Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:02 pm
User Image

"Every scar is a lesson...

So, as I'm sure many of you have noticed, they changed the My Gaia page. Now, instead of having the nice functional one we used to have, we get this piece of experimental crap. It isn't even visually appealing, either.

Seriously. I deleted ALL of my interests because I had about 15 suggestions for each interest I had.

I know I'm not alone, the SF is in a frenzy on this one. But I'm curious about my fellow guildmates. What do you think of the new My Gaia page? Did you even use it at all before the change?

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:25 pm
I hate all these notifications. I have a large wishlist, and every couple of minutes I'm being notified that this or that is being sold or listed in the marketplace.

I didn't really use the My Gaia page before, except to get to the more important tabs. This one is ugly, though, and even less useful than before.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:34 pm
User Image

"Every scar is a lesson...

Yeah, it's really annoying. I just hope Gaia does something to fix it. Because as it is, this is horrid >_<

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 pm
Gaia seriously has never heard the expression, "if it's not broke, don't fix it."

I liked My Gaia. Now it's ugly and weird.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 pm
Ugh I absolutely hate the notification system >.< It gives me like 4 or 5 at a time and since I'm weird and slightly OCD I can't just leave it there; I have to go and click it so it'll go away >.<

And at this point, I'm used to Gaia changing things that don't need to be changed. I just really really wish that they would at least announce it and open it up to user feedback BEFORE they implement these kind of things >.>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:21 pm
I hate it.

I spend most of my time on Gaia clicking between the ATG forums and My Gaia, because I'm fidgety, and I like to see who's online. Now I can't do see that without going to my friend's list. And I like to see people's avatars easily, even just the heads, cause I'll often be like "Oh hey that's cool!" and go to their profile and check out the items. It's one of the ways I keep up to date on the new items Gaia is always releasing.

Also, Suggested Content: Weight Watchers
Thanks for making me feel crappy about myself Gaia. HOW THE HELL DOES THIS RELATE TO MY INTERESTS? -___-
The only possible things it could relate to are "Ratatouille" and "cooking". And I don't see how they made the jump.

It just doesn't make sense.

The only thing I like it when you don't have any requests, and it says "Like a savage beast you've devoured every request we've sent your way." That makes me smile. But that's the only thing I like.  

Kerrigan_dragon

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:21 pm
I too don't like the new notices. Like Tae, my wishlist is huge. I don't care what items are up for sale. When I want something, I'll go find it myself. Most useless, unhelpful feature they have imo. Even before they changed the My Gaia page, I hated seeing the listings for sale. Now they're making a word bubble appear for it? -_-
I don't know why they did this. I am not one to complain every time they change something but, this is a little much ._.

Also, dang...
Like hearing that irl wasn't bad enough... emo  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:28 pm
Kerrigan_dragon
The only thing I like it when you don't have any requests, and it says "Like a savage beast you've devoured every request we've sent your way." That makes me smile. But that's the only thing I like.

Ditto.

Also, I've yet to get some backhanded, passive-aggressive vibe from the new MyGaia page but damn. It's being mean to you guys =S

invisible-weirdo

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:29 pm
You could do me, Alarias. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:34 pm
@Weirdo - It sure is sad
@Jaft - lol  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 pm
I've gotten the message Ala got before on the old My Gaia page. Or at least something similar... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:59 am
I hate this page as well and I hate what they have done to booty grab as I will be poorer longer. Since now all the cash users who brought fish are on strike. Oh, and they disable getting tokens from Gold MT so I might have to break down and get tokens from the MP which are all overpriced. stare

Yeah Gaia has done wonderful things to the community at large. *sigh* why don't they just stick to pumping out cash shop items if they are just going to mess things up and not fix what's important like the mini games, guilds, and the exchange.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:41 pm
I was wondering what those notices I had were for...

I have the guild bookmarked, so I don't actually visit the main site...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:22 pm
Miss-dark8607
I hate this page as well and I hate what they have done to booty grab as I will be poorer longer. Since now all the cash users who brought fish are on strike. Oh, and they disable getting tokens from Gold MT so I might have to break down and get tokens from the MP which are all overpriced. stare

Yeah Gaia has done wonderful things to the community at large. *sigh* why don't they just stick to pumping out cash shop items if they are just going to mess things up and not fix what's important like the mini games, guilds, and the exchange.

Yeah they went after making changes to something that was perfectly simply and efficient when they could be using their efforts in a better way.

Although I can't say I hate it all that much. I hope I get used to it, although I'd rather have it back the old way.  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items