Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Furry Critters Guild TFCG

Back to Guilds

This Guild is about Animals, You can Chat, Ask/Answer Questions, Role Play, Post Pics and lots more! 

Tags: Animals, Pets, Interests, Creatures, Chat 

Reply ~!~ The Furry Critters Guild TFCG ~!~
Monkeys as Pets?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scorpiomarie
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 pm
I watched an interesting Programme on TV the other day.. it was about people who have wild monkeys as pets. They take the baby monkey away from their mother as quickly as 3 days old. I think its awful, monkeys are wild animals, they really belong in the wild. sometimes they attack their owners, and some owners cant handle this, so they de-teeth them (they give them surgery to take their teeth out) its like these people are trying to make monkeys human, but they are animals..

What do you think about this?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:54 am
Hmm.. no one has replied, ANYONE OUT THERE? lool, I'ma have to think of something to bring my members back. smile  

Scorpiomarie
Crew

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:44 am
im sorry lol

im agaisnt keeping monkeys as pets. they have so many needs that most people cant properly keep them.

i mean i love exotics and keep a few undomesticated animals myself, but monkeys are right up there with big cats and crocodilians. some animals do not need to be kept as pets.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:45 am
Shanna66
im sorry lol

im agaisnt keeping monkeys as pets. they have so many needs that most people cant properly keep them.

i mean i love exotics and keep a few undomesticated animals myself, but monkeys are right up there with big cats and crocodilians. some animals do not need to be kept as pets.

Aww its ok Shanna, atleast I still have you *big hugs* lol, yeah I agree, some animals just dont need to be kept as pets, and would be better off in the wild. Monkeys can become really aggressive when kept as a pet, this has to mean something. smile  

Scorpiomarie
Crew

Kuroos

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:38 pm
These animals need to be free, and removing their teeth doesn't help anything at all the monkey can still hit you/kick you. Taking a monkey from it's parents isn't very nice ....you can compare this to humans. "would you de-teeth someone?" "would you take someone's child even though the parents still want them?" D: people need to think, poor monkeys  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:30 pm
nao do whut
These animals need to be free, and removing their teeth doesn't help anything at all the monkey can still hit you/kick you. Taking a monkey from it's parents isn't very nice ....you can compare this to humans. "would you de-teeth someone?" "would you take someone's child even though the parents still want them?" D: people need to think, poor monkeys

we do it to dogs and cats. why is it so much worse to take a baby monkey away from its mother?  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Scorpiomarie
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:10 am
Shanna66
nao do whut

we do it to dogs and cats. why is it so much worse to take a baby monkey away from its mother?

I understand what you mean, but with monkeys, they are wild animals, and they need to be with other monkeys, otherwise they can lash out and be hard to handle.
But with cats and dogs, they can be tamed and be socail with humans. also you can train a dog, but not a monkey.. well.. not very well anyway lol wink

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:41 pm
NO MONKEYS AS PETS. But the damage has been done to some of them,because they dont know how to survive in the wild and other monkeys may reject them or attack them, so no more new monkeys! scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream  

tetokasane36

Wickefisto

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:32 pm
It really is not the same thing as keeping a dog or cat as a pet. Monkeys are primates and NOT domesticated, their lives in the wild revolve around social interaction and they are intelligent to the point where it is necessary that they be taught their own appropriate social behaviors; how can they be expected to understand all of ours and act like human children? Their hormones change as they mature much like humans, only their rebellions are not as 'civilized' as ours.
Since dogs, cats, and ferrets do not have nearly as developed frontal lobes their needs are less complicated, however every mammal has the same three needs in their own way; exercise, challenges, and attention.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:30 pm
Shanna66
nao do whut

jajaja @..@' i haven't thought of that. but sometimes cats/dogs are together you know?  

Kuroos

Ice-Cold Cat

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:44 pm
nao do whut
Shanna66
nao do whut

jajaja @..@' i haven't thought of that. but sometimes cats/dogs are together you know?

yeah. and im still not syaing that keeping monkeys is right, but we take most animals away from their parents at a young age, thats all i was trying to point out  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:37 pm
Shanna66
nao do whut
Shanna66
nao do whut

yeah. and im still not syaing that keeping monkeys is right, but we take most animals away from their parents at a young age, thats all i was trying to point out

i wonder if the pets care who their mother is e..e''  

Kuroos

Ice-Cold Cat

killerqueen121

3,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:01 am
WHY MUST WE DO THIS STILL! REMEMBER THAT CHIMP ATTACK LAST YEAR!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:40 pm
nao do whut
Shanna66
nao do whut
Shanna66
nao do whut

im sure they miss their mother at first but after a while they forget and think of us as parents? idk, animals are much better at adapting than we are  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Scorpiomarie
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:12 am
Shanna66
nao do whut
Shanna66
nao do whut
Shanna66
nao do whut

im sure they miss their mother at first but after a while they forget and think of us as parents? idk, animals are much better at adapting than we are

Good point Shanna, but the thing is.. Monkeys are wild animals and they must remember their mothers.. right? I dont know hehe, but they can adapt to think that their owner is their mother.. i think smile  
~!~ The Furry Critters Guild TFCG ~!~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games