess and prince in Disney movies, I think it's presumptuous to assume the prince is always "hella older." And even if they are, it'd be no different than the actual fairy tales the stories are based from.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 am
My mental jukebox usually begins in the shower.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:24 pm
wakusei
Disney defensive mode...initiate!
But the spell makes the Beast permanently a beast when he turns 21. That's when the flower dies, so he's got to be 20 for most of the movie.
Since we rarely know the ages of both the princess and prince in Disney movies, I think it's presumptuous to assume the prince is always "hella older." And even if they are, it'd be no different than the actual fairy tales the stories are based from.

Yeah I know. That's why I am saying it's Disney and that's like the only thing they keep. I still think he's like super old even though he did look like a reject boy band member in his human form. Is it just me or did he look better as a beast than human? confused  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm
But they say he's 21! Which makes him the one prince who couldn't be super old! Well, him and Phillip. Phillip looked about 5 or 6 when Aurora was born. That's not that bad of an age difference.

The Beast is kinda ugly as a human though, yes. His nose and mouth are rather large and oddly detailed. But Belle isn't about appearances, eeeh?!

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff