Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
HAHA!!! I was a fool!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:46 pm
Some players say that Elves make for good rangers - and are pretty much THE class.

i beg to differ! : D
i'm in the process of crafting a Razorclaw Shifter Hunter Ranger and it's the same bonuses - Dex and Wis - and you get to be your own beast companion. XD

You can tell i'm a newb to this; i'm just happy i found an alternative Px  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 pm
... I have a list at my desk of all the classes and races (from PHB1+2, since I don't have 3 yet), which abilities they use, and which race+class options are the poorest choices.

You don't HAVE to optimize, says my Dragonborn Druid and my Dwarven Sorcerer. mad

Still eager to try that Tiefling (Int, Cha) Fighter (Str, Con, Dex, Wis), that they explicitly have a Paragon Path for (Tielfing Warfiend, MP35) 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:15 pm
True, but i'd rather have an excuse to be a wolf. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 pm
Why? You hungry?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:41 pm
Rain Yupa
Still eager to try that Tiefling (Int, Cha) Fighter (Str, Con, Dex, Wis), that they explicitly have a Paragon Path for (Tielfing Warfiend, MP35) 3nodding
I had an idea for a con/str tiefling fighter when i saw the warfiend that i thought might be neat, but didn't really float my boat. However, In dragon there's a paragon path for a character who is a bard and any martial class. It lets you use charisma in place of the regular stat for attack and damage rolls, for any martial melee power as the level 11 feature. I really want someone to start an anything-goes paragon game just so i can be the best tiefling fighter evar.

that said, there is a lot of fun to be had in unoptimized characters, a halfling greatweapon fighter is a character i have a special place for. My first one was eaten by crocodiles though. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:27 am
Umm are we talking 4e here? Because in 3.5e Shifters only get +2 Dex., -2 Int., -2 Cha....
And Razor Claw gains a +2 Str. when shifting. The only way to get a +2 Wis. is to have the Dreamsight trait.

And I don't know of any ability that allows you to be your own Animal Companion.  

Archfiend Damio

KamikaziFreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 am
Actually, I've been toying with the idea of the low-dex ranger for a while, ever since I made "Sightless Arrow", an old half-orc monk/ranger as a pre-gen character for a one-shot I was running. He only had 5 dex, but had 22 wis with items, and whatever that feat is in Complete Warrior that lets you use your wisdom bonus on ranged attacks. The key is, you get your fighting style feats even if you don't meet the prerequisites.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:37 pm
I've made a blind fighter before. He didn't deal much damage, but he had all sorts of neat listen-based abilities. When a bunch of demons were trying to hide the McGuffin, he could hear which one held it by muscle contractions he made.

Truly, he had the eye of the heart.

His listen check was something like +30 around the early-to-mid teens. Mind you, this was only for a one shot, but it was fun not being able to see ^-^  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:46 pm
The Jester of Equilibrium
Umm are we talking 4e here? Because in 3.5e Shifters only get +2 Dex., -2 Int., -2 Cha....
And Razor Claw gains a +2 Str. when shifting. The only way to get a +2 Wis. is to have the Dreamsight trait.

And I don't know of any ability that allows you to be your own Animal Companion.
4e and i was joking.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 am
KamikaziFreak
Actually, I've been toying with the idea of the low-dex ranger for a while, ever since I made "Sightless Arrow", an old half-orc monk/ranger as a pre-gen character for a one-shot I was running. He only had 5 dex, but had 22 wis with items, and whatever that feat is in Complete Warrior that lets you use your wisdom bonus on ranged attacks. The key is, you get your fighting style feats even if you don't meet the prerequisites.

Your looking at Zen Archery good feat. I found that my pally with the serenity feat (everything based on cha is now based on wis) low dex and you don't even need str. range smite, and Zen archery, and intuitive attack if you use simple weapons. Everything you do is based on wis your attack your spells you divine grace... I basically found a way to make a single stat dependent pally ^_^  

Archfiend Damio

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff