Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
suckie images

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wow its byron

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:13 am
hey ive been look at everybody art and the image quality compared to mine is way better sad all i have is a webcam to take piic of my art but theres always a shade from the top its darker than the bottom . and my colors look faded. i just want to know how do you get ur art to be so clear and bright here is a link to my gallery O  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 am
Never downplay your artwork. If you say it's crap, then that's the attitude with which everyone is going to see your artwork.  

Raen Check

Griffonage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 am
Use a scanner. A cheap one doesn't cost that much and can be used for everyday things like scanning in receipts for records, etc. I got mine for about $75 and use it almost every day.

As for putting your art down, I think it's more common nowadays for people to just be annoyed with that tactic. Saying your art sucks makes it sound like you're fishing for compliments, and I doubt many people here will oblige.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:02 am
Raen Check
Never downplay your artwork. If you say it's crap, then that's the attitude with which everyone is going to see your artwork.

i know my stuff is good i just taking about how to make it look better instead of a lame looking pic of it  

wow its byron

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:48 pm
I tape it on the wall (at eye level) and stand back a bit so the image fills the viewfinder of my camera. The digital camera is set for an indoor setting to take out the yellow light. If it's a pencil sketch, but change it to greyscale.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:54 am
Errol McGillivray
I tape it on the wall (at eye level) and stand back a bit so the image fills the viewfinder of my camera. The digital camera is set for an indoor setting to take out the yellow light. If it's a pencil sketch, but change it to greyscale.

That's really a great help. same with MF King. I dont have a scanner and only use my camera for the scanning that's why I dont have much art on the web. smile Thank you.  

Winter_Rhapsody

Romantic Vampire

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

YoungBlaze4Eva

3,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:36 pm
Raen Check

being a good arrtist is about knowing your weak spot and where to improve  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:09 am
If you're feeling up to it, you can try digital drawings, thereby eliminating the scanning/picture taking process all together
Its a little weird at first, looking at the screen while drawing, but u adapt surprisingly fast. Of course the costs aren't so pretty.  

Ig-Knighted

10,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Anima Persona

3,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:12 pm
Hmmmm..... thats web cams for ya.