Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Otaku Survey...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Money?
  Yes.
View Results

Orokami

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:43 pm
Yeah...just curious.

Please answer some questions:

1) do you consider yourself to be an Otaku? (fan of manga/anime/etc.)

2) What do you look for in a good anime/manga/video game? (ie: plot, art, characters, amusing dialogue, etc.)

3) when did you get involved in anime/manga/etc? (as in what grade/age)

4) *Edit* just realized thanks to Over the Rainbows that 3 and 4 are same...sorry! So, uh...Hm...instead, how about "What's the best part of being otaku? What's the worst part?"

5) Do you attend conventions (like anime expo) ?

I'm not going to lie: this is for a school project in my anthropology class. We're supposed to do an ethnography (study of a specific culture) and I chose to do the Otaku. We needed to survey people, and I thought: what better way to do this than to ask the kind people of the NSTG? So please help me out ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:55 pm
Why is a raven like a writing desk?...

1) Do you consider yourself to be an Otaku?
YES. I love anime all the way. I'm obsessed! ^^

2) What do you look for in a good anime/manga/video game?
Art, plot, and sometimes if it has romance or not. I really prefer some romance, but if not, I'm still okay with it. Definitely action though! Awesome. > w <

3) when did you get involved in anime/manga/etc?
One year ago, and I've already watched more than 50 animes! It may not sound like a lot, but it is. :'D

4) How long have you been involved in anime/manga/etc?
Kind of the same as question 3, but about a year ago. It's just anime for me, no manga.

Unfortunately, no. I never know where to look, and there's never any where I live. >o<

...I haven't have the slightest idea...

Elemental Doll

Rest In Pisces

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1) do you consider yourself to be an Otaku?
Not really, I'm not an addicted type.. but I love some manga/animes (;

2) What do you look for in a good anime/manga/video game?
*Cute drawing, (can be in one's own way like the otome wa boku ni koishiteru OVA)
*Interesting characters
*Good storyline

3) when did you get involved in anime/manga/etc?
I always watch anime since I was a kid..
But I only started reading manga last year

4) How long have you been involved in anime/manga/etc?
Hmm, I think I considered myself 'involved' since last since 'cause I really am into it since then..

Nope.. But next time a cosplay will be held at our school, I'll join whee

Hope that helps~!
*PS, that's an interesting subject..

Ü

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:54 pm
Haha...thanks. I really like anthropology. If you're in high school or college, I recommend it as a social science/extra curricular class any day. Well, it depends on the teacher, I guess.  

Orokami

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:32 am
1) do you consider yourself to be an Otaku? (fan of manga/anime/etc.)

I didn't even know WTF otaku meant until now.

2) What do you look for in a good anime/manga/video game? (ie: plot, art, characters, amusing dialogue, etc.)

Hmm that's hard to explain. The few anime that I do watch (since I don't read AT ALL including comics/manga) I usually watch for the level of sophistication the characters have in their thoughts (see Xanatos gambit, Xanatos speed chess, Batman Gambit, and Xanatos Roulette for more information)

3) when did you get involved in anime/manga/etc? (as in what grade/age)

6th maybe 7th grade?

4) *Edit* just realized thanks to Over the Rainbows that 3 and 4 are same...sorry! So, uh...Hm...instead, how about "What's the best part of being otaku? What's the worst part?"

IDK? Best being that you have a bunch of people to hang out with. Worst that you're almost always gonna get laughed at whenever you try to cosplay.

Nope but I have once because a friend wanted me to come. I ended up getting bored and eating chow fun all day.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:35 am
bumping this.....^_^  

Orokami

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:17 am

1) do you consider yourself to be an Otaku? I am a fan, yes, but I would never consider myself an otaku sweatdrop In Japan, 'otaku' is a very derogatory term used to basically describe 30 year olds living in their parents basement who never leave the house. I have no idea how it got glorified here in the states D:

2) What do you look for in a good anime/manga/video game? Plot, plot plot plot! Preferably a mature plotline, and one that is long lasting and not based on episode alone. I also look for good animation.

3) when did you get involved in anime/manga/etc? I was.... Errr... 12? Card Captor Sakura was my first love.

4) *Edit* just realized thanks to Over the Rainbows that 3 and 4 are same...sorry! So, uh...Hm...instead, how about "What's the best part of being otaku? What's the worst part?" Again, don't consider myself an Otaku. Best part of being a fan is that foreign animations tend to have more substance than those here in the US, and worst part? So many people will bash the fandoms.

5) Do you attend conventions (like anime expo) ? I've only ever attended Ohayocon because it happens so close to my home. No traveling required.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Bumping, and to clarify on Daypaw's comment, in referring to Otaku, I am not referring to 30 year old men who are addicted. Otaku translates directly to "fan" in Japanese. And while the term is derogatory in Japan, I am strictly talking about fans of anime/manga, whether it is obsessive or not.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the answers!! (Still looking for more, though...10-15 responses would be nice! I'm at...*counting* four?)  

Orokami

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff